71 posts in this topic

I gives a small smile and walks over to stand in front of him. She was a good length shorter than him and she looked up at him with a smug face. "If you want me to not pretend, than I'm all for it. I don't think you have the compasity to make friends in the first place. Too much of an asshole to see other people as more than play toys and sheep. You call me condescending..." She says in a bitter tone, kicking the tip of his boot lightly. "I'd say go to hell but you're the one who creates it. Thank you for the experience. Been there, done that. Got the tee-shirt." She says lightly flicking more dust into the air from her shirt and turning away from him.

He couldn't help but grin down at her as he crossed his arms "There we go, that's it. That's what I'm looking for. It's much better to be hated because you know the other person is honest about it. That's why I'm an asshole, sweetie. And because it's fun. Oh, and, since you're such a smart cookie and all around tough girl I'm done with the hand holding. I will sit back and just watch to see how many times you screw yourself and those around you over. Then again, your men, and yourself, were captured by the military and dodged a rifle round to the head on a whim. So great going there. That's already your first of many fuck ups to come"

She could just feel the angry words inside her but couldn't vocalize then like she wanted. She wanted to beat the shit out of him, kick him to the ground like she was for months. "I never had your hand to hold. Nor pity or anything if that kind. I never needed it." You could almost see the stream from her heated head. "Id rather be honest about looking you than hating you but you are such a... A clear example of sheep that you don't know the difference." She says fuming. She walks away from him and continues to mumble to herself about him. He was such an asshole! Someone who doesn't think of anything but what he has for himself.

Upon calling him a sheep something in him began to boil and he followed after her "And what exactly makes me a sheep?" he said, grabbing her neck and pinning her to the truck "I'm nothing like those brainless puppets!" he shouted at her, then let go and stepped away. He took out his carton of cigarettes and took one out, lighting it, then taking a drag from it "People like you die. You're always ready for it, you don't care if it's today or tomorrow. You think this gives you freedom and maybe it does. And maybe you think that if you live out your life free any day would be a good one to die" he chuckled and let out a puff of smoke, then reached under his jacket, taking a pistol out of its holster and tossing it to the ground in front of her. Part of him wanted to see what she'd do with it at the opportunity. And maybe what she would do would be what he wanted.

She rubbed her neck for a moment as she watches the gun slip towards her. She thought about taking it, shooting him, and taking the van for herself. She reached her foot out and turned the gun slowly, thinking of her options. "Now why would you give me this? Are you sure I'm the one who doesn't care to die? Maybe you are so wrapped in orders, and making sure you don't disturb the peace." She reaches down and takes the gun in her hand, moving it skillfully and dropping the magazine out of the gun. She kicks it toward him, still holding the gun. "You are more ready for death than I am. Knowing you have done what you are told you can die today and know that people will remember you. I wouldn't die happy because I'd be a speck on the earth that just got wipped out without one concern of why." She raised the gun and in one quick click sent the bullet still in the chamber into the van beside him. "If I would have shot you I would have died being remembered, but for what? Shooting a pompus man who is a sheep like the others." She says tossing the gun back down and moving away from the van.

He smirked and shook his head "That's a common misconception. None of us would be remembered. And here's a bit of truth about me" he paused, frowning "I don't like doing what I do. I used to do it to stay alive. But I don't have a reason to live. I could save someone's life and in two days they won't remember what it was I had to save them from" he turned to face her "So don't you dare call me a sheep, you little cave rat"

"Fuck you..." Is all she could muster up. She was fighting with someone who was nearly the same as her. She was yelling at someone for no reason. "How about we stop talking. They just seems to make us want to kill each other more." She says, pulling open the door of the van to sit herself in the passenger seat. That same sting was on her throat again, causing the same reaction as before. Again is the only thing her mind could find about it but she pushed it away. She was scum to him and he was a mindless drone to her. That's all this needed to be.

He sighed and took a drag from his cigarette before letting out a big puff of smoke "There's a surprise, You had a good idea we can both agree on" he grabbed the gun and the magazine and put them all back together, then holstered it and leaned on the side of the truck, sliding down so he was almost sitting on the ground "Women..." he muttered to himself through gritted teeth.

She shook her head and leaned it against the seat, closing her eyes for a moment and sighing. Men were difficult and hard headed, and she didn't understand why they were so appealing to women. She didn't want to deal with them, but anything is better than this place. Anything is better than what she had been through.

After a while the people Raenna had called for were brought out and taken to the van. Gilmore watched them be loaded up into the back. Soon after, a soldier, who was most likely the driver showed up, tucking his shirt under his pants as he was walking over. Gilmore told him to get in the back and watch the prisoners, as well as that he'd be driving. The man looked reluctant but obeyed and got in the back, while Gilmore sat in the driver's seat. Once the back of the van was closed and locked, he fired up the engines and drove out.

Raenna watched the scenes go by as he drove. She had not been in a car in years. She took small glances at Gilmore driving, thinking of their conversion. Why was she even here? What did she have that another didn't?

As they drove Gilmore noticed her glancing over at him and without turning to look at her asked flatly "What is it?"

She looks over at him fully and waits a moment. "Its nothing.. Just mindless thinking. Remember, no conversations." She says in a bitchy tone, raising a brow to him and giving a mocking smile. He was an asshole to her so she was going to match him.

He let out a bench, then tapped his chest "Sorry, that was my gut busting with laughter. You can smell the residue, if you want" he said cynically before turning back to the road "Far to the east coast there's a port city. It's a slice of a dream, to be honest, people living their happy little lives. There's even a working dock where we do trading with the few remaining areas that regained stability. Sometimes we'd even get immigrants. And that's good since we need a population. The city's almost entirely civilian. That's partly for show though. But recently some renegades and nomads have found out this little fact and have planned to use one of the freighters and escape. And we can't let them do that. However we also can't cause a scene at the arrest. It needs to be handled delicately and without so much as a whisper. Now I'm clearly a soldier so even if I go undercover. or if anyone of my men go undercover we have a chance of being exposed and the renegades might scamper off, or worse, cause a scene. Ordinarily, that wouldn't be a problem, since the military and police would subdue them very quickly, but there are a lot of immigrants there, plus civilians. We can't have anything disturb the pasture. So the plan is, you and your men go undercover, earn their trust and lure them into a trap. You're relatively innocent-looking, plus you're a former renegade. They'll buy it. I'll blend in with your guys and keep a low profile. When the trap is set, we'll bring them in and take care of them, then dispose of the bodies without a trace. Job done, the end"

She groans and places her head against the window. "Always with the disposing. Why not just put them where you put me? You didnt seem to habe a problem with that. But no matter. Me and my men can deal with that plan. Jist dont speak up, because in a way we have our own language so dont. Make. A noice." She says lightly keeping her eyes towards the passing scenes. "I hope you know who youre dealing with when it comes to these guys. Renagades are people of kill or be killed. No mercy in their minds, not even for a woman or a child. It would be easier if you didnt even come along." She said with a scowl.

"Don't talk to me like I'm some greenhorn, girl. And I am going to come along to keep an eye on you and make sure you all don't piss off with the wind" he replied coldly, his eyes fixed on the road "I know what a renegade is and I know how to handle myself. As for your suggestion, we can't have any old yahoo join just because they're a renegade. It disturbs the ranks, for one thing. Besides, enlisting people like you is still generally frowned upon. Besides, once we get there we'll do some scouting. If they have someone on the other side to greet them that would somewhat change the plan. But regardless, it's of little consequence" he sighed.

"Fine... Do as you please. Im just here to get out of that hell hole and into a place that i can shower every night without fear of gettig raped or killed. It would be nice." She said in a flat tone, a bit of distance too. She would have shot him if she could... Ran and never came back. Ran somewhere she was not know. "I suppose i should thank you.. For getting me this place. For getting me out of there. But again i should hate you for putting me in it in the first place." She spoke lightly, taking a glance at him. "You really are just like us you know.."

He couldn't help but chuckle "Who knows. Also, 10 points to you for breaking the tension. I like that" he said, glancing over at her, then back "I wanna ask you something. If you could leave the continent, would you? Or would you stay and fight?"

She thought for a moment, thinkig of the wonderous places that she could go. "Honestly, id love to leave. Not just this horrid place for some place in the trees but leave my past. To leave my life behind.." She says looking over at him. "I may seem like i love what i do, and sometimes i do, but i just dont want to live like this anymore." She says with a shrug, turning away from him to watch the horizon. It seemed like that horizon held every ounce of dreams she had but was exactly what it seemed. A horizon, something never reached.

"Well, one day you might have a chance" he said "If you volunteer for oversees duty you can just run away as soon as you get to the shore. But then again that holds risks of its own. Most of it is a wasteland with few settlements, lots of marauders and god knows what else. Not to mention everything is highly irradiated. You'd need survival equipment and then some. I've heard of safe zones, though. But I'm afraid of what the conditions will be there. Though one rumour I heard was the most preposterous of them all" he chuckled "An old man trying to escape with a suitcase full of books once told me there's a city built under the ocean. Supposedly it has everything there and there's little to no radiation" he laughed "The guy was a nut for sure"

She giggles a bit but sighs and keeps her eyes on the passig view. "Yeah nuts.." She says in a hushed tone. She thought for a while then looked over at Gilmore with a small smile. "But what he were right? What if there was a city under the sea? A city of nothing but pleasure and new life. What i wouldnt give for a place like that..." She says in a dreamy voice. "What about you soldier. Would you leave?" She says looking at Gilmord with a raised brow.