Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DayDreamer

Tabletop/Board Games

19 posts in this topic

So there's this game on Steam called Tabletop Simulator and it basically gives you a 3D tabletop and assets to play basically any tabletop or board game that modders put up for it. Multiplayer of course, up to 8 players at once. Everything from staples like chess and monopoly, to lesser known things like Takenoko and King of Tokyo, to not-really-board-games like pool and bowling and jenga, all sorts of card games, and everything in between.

So basically looking for anyone that wants to get that and form a group to play games occasionally. Because there are a lot of cool board games I want to try but nobody to play with :(

I'd be totally game if I could, like, play Cards Against Humanity on that.

I know Octy's got it, maybe I'll pick it up if more people get it.

Currently, DD, Ice and I have it. Join us, it's pretty hilarious. :D

Any examples of what games are on offer?

So far in the short hour that we've tried it, we've played 3-player Chess, Chinese Checkers, Go, D&D, Jenga, some strange card game using Poker cards and some game involving dice and tokens.

There are user-created mods for the game, so I suspect that Cards Against Humanity should show up eventually.

Also, if you lose or get fed up, you can flip the table and ruin the whole game for everyone. That's always fun XD

1 person likes this

You're the hero we need but don't deserve

Actually if you like CAH, there's also on there 'Superfight!' which is from the same people and seems to be pretty similar. You form people with some random abilities and then argue over who would win in a fight.

That sounds like my kind of game, actually.

Brb getting this game

Ahhhh I've been looking for online Go chess for weeks... Might actually get this too.

Is there really Go in there? Can't seem to find it in the workshop.

If you all haven't played Sentinels of the Multiverse yet... Then don't even talk to me. (there's actually a game on Steam now for it, and I honestly don't think a system like this could handle the awesomeness of SotM (it just has a lot of cards)).

ANOTHER COOL FEATURE IS WHEN ICE IS LOSING OR GETS CONFUSED, SHE CAN RUIN EVERYTHING. IN MULTIPLE WAYS. IT'S GREAT.

Ahhhh I've been looking for online Go chess for weeks... Might actually get this too.

Is there really Go in there? Can't seem to find it in the workshop.

Yeah the game has Go by default, so it won't be in the workshop.

If you all haven't played Sentinels of the Multiverse yet... Then don't even talk to me. (there's actually a game on Steam now for it, and I honestly don't think a system like this could handle the awesomeness of SotM (it just has a lot of cards)).

Well it does exist for this game at least, so it works. But I think generally for card games where you build decks and such, there's indeed better options for many of them, since this doesn't have any particular mechanics for deck construction, you have to set aside cards manually just as in RL.

But being the Pokemon fan, have you played THIS: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=311350973

Yes, join us. There's even a mod for a Magikarp figurine, you can use that in any game as your piece ;D

As for Ice and Octy, let's have another session again soon. I've been going through grabbing games from the workshop and learning them so we'll have more interesting things to try.

That sounds like my kind of game, actually.

Brb getting this game

One of stranger default games it has is called CardBots, which also sounds like your kind of game. You construct a robot by playing component cards in different slots on the board, then battle the opposing robots. And there's no structural requirements to the robots other than having a head - your robot can be built entirely out of rocket launchers and chainsaws.

As for Ice and Octy, let's have another session again soon. I've been going through grabbing games from the workshop and learning them so we'll have more interesting things to try.

Can't wait! :3

One of stranger default games it has is called CardBots, which also sounds like your kind of game. You construct a robot by playing component cards in different slots on the board, then battle the opposing robots. And there's no structural requirements to the robots other than having a head - your robot can be built entirely out of rocket launchers and chainsaws.

Sold, I guess?