Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Solyeuse

is anyone free

37 posts in this topic

I'd like to start an RP. Preferably one that gets to the first post (no, I'm not going to leave just because the last 3-4 didn't, that'd just be stupid you guys are nice people).

Prefer a serious plot with lighthearted execution. I'm not certain how to describe this - I think it'd boil down to a plot/setting/characterisation thing. Plot would be serious (that means a definable, reasonable end-goal), but the latter two need not be. For example, just off the top of my head: Princess of deposed kingdom with overly-long alliterative name (say, um Acacia Averil Aum-Antares) travels to the future to seek help deposing an Evil Overlord. Or something stupid like that. See? Definable, reasonable end-goal, but not really all that serious in execution. I'm down for most genres at this point, but prefer fantasy. Not up for post-apocalyptic.

I realise like 90% of the regulars around here are busy with school which is fine. I'm a patient guy. Or I can just run run with a Student that'd be fine too.

Ok that's it classified ad over now to wait for callbacks responses.

Callback Response initiated!

Anywho, I'm always around and as it happens, I'm a big fan of Fantasy. I also haven't got school to distract me at any point. I'll also add that I quite like your off-the-top-of-your-head idea.

There are so many logistical issues with my off-the-cuff idea it isn't even funny (this is why I have trouble hitting post 1) but if you think we can make it work then just say so and I'll spend a few minutes ironing them out.

I think the kinks can be worked out, I've grown attached to the idea already :) As long as we despose of any ramblings and confusion and keep it simple, I shouldn't think there would be a problem. The definable, reasonable, end-goal is already in place (i.e. helping the princess take down the evil overlord to save her kingdom with the overly long alliterative name).

Hi, yes I'm call in regards to an ad posted in today's notices. Where do I need to send my information? B-)

Three's a good size, I think. I don't really want to change the title so we can find some way to title our timetravel rp "is anyone free" (no, let's not do this, it's a stupid idea).

1. Who wants to be the princess?

2. How does time-travel work? (A wizard did it, but is it the Princess or her court wizard?)

2a. If the wizard did it, how do they get back to back-in-time?

3. Magic exists/is well-known of in the future, yes/no?

3a. Magic can be taught in the future if it exists, regardless of whether it's well-known, yes/no?

postscript: elves and other races in the past?

'Is Anyone Free' could count as the title because the princess is looking to see if anyone is free to help her...that makes sense, right?

1. If it's a warrior princess, I wouldn't mind. However, she could simply be an NPC who gathers our characters from the future. (Presuming we are all from the future)

2. I was thinking it's a forbidden practice, and the princess uses an out-of-court Wizard known to somewhat bend the rules. (Somewhat cliche, perhaps, but serves the purpose).

2a. Classic time limit? Wizard instructs time travellers that a return portal/doorway/whatever will open in a certain place at a certain time and they better be there or get stuck in the future.

3. I'd vote well-known.

3a. Can definately be taught, I should think.

Postscript: In abundance in the past, severely downsized in the future.

Just my thoughts on your points.

I m good playing the part as well if she's not a warrior, I feel magic should be well known. I kinda was thinking she did the time travel on accident or she got caught up in it. How they get back is same incantation but however many go is how many go back no more no less law kind of. Can be taught but to a select few and lastly heavy magic in past very limited in future.

"Accident" has the makings of a really good idea because how does one think of time travel as an option at all? However, that begs the question of how, exactly, one gets into such an accident.

I'm thinking mage-scholar princess (combat magic optional) who researches forbidden magic to try to wrest control back from Evil Overlord (a user of said forbidden magic?) and stumbles across time travel magic that way (time travel magic, of course, being exceptionally not-well-known). The other option is Yajuu's 'out-of-court Wizard' which gives us a lot of options as well (instantly we have a time limit, for one, giving the plot a sense of urgency).

Ok, so Raine can have the princess if she is happy with that. As for the time-travel I like both options but I'll put my vote towards my idea (not just because it is my idea :)) because I quite like the time limit.

Shame, I really liked my idea, I think Forbidden Magic Princess would have made for a very fun character. But no matter, we overlook - having a time limit is really plot-conducive also.

Okay. We can do this. Character sheets?

Or we could just not post them, I guess, and just divvy up the roles (so our characters can get to know one another organically). I'm assuming Raine is the princess, which means Yajuu and I are from the future. If we're all fine with that we can begin.

Keep the Character sheets out of the OOC, I'd say. That way, as you mentioned Solyeuse, our characters can organically interact and evolve.

I'm down with it all; let's rumble.

I guess I'm just used to working with open character sheets. Which is odd, because I don't think I've ever worked with open character sheets.

Okay, princess, you're up.

Normally I'd make the first post (as the guy who started the RP) but I personally think it makes more sense for the princess to open. Gives us better setting.

I think in the context, the princess opening up makes sense. Unless you wanted to set the scene of the world first, Solyeuse?

I can do. I should have it be the end of the weekend. Anything you want me to mention in the intro

The time limit. Also a bit of scene-setting for the past. If we're going with "everyone in the past has an alliterative name", make sure the Evil Overlord doesn't have one.

I don't really have any big ideas on how the world works or has to work (normally I'd try to sort it all out, but I suppose that isn't strictly necessary). Just put in a suitable deterrence from abuse of Time Travel Magic - requires rare materials or something, I don't know - assuming, of course, that the intro is Protagonist Princess popping through twisted time.

Just as a clarification, we *are* going for Magic well-known in both times, with it being common and easy to use at mid-high levels in the past but rarer in the future with less natural ability, right?

Solyeuse, that's about right in my books. Quick question: How far in the future are the future warriors?

However far the princess decides to go (but not too far).

For technology, I'd say around the equivalent of our 1900 is a good time. That gives us usable (but not overly overpowered) guns, with equally usable swords, and technology would be fairly well-known, but the people wouldn't be overly reliant on it the way we are (what? oh, fine, the way we might be considered to be) today.

Arrgh, double post!

Anywho, You still writing up your post Raine? I really want to start this one :D

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0