rockzeppelin

451 (The Wolf Among Us Roleplay)

752 posts in this topic

"I've lived here long enough to see how little Town Hall does for anyone. If anyone wants things done right they need to do it themselves. That's why there's organised crime, racketeering, extortion, contraband, whoring, gang violence, you name it. A lot of business owners are already in debt, and not just them. I'm just lucky my shop earns me enough" he shrugged "Though, I'll admit, I do sometimes do transactions with the fables from the Animal Farm which gives me some extra money" he sighed "But I digress. Point is, even if we submit a request to Town Hall it'd be at least two centuries before they do anything"

"Right" She sighed and yawned again before asking "Do you have any home furnishing catalogs or anything? I could use a blanket" She rubbed her eyes and sat up, almost not noticing when the bell above the door to the shop rang a few seconds after. A rather tall figure known as Bigby Wolf had made his entrance and when Wisp saw him she immediately ducked into the novel again, mostly because new people scared the shit out of her and this guy was pretty big.

He looked up at the floor at the man. He wasn't pleased to have Fabletown's sheriff here, given what he and his new friend were up to, but then again a customer is a customer. He faked a wide smile, his eyes narrowed into slits, a usual face he'd make to almost everyone he'd meet, as he said "Ah, Sheriff Wolf. What can I do for you, today?"

"I'm here on official business today, got a call in on case about people finding their computers and even physical files looking like they got rummaged into. Then I got a call hearing about you walking around town with books and talking to them, as well as looking into some strange books at the pawn shop" He explained before walking in further "This isn't a threat or anything, I'd just like to know if you have anything to do with these break ins or if you know what it could be."

Without his expression wavering he said "Certainly not. I'm just a convenience shop owner, you know. I have no interest in other people's personal documents. Besides, surely I can't be that odd for carrying around a book and talking to myself while reading it, can I? After all, I find the characters in them far better company than most people I've had the pleasure of meeting for as long as I've lived here. I'm sure you, as the sheriff would agree, no?"

Bigby raised an eyebrow, not sure if he fully believed Mr. Quan. "Huh-uh, alright, so you don't known anything about these break ins? Not a clue who could even be doing it?" 

"There are plenty of criminals in this town, Mr. Wolf. For instance, you have the Tweedles. Though they don't seem bright enough to pull off something of that calibre. Then again, I don't really concern myself with Fabletown affairs beyond the ones which help make my rent and taxes" he replied, still smiling "Now is there anything I can do for you? Something to eat, or a carton of cigarettes, perhaps some alcohol or a magazine?"

Bigby sighed and dragged his hand down his face before looking around. "I'll take a pack of huff n puffs if you have any" He said as his eyes skimmed the store. The only thing that even marginally stood out was a book on the counter. He walked over and opened it up, looking at the summary briefly before saying "Never took you for a murder mystery romance type of guy" He said after putting it back down. 

He chuckled "Yes, well, I find it quite close to reality, while at the same time at a reasonable distance from it. Sometimes it feels like I'm just watching the world outside through my window when I read them" he said before going to the counter "You must be quite the masochist to like this brand. I've actually experimented with some of my products, so while I generally don't like smoking I still find these to be the worst. Then again, I suppose government work isn't exactly a worthwhile job. People either hate you or fear you, and you don't seem too well off financially because of it either. That's just me though, I suppose" he took out a carton of cigarettes and placed it on the counter "Five dollars. Will there be anything else?"

Bigby frowned then put the money down and grabbed the cigarettes "This is all I need, thanks" He shoved them into his pocket and said "If you do hear anything about what I asked about though, just give the station a call or something." He asked before heading for the door. 

His stone-carved expression was broken for a second as he frowned slightly "Would doing that change anything though?"

"It'd at least give me an idea where to look" He said, looking over his shoulder at him. "People don't feel safe around here to begin with, and while I'm doing my best to fix that there's the unavoidable fact that if even their documents are being looked through and we can't find who it is, then everyone is just that bit less safe" 

"A fish rots from the head, Mr. Wolf. After recent events you should know that. I just hope for everyone's sakes this fish still has a chance to not be thrown out" his smile then returned and he added "I'll make sure to call if I find out anything. Have a good day, sheriff"

"Yeah alright" He went out the door, closing it behind him. Once he was gone Wisp very tentatively appeared on the cover of the book and looked at Yang. She hadn't known she was leaving evidence behind when she was out searching, but now that she knew she was fairly certain she might just be burned for bothering Yang. 

Once Bigby was gone Yang let out a sigh, his face returning to normal as he grabbed the broom and began sweeping again "Wasn't that fun?" he mumbled, then turned to the book "You should be more careful from now on"

She looked at him guiltily and the text changed to "I'm sorry" She actually would've felt less worse if he yelled at her. Instead his quiet frustration just made her feel twenty times worse. 

He smiled somewhat "It's fine. I'm just worried of what'll happen to you if you're caught. Then again, I suppose you can just skip over to somewhere else and keep running. Still, I'd like to get to the bottom of this mystery, it's actually quite exciting, in a good way"

She smiled a little and nodded, the text changing to "Me too, I promise I'll be more careful from now on!" She pressed her hands against the divide between the book and herself. For a moment she wanted to try and push her way through, thinking she could be so much more useful in all of this if she could get out.

He nodded "Thanks. So, after I get off work, what would you like to do?" he asked. It would've been nicer if he could have a verbal conversation with her, but he wasn't going to force her in any way.

Wisp paused then pulled her hands away from the book cover and wrote "Maybe a walk or something" before she looked to the side and it changed to "I think I'll go upstairs for a bit if that's ok?"

"Sure. Just tell me when you want to go" he said, smiling and returning to his work.

She shifted between books until she was upstairs, once she was she began trying to push against the wall between her and the outside, pushing till she could feel any kind of give. This continued for a majority of the day as she had to briefly rest then push again. Each time she could feel just a bit more give, and when she finally felt a tear like a page being ripped apart she felt herself tumble to the floor of his bedroom with a loud thud, even as she swore and had the air knocked out of her.

Downstairs, Yang heard the thud and wondered what it could be. It was too early for someone to try to rob him and there weren't any rats there. He put the "Out to lunch" sign on the shop door and headed to the apartment. There, he saw a girl with pale skin on his bedroom floor. He paused for a moment before saying in surprise "Wisp?"

She was sitting up, rubbing her head and trying to see clearly. After a minute she heard Yangs voice and turned around to look at him, it took her a moment to process it before she realised that she was... not in a book? Quickly she got to her feet, a little dizzy still but smiling brightly as she looked around herself at the small bedroom. She grabbed the text she had come out of, a copy of a menu that Yang usually ordered take out from, though now its front cover was completely ripped to shreds. She set it back down then looked at him again, laughing and running over to him "Yang! Look!" She said excitedly doing a little spin.

He walked over to her, smiling "You got out! That's amazing!" he hugged her. Her skin felt odd, however, not necessarily in a bad way though. And she smelled like paper and ink, like a book, which made him happy "We should celebrate. I could make us something special, or we can order food, then sit down and watch a movie, or, I don't know, go out for dinner maybe? You know, have a proper welcome party for you"