Wstfgl

Welcome To The Jungle [OPEN Mini-RP]

80 posts in this topic

Ingkells glanced at the steel door, noting its metal composition and features. 0.7 meter of stainless steel, heat-proof, blast-proof, digitally operated, could be remotely locked; perfect for keeping things out, or trapping them in.

Blue dragon scales surfaced on his skin, gleaming and diamond-like, as the dragon's gauntlet started to hum the telltale noise of sparks flying across its internal conductors. He gestured for Luke and Linda to take cover on both sides of the door frame, then swiped the card across the security pad while adopting a nonchalant posture. The screen's light turned from red to green as the heavy monolith opened inward.

"Excuse me sir," greeted Ingkells as his eyes slowly adjusted to the dark room within, "do you have a moment to talk about our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ?"

A light flicked on inside the room, but there was otherwise no response. Lying in the middle of the room was a large stone sarcophagus, elaborately engraved with myriad images of girls. Or angels, but messengers of the Lord tended to wear more clothes than that.

Now that the steel door had been opened, Luke heaved a sigh of relief. "It's alright, there doesn't seem to be any wards guarding the threshold. It should be safe to enter."

Ingkells gestured for the group to move in: Luke taking the left flank, Linda right while he covered the ceiling for any possible sign of hostility.

[ingkells would suggest checking the sarcophagus if nothing jumps us, with luck the strigoi is napping within and we can put an end to him.]

The group stormed in, surrounding the sarcophagus and training their weapons on it. Then, Luke stepped forwards, gingerly pushing the lid off the sarcophagus after scanning its rim for traps.

It was empty.

Then, they heard the sounds of clapping from one side of the room as a curtain at one end of the room slid open, revealing a tall, pale-looking man in an expensive suit; Luke's eyes widened in surprised as he realized the man was the one they'd been looking for.

"Congratulations, gentlemen. And ladies, no offense intended." Anton said with a genial smile, clapping his hands together. "You've passed the interview with flying colors."

"What?" Luke snarled, raising his gun.

"Oh, there's no need for that," Anton said disarmingly, motioning for him to put his gun down. "Even from where you come from, I'm sure you don't hold prospective employers at gunpoint, do you? I'm offering you a chance to work with me, friend."

Ingkells motioned for Luke to lower his gun, tapping his shoulder three times to alarm the fey to possible danger. There was no doubt about it: their group had just walked into a trap, and the trigger was undoubtedly a single utterance of "no" from anyone within the room or a bullet fired at the vampire. The Dragon still maintained his nonchalant posture, showing no sign of surprise or hesitation, eyes scanning the surrounding.

The longer we can keep it talking, the more time we will have to figure out what is this bloodsucker planning to accomplish.

"You have my curiosity, vamp. Do you think you can offer us more than Thulsson already did?" remarked Ingkells after a short pause.