rockzeppelin

451 (The Wolf Among Us Roleplay)

752 posts in this topic

She laughed then said "So you said something about dinner?" She asked, tilting her head and looking up at him. She couldn't eat anything outside of her little pocket worlds, but she didn't mind the idea of joining him. 

He nodded "Yeah, I was planning on having dinner. I was wondering, can you eat something if it's in a book?"

Wisp nodded a little and shrugged "Usually, it tastes a bit weird but I think I'm used to the taste by now" She laughed a little.

He smiled at her before getting up "Well, get in the book and we can go eat. I have a bunch of cook books, so you can choose one of them. Plus they have pictures. I think I have some cooking magazines too"

She transferred herself to the copy of 1984 again and waited on the cover for him to pick it, bouncing a little in excitement. Just because she couldn't remember her past, doesn't means she couldn't remember food.

He grabbed the book and walked out into a large living room that was joined with a kitchen slash dining room via a half wall. Once there, he put the 1984 book on the table and walked over to the fridge, grabbing some of the cookbooks and laying them down on the table "Alright, pick which one you want, I'll see what I can scrounge up for myself" He then turned back to the fridge and opened it, looking through. He grabbed some eggs, onion, salami and chilli peppers and began preparing an omelette. However he couldn't read her text and cook at the same time so he stopped, then grabbed an old transistor radio off of one of the counters and put it on the table as well "I don't know if you can inhabit this, but it would make it easier to talk" he said before turning back to his cooking.

She skipped through the books and paused when he pulled out the radio. She frowned when she saw no portal with it and text appeared on the cook book saying "Sorry, but that doesn't have text on it" She tried to explain in her limited way before rifling back through the cook books until she settled on one with Italian food and sat on the cover, eating a slice of pizza and waiting for him to come over.

He paused after a while and turned back to the books, reading her message "Well, I think it has a headphones plug, can't you use that to cross over into it?"

She tilted her head and raised an eyebrow at him, not seeing how headphones made any difference when her issue was that there was no text on the radio, aside from basic stuff like labels which didn't count apparently. 'Do you have an input translator? Or an mp3?' She asked through text.

He stopped cooking and ran back to his room, bringing back an old Nokia phone and set it down on the table "Try it"

She edged towards it, the portal was sorta shakey and it took her a moment but eventually she got through. Once she was inside it she appeared on the screen and her voice came out the speaker, albeit a bit static-y "How is this?" She asked verbally.

He chuckled "I feel like I'm being haunted" he said, taking the phone and putting it next to the counter while he resumed cooking. After everything was prepared he grabbed a pan and placed it on the stove, then grabbed some butter from the fridge and dropped it in, letting it melt before putting in the vegetables and using a spatula to stir them.

She watched him cook and almost drooled it looked so good. She leaned on her hand and sighed, though the only audible feedback that came from that was some static. She leaned back against the side of the screen and said "Wisp wisp wisp" over and over, liking the sound of it. Then she went ahead and said his name, "Yang yang yang, yangarang!" 

She paused then laughed and looked over at him "It's a nice name! It's like Yin and Yang!" She said before tilting her head "Hey, what's your fairytale anyways?" She asked, curious about that. If she didn't know hers she might as well learn his. 

He frowned a bit when she said 'Yin' but quickly smiled again, saying "It's not important. It's just the past anyways" 

"Oh, um ok" she went a little quiet before asking "So what do you do aside from running your store and all that?" She was a bit curious about that, wondering if maybe he'd take her out when she was in a book or something. 

"Not much" he shrugged "At most I occasionally go for a walk" he said, pouring the scrambled eggs into the pan.

She smiled "Do you think I could go on them with you sometime?" She asked excitedly. "I can't really walk around on my own but I love seeing different places and um..." She trailed off, not wanting to sound too insistent in case he didn't want to take her. 

He nodded, smiling "I don't mind. If that's what you want" after a few minutes he took the pan off the stove and poured the contents into a plate, which he moved to the table along with the phone. He grabbed a fork and sat down to eat.

About a week and a half after this initial encounter Wisp and Yang were getting along fairly well, they had even begun searching to a degree for her fairytale, or anything really that could give her some of her memory back. Though while Yang slept Wisp had taken to using his computer to travel to other computers in Fabletown, looking for anything that could help her find out why she was there or at the very least, who had put her there. Yang had already brought her to the pawn shop to see that maybe if someone had put her there to steal her stuff, they could've sold it to them. Sadly that didn't really help much, even the books she looked at there weren't familiar, though this had only encouraged her to look around further on the computers in Fabletown. On a morning after one of these expeditions she was asleep in a relatively new copy of a murder mystery novel that she had been reading recently. The novel was sitting on the shop counter near Yang who was sitting down and waiting, as business seemed to be fairly slow that morning. 

Out of boredom, he got up and put the phone down next to her book, then grabbed a broom, which was resting against the wall behind the counter and began sweeping. As he did, he asked "So, where do you think we should check next? I mean, we can try Town Hall but it might be risky if one of the witches there catch you. Or anyone else for that matter" He wanted to help return her memories to her as soon as possible, partly because he had many questions to ask her. He liked her and generally found himself always cheerful when he could talk with her. Despite that he wanted to know what kind of person she was, her interests and such beyond reading. And maybe, a way for her to be able to leave the books and come into the physical world.

The sound of his voice woke her up and she groggily pulled herself into the phone, yawning and laying down again she mumbled "Is there no one we could ask? And why can't the witches find out?" She asked before closing her eyes again. She did desperately want to understand why she was here, which was partially why she wondered why he was so cautious all the time. Wisp knew Fabletown wasn't exactly a modern day fairytale but she was just another Fable right?