Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Seanzilla

Genius Game [Discussion/Sign up]

4 posts in this topic

The Genius Game is a Korean gameshow partially based on the manga Liar Game. After sitting through two seasons of the Genius Game I decided to try and organise something similar for S*T (and see if that would spark some more activity).

The game goes as follows:

- All contestants participate in the Main Match, which will be a game that tests your insight, social skills, perception and cunning. At the end of a Main Match one or several winners will be rewarded for victory in the form of Garnets, a currency used for bartering with other players or purchasing hints/tips/help from the GM, and immunity for the upcoming Elimination Match. In the even of a single winner, the single winner is allowed to pick one person to grants immunity.

- The loser of the Main Match will have to participate in the Elimination Match. In the even of multiple losers, the winner decides who plays in the Elimination Match. The loser must pick one opponent from the list of people who have no immunity who will serve as his opponent during the Elimination Match.

- The loser of the Elimination Match gets kicked out of the game and the remaining players move on to the next round.

That is the basic gist of the game as a whole. Once the game starts I will create a thread wherein all the official actions take place, but players are allowes to communicate however and with whomever they wish in private. As this is a solo game about outwitting and deceiving your opponents it is important to remember that you will rarely know the full story.

With regards to the Main and Elimination Matches: I will take several from the Korean show as well as introduce new ones.

This is gonna get ugly. *flexes fingers*

I guess it goes without saying, but anyone who joins this game must promise not to take whatever happens personally! Last thing we'd want is for this game to ruin relationships when there isn't even a real prize.

I was actually thinking of including a prize :D a small one... A gift card or something

For the sake of activity, I might join. It does seem interesting if not vague considering I don't know anything about this show.