Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Seanzilla

Check This Out Club [Interest Check]

13 posts in this topic

I was thinking about the Manga club and how the set schedule was getting hard for people to follow due to their other obligations and I tried thinking of a way to rejuvenate it and make it a bit more accessible. This is what I came up with.

The CTO Club basically works like this

1. At the start of each month I’ll pick a certain kind of media. It can be pretty much anything: books, movies, live action television, anime, manga, graphic novels, poetry or even silly stuff like smartphone games. Anything goes, as long as it is easily accessible.
  2. Everyone who wants to participate will contribute a title that they would like for someone else to check out.
  3. All contributions will be posted in the main thread for everyone to see.
  4. After contribution period closes, I will assign every participant a title that they have to check out and then share their thoughts with the group once they have finished it. Titles get assigned to prevent contributions from being overlooked, making sure that every contributions gets looked into by at least one person!
  5. Everyone gets an x amount of vetoes, depending on how many contributions were made. These vetoes allow you to pick an x amount of titles that you will not get assigned. While it is important for everyone’s contributions to get treated fairly, assigning someone a title that they truly do not wish to check out would also be lame.
  6. If you don’t have anything to contribute, treat this thread like a big list of recommendations. Of course it’d be more fun if you shared some of your favourite titles! Same goes for people who are done checking out their assigned titles: feel free to take a look at any other titles that interest you.

TL;DR: Everyone recommends a title. I assign the various titles to the various contributors. We all check out our assigned titles and tell everyone what we thought of it at the end of the month. Lazy people who don’t want to contribute can feel free to read whatever they want and share their thoughts if they want.

If there is enough interest, we can start doing the first CTO Club in September!

Wait so do I suggest a thing now? Like right here? I can do it right now? Mine isn't going to be manga though, is that okay? I mean I know the rules say it's okay but like, is it actually okay? Do you guys want my non-manga suggestions???????

HELLO SEAN WHY ARENT YOU ANSWERING MY MANY QUESTIONS????

1 person likes this

Wait so do I suggest a thing now? 

This is just an interest check! But I guess I can start it now if people are interested in it.

Like right here? 

Yes, it'd happen right here.

I can do it right now? 

You should wait for me to announce a theme for this month though!

Mine isn't going to be manga though, is that okay?

Depends. If the theme is specifically 'manga'; no. But I'll probably end up doing graphic novels and manga in one go, cause I know that half of the forum reads one medium and the other half reads the other. The point of this club is to get people to try something they normally never would, so putting manga and graphic novel up at the same time would be a great way to achieve that.

I mean I know the rules say it's okay but like, is it actually okay?

Yes.

Do you guys want my non-manga suggestions???????

No.

HELLO SEAN WHY ARENT YOU ANSWERING MY MANY QUESTIONS????

SORRY I WAS TOO BUSY NOT-STANDING BEHIND YOU WHILE YOU WERE WRITING THIS GEEZ

1 person likes this

1. even silly stuff like smartphone games. 

bravFLAPPY BIRD

I like this idea too! Add another point! :D

Okay

Time to force everyone to play Brav

I mean, Flappy Doge

Okay, 4 people actually interested in participating! The lazy squad is cool and all, but we need more people!

ONE - Nikkia

TWO - Ice

THREE - Shelmii

FOUR - Wstfgl

I don't count people unless they actually say that they are interested. 

1 person likes this