Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zombie

Anybody fancy a little post-apocalypse horror?

21 posts in this topic

Title says it all. I've got no clue for a storyline, so I'll wing it if and when I get anybody interested. Trust me when I say I can wing it. <3

I think I already have a general character idea in mah head. Insert sinister and maniacal laughter here.

1 person likes this

/wants to blow your head off cause your a zombie/ I can get a character going, but what all do you have in mind so far in terms of winging the plot? o.o

Well, when I wing a plot, I tend to wing it. ;p

Of course, I'm picturing the environment in my head, and the cause of the apocalypse, as well as the elements and whatnot. I've got a very vivid picture in my head at the moment. So with that done, I just need to devise some factions, groups, survivor restrictions and whatnot.

So you will keep this a secret from us until we create our characters so we can throw them cruelly into a post-apocalyptic setting regardless of their abilities to survive and then watch them attempt to survive becoming either corrupt or saint-like human beings (unless we can be mutants) from the disasters they will be forced to seek out and face on a daily basis for the rest of their meager lives?!

nice.

will you tell us about your character or put the description about it somewhere else later? c:

1 person likes this

It wouldn't be the post-apocalypse if everybody knew what was going on without desperation and chaos. I'm having ideas popping into my head far too fast to list them. However, I don't think I'll be doing zombies, as I'm picturing this story taking place decades after humanity is but an endagered species. As for mutants, I don't mind, though not sure entirely how I'll introduce them into the plot yet. But I do have an idea for mutants. I do plan on making the environment non-survivor friendly. Slip ups will be incredibly hazardous to ones health.

I was thinking If someone the equivalent of princess peach was randomly tossed in for some reason. .-.

Alright :3 mutants would be cool :3 I like this idea. I was gonna do something similar, but never got the time to and it was gonna involve zombies. Anything post-apoc is okay with me ^^

And since you are making it way after what's left of humanity sort of regroups and survives, the elements/reason for apocalypse could alter what humans used to be? Since slip ups are so easy, mutants could be the next gen or something. Asdhdhdjdk, just throwing stuff out there.

I may be interested in joining this! Don't have a character idea as yet but hoping the factions and such can inspire me more. ^^

1 person likes this

Yeah, I was thinking mutations based on surviving were going to be a large part of it, though mutations also caused by other elements as well such as NBC (nuclear, biological, or chemical). But I have a pretty good idea of what the environment is going to be like.

As for factions, I'm thinking one large faction that was created with the idea of rebuilding humanity but was corrupted and tarnished by greed and desire turning it into a group hated by most. It's members wont understand the hatred because they will believe in it's cause in their hearts. I wasn't picturing any other large groups, just remote towns constantly harassed by this large faction. I'm also imaging the value of human life to be incredibly high as the human population is so low. So I'm imagining murder to be an excessively worst crime than it is today. Or at least, the loss of life that much more drastic on survivalist towns and camps.

I'll probably start typing this up later today and have something I can post either today or within the next few days. More ideas are always welcome.

Yeah, I was thinking mutations based on surviving were going to be a large part of it, though mutations also caused by other elements as well such as NBC (nuclear, biological, or chemical). But I have a pretty good idea of what the environment is going to be like.

As for factions, I'm thinking one large faction that was created with the idea of rebuilding humanity but was corrupted and tarnished by greed and desire turning it into a group hated by most. It's members wont understand the hatred because they will believe in it's cause in their hearts. I wasn't picturing any other large groups, just remote towns constantly harassed by this large faction. I'm also imaging the value of human life to be incredibly high as the human population is so low. So I'm imagining murder to be an excessively worst crime than it is today. Or at least, the loss of life that much more drastic on survivalist towns and camps.

I'll probably start typing this up later today and have something I can post either today or within the next few days. More ideas are always welcome.

Kind of, sort of reminds me of Shade's Children by Garth Nix. Fantastic read by the way, check it out if you're ever in a library.

This guy called mystic is too shy to say it, but he wants to join.

Kind of, sort of reminds me of Shade's Children by Garth Nix. Fantastic read by the way, check it out if you're ever in a library.

One of my favorite post-apocalypse novels is definitely Alas, Babylon. If you haven't read it, you ought to check it out.

I've got a character idea! It'll be a girl with her pet cat. The cat seems a lot more intelligent than it lets on. As for the girl, she had always been protected by her overprotective scientist mother, who told her that the one and only thing she must focus on doing is staying alive. Nothing else matters. The mother died before the start of the story, and she was left to fend for herself all of a sudden.

1 person likes this

If there's room, I definitely have an idea for this. I'll post it sometime today.

I would like to play a mutant enemy. Someone who is against everyone else unless someone wants to join her. Playing an opposing character would be fun as I've never really done it before. Since you are creating larger groups & factions, maybe there could be two major large groups/governments and Roleplayers could choose which one they want their character to be in. One group could be "good" and the other "bad" or "rebellious" etc.

My character would be a woman who murders to get money, food, ration cards etc and lives in the alley ways. If the mutants option is possible, I wanted her to have a special power that could allow her to get away with so many murders along with her skills. She's young and due to a scarring past is now a rebellious fighter. Human life means nothing to her aside from her own which she instinctly tries to keep alive. Death is her ultimate fear, but she will face it to attempt to evade it. She has a preferred weapon and her stealth is what keeps her a secret. I dunno what her weapon would be, but this is what I have so far. :-) I'll try to type up a character sheet later ! I hope you guys post your ideas as well!

Depending on who wants to be in what faction I can roll up a character for either.

I guess my character would be Good, though her main interest is in staying alive. She might find herself reluctantly thrust into this faction war.

Sorry about the sudden disappearance, ladies and gentlemen. I was a bit sick the last few days. Still hurts to breath in all the way due to coughing too much. Anyway, I'll get on this soon enough.

Much love.

I hope you get better! Drink lots of warm water and rest! We'll be patient :0

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0