Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Antwaine

ST ALBUM PROJECT: SPOOKY SCARY not skeletons shut up EDITION

21 posts in this topic

Hey guys. It's been a while. I guess my purpose these days is to come back every now and then and gather everyone I possibly can around, and get y'all to submit music to these stupid album projects that come up on a whim. 

THAT BEING SAID, Halloween is not too far around the corner. I think its only appropriate that we all assemble a scurry album to play throughout the month and irritate ourselves to death with. And so, this albums theme is: SCARY HALLOWEENY SPOOKY FRIGHTFUL SHIT WOOoOoOOoOOO!

I'm sure you're all thinking to yourselves, "But Antwaine, there's only like, 4 shitty songs that you can submit to an album project like this! And theyre all remixes of Andrew Golds' SPOOKY SCARY SKELETONS!" Well thats where you're wrong, assholes. This theme is pretty broad, because I'm not asking for particularly halloween-centric music. 

I want y'all to go through your collection of music, and pick out atleast 5 songs (or less) that deal with SCARY subject matter, or songs that SCARE you, or songs that SOUND SCARY (even if they're not), or... Worst case scenario, songs about halloween and halloween-centric things. I'm also making this an arbitrary rule--I don't want to see any NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS MUSIC SUBMITTED. IT WILL BE DELETED FROM THE SUBMISSIONS AND I WILL SEND YOU A STRONGLY WORDED PM TELLING YOU YOU ARE THE WORST. This arbitrary rule is to keep people from going easy-mode with this. 

So far, so good on the rules? Here they are in bulleted list form, for good measure:

• You may submit up to 5 songs
  • They must be scary/spooky/about halloween i some way
  • NO NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS MUSIC

Now onto the technicalities.... For those of you new to this process, there are some particulars on how you should go about submitting your music. The preferred method is for yall to take your music, upload them to a file sharing website, PM me a link to your uploads, and give me all the file/song info in said PM. For those of you looking for some easier reading though, HERES ANOTHER BULLETED LIST:

• Take your music--in MP3 FILE FORMAT--and rename the file in the following manner: 00 artist-track name (yes, do actually include the 0's, it makes ordering them for me easier) 
  • OPTIONAL NOTE: Try to keep your songs under 6 minutes if you can
  • Take said music, zip it upand upload it to sites like SENDSPACE or, if you wish to share your e-mail with me via PM, you can upload your music/tracks to DROPBOXIF YOU DECIDE TO USE DROPBOX, YOU DO NOT NEED TO BOTHER ZIPPING UP YOUR FILES. JUST DUMP THEM ALL IN THE GENERAL FOLDER THAT I HAVE CREATED, AND PROCEED TO THE NEXT STEP.
  • Afterwards, PM ME WITH A LINK TO YOUR TRACKS (if you used sendspace) or PM ME WITH YOUR SUBMISSION INFO (What tracks you submitted, playlist info, etc) 
  • UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD YOU REVEAL WHAT TRACKS YOU SUBMITTED UNTIL AFTER THE ALBUM HAS BEEN RELEASED
  • which will be, like, Monday, October 13th, 2014. Have your submissions to me by 12am EST the prior Sunday.

Sound good? Good. Additional member specific arbitrary rules:

• The Dan sucks and is not allowed to submit anything that even remotely resembles prog rock, metal, symphonic rock, dubstep, or anything in between. 
  • Kyo must sort his submissions from "least likely to be racist" to "most likely to be racist"
  • ACK is not allowed to submit linkin park and must also punch Zien in the face.
  • HerculeHastings nor Daydreamer are not allowed to submit anything from Babymetal.
  • All of Blecks submissions must include the banjo.

HAPPY SUBMITTING, EVERYONE

1 person likes this

I got a couple tracks in mind...

Most of which are from one artist.

I'd submit the hell out of this if I could, unfortunately, there's no download link and I don't feel like going through the trouble to get the mp3 track from the video (it's not hard, but it does take a while). 

So here. Have true terror.

• Monday, October 13th, 2014. Have your submissions to me by 12am EST the prior Sunday.

well the submissions have been p bogus and theres only like 8 songs submitted. i guess i can extend the fuckin submission date but man

album projects just aint the same around these parts no mo

Scary songs are hard to find, man. Cut us some slack! =(

Scary songs are hard to find, man. Cut us some slack! =(

Pretty much this.

I could help with this so hard. Unfortunately I don't have access to a computer.

I can help the rest of you however. Look up Nox Arcana, especially Carnival of Lost Souls. Other bands that do good creepy music: Misfits, Samhain, Balzac. If Rob Zombie shows up on the album I'll invade all of your dreams and devour your souls