Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shadow

The Muse Has Returned!

6 posts in this topic

So,towards the middle of the RP Carnival, I noticed my ability to come up with riveting tales and ever eloquent stories was failing me. I couldn't seem to concoct anything new and/or good really and my writing sort of fell off for a while. While I was busy packing somethings and looking at some awesome stuff and playing games, some ideas struck me like lighting cast by (insert mage name here). Of course, I'm not going to claim that I'm back at an awesome writing peak again. However, these ideas are interesting to me, so maybe some of you will find them interesting and might want to join me for a fun RP based on these ideas. 

*Note: none of these have names yet, and these are short descriptions.

Hyaaaaaaaa!

This idea struck me while playing an MMO on my PC. Really it's an idea for a character that sounds fun, therefore the concept only really exists so I can use a new character idea. It's a world where long ago (insert beings/breeds here) all live together in peace. They thrived and had a grand country under the rule of (insert name). These people live well with advanced technology based on the one thing found in great abundance on the planet, Luxcerium. (explained later) With this magic material, life was created in the form of (insert android race name) and they created their own empire as well, living peacefully alongside their creators. 

When the Luxcerium began to run dry from over use however, the (insert) went to the humans/demons/angel/elves/etc. for help and were denied. War broke out soon after and was waged for many years with the people winning. In a tragic twist of events, the war ended with the destruction of the (insert) from celestial cause. The people also suffered great loss, forcing them into the equivalence of the dark ages without the use of Luxcerium. 

Thousands of years have passed since then and the tales and legends of old slowly faded more and more with the progress of man, until society was once again thriving and the Luxcerium and (insert) were forgotten. (this last paragraph here will probably be changed for something different later)

Gods Among Us

Okay, so I think all of the ideas are just for awesome character concepts, but moving on...This idea sprang up while I was viewing some radical images on the google. The setting is modern day wherever the hell, but it's modern. Magic is, of course, total fiction. Young (insert character name) believes this as well. Even if he wishes that something about the world were extraordinary, he is painfully aware of that blandness that is earth. However, one day he witnesses an event that will change the fate of mankind. 

A person, who he's never seen, is found in the middle of a four way intersection in the midst of rush hour. As he stands there, people yelling at him to move, a beast of unknown origins emerges from seemingly nothing at the call of the man. The beast, following the mans orders then goes out and beings destroying everything he can. 

While doing so, another man steps forward and summons a completely different, but equally terrifying beast and there, in the middle of downtown (city name) they fight a battle that changes everything. (This story can go several places, so I'm just going to leave it there for anyone who finds the concept of summoned beast interesting)

Lost Wonders

Again, character concepts, but this one has something that might amount to possible story line. This one hit me while packing. Janus, a man of legend. He has fought demons, warbeasts, vampires, fallen angels, warlords, mages, and a thousand other races to tedious for me to concoct. His skill in (blank) is that of a paragon and he is a being of untouchable power. Janus the Unparalleled. Janus the Paragon. Janus of the (blank) Knights. Janus the Legendary. Janus the Fair Skinned. Janus of the Golden Hair. Janus...well, they get the point. 

So when this young man by the name of Janus (lastname) appears in the city of (blank) with claim to be Janus the Reduced Power he gets all manner of scorn and disrespect. The villagers all know the tales of Janus, and they all KNOW with out a shard of doubt that this man couldn't possibly be "Our Lord and Savior Nicholas Cage Janus." So then who is he really? And who is this all powerful, coated in roses Janus?

Basically, this Janus had his powers drain by whatever thing and he is no longer the all powerful guy. And he isn't the only one. The other (blank) Knights are the same way. This tale is about their journey to regain their powers from whatever to achieve whatever, for blah blah blah, yadda yadda. You guys get the idea. 

If anyone has interest in these, please feel free to say so ^.^

I like the idea of the summoned beasts and maybe this young boy could be led by an experienced female counterpart in the ways of the summoned beasts?? :D. I think it's a cool base, but will need some really cool, unique antagonist to make it interesting and different.

Well, that one can go several ways. One is the generic guy gets this power somehow and goes on fun adventure with friends to fight the evil group. One takes us to the future where they are captured and the people are force to fight each other like in those movies. Another could be a battle for the world by others. I'm sure I could think of others too.

Also, it's mostly just for the concept of characters who summon there, so story is totally open to anything.

I'd like to throw in my support for the Summoned Beast one, sounds rather fascinating.

Well, if you two wish to engage in discussions regarding that one, since it seems no one else really cares about any of the ideas, I can start a PM for it....?

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0