Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DayDreamer

PG-13 [closed] The Uncharted Lands Discussion

29 posts in this topic

I feel like doing some RPing, there's not much open at the moment, and I have no particular ideas for one. So I thought I'd start this topic and see if others are looking to get into something, and we can brainstorm some ideas.

I'm up for potentially any genre, except probably romance. I would definitely get bored with realistic romance, might be able to sustain a fantasy or such one though. Doesn't mean a plot can't have romance though, but just if its the sole focus of the story I can't promise interest.

I'm not fussed how much or how little people post, or how they post, or whether it stays G-rated or full-on X-rated or anywhere in between, or how many participants we have, or whether you're Student or Graduate, or what speed you post at, or how likely you are to see the RP through to completion. Seriously I'll roll with anything here. I tend to conform to what everyone else is doing, so I'll meet whatever length and detail seems to be the standard.

So yeah, if you're looking for some RP, come on in and lets cook something up.

I haven't RPed in years, so I'm mega rusty and even shittier than I used to be. However I'd join and see if we could cook something up if you'd have me.

As long as you can string a sentence together, which it seems you can, you're welcome aboard. It's been a while since I last have as well, but that's never gonna change unless we get some RPing going. Even if it turns into an absolute maelstrom of terrible posts and we all want to get off the ride before we throw up, we can always start more RPs and keep trying.

So what kind of genre would you want this to be? I'm fine with anything, but my preferences would be either sci-fi or fantasy.

Likewise really. If I had to choose I'd lean toward fantasy. I intend to wait a day or two and see if anyone else joins up, since we're both fine with anything it'll be convenient to defer to others if they have stronger preferences. If not, we'll proceed with planning on the assumption it'll just be us.

In the meantime though, character sheets yea or nay? I'm fine to do without them in general, but its no hassle to use them if people prefer.

Cool beans.

We probably don't need them. That being said I'll probably end up making a personal one so I can make sure I don't forget anything important about my own character.

Even if it turns into an absolute maelstrom of terrible posts and we all want to get off the ride before we throw up, we can always start more RPs and keep trying.

Exactly the attitude I like to see! I'm absolutely up for some RPing.

I'm more into fantasy than sci-fi, but I do like space. I have some notes on a fantasy RP I've been planning, so that's an option, but I'm curious what other people have in mind.

Also, I'm a student. I should mention that.

Very good, we've something of a crew now.

It seems like fantasy is the way the wind is blowing so I think its pretty safe to set sail in that direction.

Do share your thoughts on that fantasy RP, Ria. Whether we go exactly with it or not, we can at least use it as a starting port to navigate from.

Also I'll drop the anchor and stop the nautical references now.

The nautical references are making me think it might be fun to explore a sea exploration type game. I mean you did say we were a crew now. Could be explorers or pirates in a mystical Neverland type setting - not saying a peter pan rp, but that setting would be fun. - just an idea

The nautical references are making me think it might be fun to explore a sea exploration type game. I mean you did say we were a crew now. Could be explorers or pirates in a mystical Neverland type setting - not saying a peter pan rp, but that setting would be fun. - just an idea

This is amazingly close to what I had in mind. It's an exploration game that would start on a ship. The PCs would be officials serving a kingdom, sent on a mission to explore, chart, and begin colonization in unknown land. There would be supplies on the ship and hirelings to help with menial tasks, but all of the decisions would be up to the PCs. I would have nothing planned for what we would find there; that would be up to whatever feels right to the players and would advance the story. I was just going to put the finishing touches on my character before posting it.

Will the RP take place on Earth or a fictional world? Just 'how' fantasy do we want it to be? Harry Potter/LotR level or a bit more subdued and GoT-like?

I was thinking a world somewhere between Game of Thrones and Avatar: The Last Airbender with a focus on exploration, survival, and building things. The PCs are leaders who can control some form of magic (I haven't thought this part through yet), and the hirelings will be vanilla soldiers, workers, medics, etc. Generally speaking, what we encounter and what we're capable of is left up to whim. Creative fantasy creatures are encouraged, but we can have more conflict than just fighting. I guess the only rule I'd like to have is not to contradict story elements introduced by other players.

I get what you mean. How "fantasy" it is will basically depend on what we throw in the mix as we go along.

It didn't bump, but I saw the thread go up so I'll bump this like so. I should get my post in today.

Can you change the name of this topic so it's easier for other people (namely mods) to identify?

Oh, and a note on characters. I don't think bios are necessary to post, but I have one for my character and I think they should at least be kept for your own reference. To clarify magic in this world, it's something few people are born with and manifests as a major power and a minor power. Major powers are broad categories that let you do various undefined things (for example, mine is "innate machinist"), and minor powers are thematically similar abilities that give you slight conveniences (mine is weak telekinesis).

Oh man, I was about to ask whether this was still happening and was lost for a second... coudn't find this thread -___-

Anyway I am super slow so give me like a day to post a reply!

Guess I'm not as slow as I thought I'd be |:

Edited by Seanzilla

I did consider the name change might've been a problem, but I had faith you'd be able to find it again :ph34r:

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0