PG-13 Ragtag Adventurers and the Temple of OUCH Discussion

19 posts in this topic

Long ago in the sacred mists,

Our Lady Diae with hamlike fists

Did rend the earth asunder.

We pay tribute to her divine blunder.

--Inscription on the main lintel of the Thirty-Fourth Temple of Diae

THE PLACE

We begin in the midsize and bustling town of Elros, a charming, if not somewhat mundane, locale packed to the gills with all the features one might expect as standard of such a town--bored sons of merchants, squabbling housewives, a mysterious and significant-seeming cat sitting in every third window. The thrust of the adventure, however, takes place in and around the Thirty-Fourth Temple of Diae. The temple is located at a convenient distance from the town, but not so convenient as to not qualify as an adventure. Being the thirty-fourth out of thirty-seven temples for Diae, it is not particularly important, and the crack over which it is located is generally regarded as a mistake by Diae. However, the surrounding woods and very swampy swamps hold their own particular charm.

THE OBJECTIVE

You received the following letter just a few days ago:

Dear __X__, I am writing to you because you have recently come to my attention as a being of spirit, courage, and having extra time on your hands. I believe you know of the Thirty-Fourth Temple of Diae. A rumor has recently come to my attention that an artifact of significant value and unknown may lie within its depths. Because I am a man of relatively substantial means and unreasonably little patience, I must obtain this artifact at once. I will provide for the majority of your supplies.Should you accept this quest, I can offer you an impressive amount of gold and enough liquor to drown a goat. You will recognize the artifact by its radiant paint job and general aura of mystery and oldness. Please reply in haste. Yours, Geraldo Bombersput.

TL;DR

Standard medieval/fantasy setting, retrieving kinda crappy artifact from kinda crappy temple because kinda rich guy is paying you to, swamps, adventure, fun times.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Just something I thought might be fun, plus I need to practice and get the RP-ing going again. Post if you're interested!

Open to all sorts of characters.

Yay!

This tone of this seems of great interest to me. By standard fantasy setting, is one to assume this also includes magic, non-human races, and various fictional creatures?

Ah, I'm glad! Seeing as I'm a bit rusty I didn't want to immediately jump into something emotionally fraught and full of tiny plot intricacies. And that assumption would be absolutely correct!

I'm not huge into Fantasy, but I do admit this sounds light hearted and fun. I might think about joining with Staf. Here's an old ass drawing of what he looks like. He's since gotten an update, but I am too lazy to upload it somewhere.

He used to have a story, but he's being redeveloped. He's a mercenary that doesn't like magic. Don't really know why.

I'll follow what the rest of you are saying to see if I can dedicate the time to this or not! :)

I wanted to make an AI character for this, so I was wondering if anyone wanted their character to own mine, since she's a robot. Just throwing the idea out there. If anyone is interested message me or respond here. 

- the profile for the character is in my thread in the character profiles area. 

http://www.surreality-rp.com/topic/133-blackzodiacs-role-play-characters/

I wanted to make an AI character for this, so I was wondering if anyone wanted their character to own mine, since she's a robot. Just throwing the idea out there. If anyone is interested message me or respond here. 

- the profile for the character is in my thread in the character profiles area. 

http://www.surreality-rp.com/topic/133-blackzodiacs-role-play-characters/

Oh I'm interested in this, though lately I've been neglecting my RP duties... 

But I'll post in this one! I'll make a profile soon...

Locked and loaded:

Name: Malus Locke

Appearance:

Lanky and sullen with dark hair and eyes, people often assume he is a necromancer (he could only dream of such magical profiency). He always looks sick and tired, his nose always red and irritated, and his mage's robes covered with patches where it has been repaired and scorch marks where it hasn't.

Personality:

Malus sighs a lot. Life is quite a challenge for him, and he faces it with unwavering pessimism. He's only really happy when using magic, although that conversely is the most difficult time for him. He has little passion or drive in life, coasting along always wondering why the gods conjured the cruel irony that is his existence. As such he goes along with what others say and is generally very agreeable and easily influenced (although he doesn't act it, and will complain constantly all the while).

Biography:

Malus was born into a family of mages, the youngest of his siblings. His brother and sister became well-regarded mages with successful careers, just as his parents had been. However he was born with the unique handicap of being allergic to magic.

At first his family thought he'd been struck by a curse, when he was constantly sneezing through childhood. Eventually an alchemist diagnosed his condition, though there was no treatments known of.

Still, Malus wanted to fit in with his family, and he did like magic, and so persisted with a career in magic despite his condition. He scored poorly all throughout Magic School and graduated at the bottom of his class (the bottom of all classes, actually, for while he failed he was granted graduation as an act of sympathy for his condition - making him the lowest-scoring student to ever actually graduate).

Malus' low scores though, and clear lack of suitability for magic, meant he could never get or hold a job long in any magic-related field. He refused to rely on his family and burden them though, and cast out on his own despite his dire straits. As such his adult life has been one of unemployed drifting, begging for money and putting on magic shows in small towns for whom magic was still rare enough to see that his modest attempts impressed them enough to earn him some meager pittance.

Focused mainly on surviving day-to-day at the moment, his only dream in life is to find some cure or treatment for himself. Of course, money is a key factor in that, and so he's always got eager eyes for get-rich-quick schemes.

Abilities:

- Allergy to magic. He sneezes and his eyes water when exposed to magic, sometimes he itches all over too. If the magic exposure is strong, he sneezes fire. The upside of the allergy is that it means he has a strong sense for magic - if there's anything magical nearby, he can find it by seeing where his allergy flares up the worst.

- Unpredictable spells. He knows many basic spells, like fireballs and such, however he's not very good at using them, especially because his allergy prevents concentration when evoking magic.

- Play dead. He looks thin and sickly enough that he can pass for a corpse quite easily.

- Magician. Malus is quite a good illusionist and magician, in terms of "fake" magic. Card tricks and sawing people in half sorts of "magic". He learned a lot of such tricks in order to try to cover for his lacking ability in REAL magic. Being a certified graduate Mage, people are likely to believe his tricks are real magic, so he can make some money without actually using real magic and causing his allergy to trigger.

Name: Amelia 03

(Artificial Mechanical Exploration and Logical Infiltration Android - batch: 03)

Age: Newly Made, this year - she is a robot so age doesn't really apply

Appearance: http://i738.photobuc...zps6158df6d.jpg

Race: AI Android

Personality: Very stiff, she is an android and will develop more of a personality as she is exposed to more of life. Her personality is strongly influenced by the situations she is put in and the people around her as well as her coding. Right now she does not understand sarcasm and will blatantly tell people they are wrong without any remorse. Her coding uses mostly references to famous literature to solve problems because these stories are programmed as history in her data bank. She has no sense of manners only right and wrong coding. Because Amelia 03  is Metus Timor's creation he is too afraid to ever fix her, so she may malfunction from time to time in comedic ways. 

Bio: Amelia 03 was created by Metus Timor. Being the robot of a man who is afraid of everything is quite stressful on the hardwiring. Despite his technophobia, he created Amelia 03 to be far superior to her predecessors that were junk piled by Metus's brother. She is a very advanced Exploration robot, which makes her perfect for this assignment. Amelia took it upon herself to register Metus for this trip because from her programming she had determined that Metus is an inferior human because of his phobias. After exploring her data banks of famous literature she concluded that when a person starts off with problems, they must go on an adventure to find themselves, and overcome these obstacles. This is a popular theme in most famous epics. Which brings them to where they are today.

Abilities:

- Language: She has the ability to speak any and all languages

- Sonar: She can scan the area within a one mile radius using sonar waves

- Heat Sensing: She can detect heat sources within a one mile radius

- Knowledge: Amelia is full of useful data about the known world 

- Mapping Software: She is capable of mapping out new areas automattically as she explores them this information is not only stored in her memory but also is sent to the factory in which she was made. 

Weapons: Amelia is equipped with 3 sizes of knives, two guns, a laser, flame thrower, and a mini chain saw. She also has 3 explosives which are for clearing out rock in tunnels.

***edited***

Name: Metus Timor

Appearence: He's a rather pale and white guy, severly underfed and looks like he could easily be pushed over by one hand. His clothes are old and dirty, often untidily arranged yet when he notices it, he always tidies himself. He wears a white shirt and blue shorts, with comfortable shoes underneath it. He has a pair of blue-grey eyes although you wouldn't see them, as he doesn't look into people's eyes. He has short, ginger hair which are kind of the same as his clothes, untidy until he notices it.

Personality: He's a rather weak little thing, he thinks of himself as being quite courageous although he does have a few phobias. He doesn't really know how to act around people so he's often a bit nervous. He also thinks of himself as pretty adventurous and willing to take risks, though again that is somewhat hindered by his phobias.

Bio: He was raised in a fairly normal family although his parents always wanted him to do more, to do better, wanted him to be better than his brother. Which in their eyes was a failure although he was an admiral in the navy. They encouraged him by putting him down when he made a mistake and he expects this might have something to do with some of the problems he faces today. One day, when he was trying to fix the creaking of his chair he accidentally created Amelia 03 (01 and 02 were created during a family dinner two years ago and destroyed the next day by his brother). He wanted to shut her down but his technophobia prevented him from touching her, because she is shaped as a pretty lady his venustraphobia (fear of beautiful women) actually prevents him from being near her. Yet at the same time he does not want to let her out of his sights, since she might just wreak chaos and since she quite literately has his name written on her (on a not-to-be-mentioned place). He now always keeps close to her while keeping his distance, following her into whatever she has gotten into her, including this excursion to the temple.

Abilities:

- Hide, he's not a very good fighter but he can hide like the best of them

- Plan, although he won't admit it, he's a fairly clever guy, he's more of the strategist.

- Heal, Although his Hemophobia (fear of blood) prevents him from doing some operations, he is a decent healer.

Weapons:

He caries one mid-sized dagger, which he holds trembling in two hands if trouble arises.

Short list of phobias:

Acarophobia- Fear of itching or of the insects that cause itching.
Acerophobia- Fear of sourness.
Achluophobia- Fear of darkness.
Acousticophobia- Fear of noise.
Acrophobia- Fear of heights.
Aerophobia- Fear of drafts
Aeroacrophobia- Fear of open high places.
Aeronausiphobia- Fear of vomiting.
Agateophobia- Fear of insanity.
Agliophobia- Fear of pain.
Agoraphobia- Fear of crowded places
Agrizoophobia- Fear of wild animals.
Agyrophobia- Fear of streets or crossing the street.
Aichmophobia- Fear of needles or pointed objects.
Ailurophobia- Fear of cats.
Albuminurophobia- Fear of kidney disease.
Alektorophobia- Fear of chickens.
Algophobia- Fear of pain.
Alliumphobia- Fear of garlic.
Allodoxaphobia- Fear of opinions.
Altophobia- Fear of heights.
Amathophobia- Fear of dust.
Amaxophobia- Fear of riding in a car.
Ambulophobia- Fear of walking.
Amnesiphobia- Fear of amnesia.
Amychophobia- Fear of scratches or being scratched.
Anablephobia- Fear of looking up.
Ancraophobia- Fear of wind.
Anginophobia- Fear of narrowness.
Angrophobia - Fear of anger
Ankylophobia- Fear of immobility of a joint.
Anthrophobia- Fear of flowers.
Anthropophobia- Fear of people or society.
Antlophobia- Fear of floods.
Anuptaphobia- Fear of staying single.
Apeirophobia- Fear of infinity.
Aphenphosmphobia- Fear of being touched.
Apiphobia- Fear of bees.
Apotemnophobia- Fear of persons with amputations.
Arachibutyrophobia- Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of the mouth.
Arachnephobia or Arachnophobia- Fear of spiders.
Arsonphobia- Fear of fire.
Asthenophobia- Fear of fainting
Astraphobia or Astrapophobia- Fear of thunder and lightning.
Astrophobia- Fear of stars or celestial space.
Asymmetriphobia- Fear of asymmetrical things.
Ataxiophobia- Fear of ataxia.
Ataxophobia- Fear of disorder or untidiness.
Atelophobia- Fear of imperfection.
Atephobia- Fear of ruin or ruins.
Athazagoraphobia- Fear of being forgotton
Atomosophobia- Fear of atomic explosions.
Atychiphobia- Fear of failure.
Aulophobia- Fear of flutes.
Aurophobia- Fear of gold.
Auroraphobia- Fear of Northern lights.
Autodysomophobia- Fear of one that has a vile odor.
Automatonophobia- Fear of anything that falsly represents a sentient being.
Automysophobia- Fear of being dirty.
Autophobia- Fear of being alone or of oneself.
Aviophobia or Aviatophobia- Fear of flying.
Bacillophobia- Fear of microbes.
Bacteriophobia- Fear of bacteria.
Ballistophobia- Fear of missiles or bullets.
Barophobia- Fear of gravity.
Basophobia - Fear of falling.
Bathmophobia- Fear of steep slopes.
Bathophobia- Fear of depth.
Batophobia- Fear of being close to high buildings.
Batrachophobia- Fear of amphibians
Belonephobia- Fear of pins and needles.
Bibliophobia- Fear of books.
Blennophobia- Fear of slime.
Bogyphobia- Fear of bogeys or the bogeyman.
Botanophobia- Fear of plants.
Bromidrosiphobia - Fear of body smells.
Cacophobia- Fear of ugliness.
Cainophobia - Fear of newness
Caligynephobia- Fear of beautiful women.
Cancerophobia - Fear of cancer.
Cardiophobia- Fear of the heart.
Carnophobia- Fear of meat.
Catagelophobia- Fear of being ridiculed.
Catapedaphobia- Fear of jumping from high and low places.
Catoptrophobia- Fear of mirrors.
Cenophobia - Fear of new things or ideas.
Cheimaphobia - Fear of cold.
Chemophobia- Fear of chemicals
Chionophobia- Fear of snow.
Chiraptophobia- Fear of being touched.
Chirophobia- Fear of hands.
Chiroptophobia- Fear of bats.
Chorophobia- Fear of dancing.
Chrometophobia - Fear of money.
Chronophobia- Fear of time.
Chronomentrophobia- Fear of clocks.
Claustrophobia- Fear of confined spaces.
Cleithrophobia - Fear of being locked in an enclosed place.
Cleptophobia- Fear of stealing.
Climacophobia- Fear of falling downstairs.
Clinophobia- Fear of going to bed.
Cnidophobia- Fear of stings.
Cometophobia- Fear of comets.
Coimetrophobia- Fear of cemeteries.
Consecotaleophobia- Fear of chopsticks.
Coulrophobia- Fear of clowns.
Cremnophobia- Fear of precipices.
Cryophobia- Fear of extreme cold, ice or frost.
Crystallophobia- Fear of crystals or glass.
Cyberphobia- Fear of computers
Cyclophobia- Fear of bicycles.
Cymophobia or Kymophobia- Fear of waves
Cynophobia- Fear of dogs.
Decidophobia- Fear of making decisions.
Deipnophobia- Fear of dinner conversations.
Dementophobia- Fear of insanity.
Demonophobia - Fear of demons.
Dendrophobia- Fear of trees.
Dentophobia- Fear of dentists.
Dermatophobia- Fear of skin lesions.
Dermatosiophobia - Fear of skin disease.
Dextrophobia- Fear of objects at the right side of the body.
Diabetophobia- Fear of diabetes.
Didaskaleinophobia- Fear of going to school.
Dikephobia- Fear of justice.
Dinophobia- Fear of dizziness or whirlpools.
Diplophobia- Fear of double vision.
Dipsophobia- Fear of drinking.
Dishabiliophobia- Fear of undressing in front of someone.
Disposophobia- Fear of throwing stuff out. Hoarding.
Doraphobia- Fear of fur or skins of animals.
Doxophobia- Fear of receiving praise.
Dromophobia- Fear of crossing streets.
Dysmorphophobia- Fear of deformity.
Dystychiphobia- Fear of accidents.
Ecclesiophobia- Fear of church.
Eisoptrophobia- Fear of seeing himself in a mirror.
Electrophobia- Fear of electricity.
Eleutherophobia- Fear of freedom.
Elurophobia- Fear of cats.
Emetophobia- Fear of vomiting.
Enetophobia- Fear of pins.
Enosiophobia - Fear of criticism.
Entomophobia- Fear of insects.
Eosophobia- Fear of dawn or daylight.
Ephebiphobia- Fear of teenagers.
Epistaxiophobia- Fear of nosebleeds.
Equinophobia- Fear of horses.
Ereuthrophobia- Fear of blushing.
Ergophobia- Fear of work.
Euphobia- Fear of hearing good news.
Erythrophobia - Fear of Red.
Febriphobia - Fear of fever.
Gamophobia- Fear of marriage.
Gelotophobia- Fear of being laughed at.
Geniophobia- Fear of chins.
Genuphobia- Fear of knees.
Gephyrophobia - Fear of crossing bridges.
Gerascophobia- Fear of growing old.
Gerontophobia- Fear of old people
Geumaphobia - Fear of taste.
Glossophobia- Fear of speaking in public
Graphophobia- Fear of writing or handwriting.
Hadephobia- Fear of hell.
Hagiophobia- Fear of saints or holy things.
Hamartophobia- Fear of sinning.
Harpaxophobia- Fear of being robbed.
Heliophobia- Fear of the sun.
Hellenologophobia- Fear of complex scientific terminology.
Helminthophobia- Fear of being infested with worms.
Hemophobia - Fear of blood.
Heresyphobia - Fear of radical deviation.
Herpetophobia- Fear of creepy, crawly things.
Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia- Fear of the number 666.
Hippophobia- Fear of horses.
Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia- Fear of long words.
Hobophobia- Fear of bums or beggars.
Hodophobia- Fear of road travel.
Hormephobia- Fear of shock.
Homichlophobia- Fear of fog.
Homilophobia- Fear of sermons.
Hoplophobia- Fear of firearms.
Hydrargyophobia- Fear of mercurial medicines.
Hydrophobia- Fear of water
Hydrophobophobia- Fear of rabies.
Hyelophobia or Hyalophobia- Fear of glass.
Hygrophobia- Fear of moisture.
Hylephobia- Fear of materialism.
Hylophobia- Fear of forests.
Hypengyophobia- Fear of responsibility.
Hypnophobia- Fear of being hypnotized.
Iatrophobia- Fear of going to the doctor
Ichthyophobia- Fear of fish.
Ideophobia- Fear of ideas.
Illyngophobia- Fear of vertigo
Iophobia- Fear of poison.
Isopterophobia- Fear of termites, insects that eat wood.
Kakorrhaphiophobia- Fear of failure or defeat.
Katagelophobia- Fear of ridicule.
Katsaridaphobia- Fear of cockroaches.
Kenophobia- Fear of voids or empty spaces.
Kleptophobia- Fear of stealing.
Koinoniphobia- Fear of rooms.
Kopophobia- Fear of fatigue.
Koniophobia- Fear of dust.
Kosmikophobia- Fear of cosmic phenomenon.
Kyphophobia- Fear of stooping.
Lachanophobia- Fear of vegetables.
Leprophobia - Fear of leprosy.
Leukophobia- Fear of the color white.
Levophobia- Fear of things to the left side of the body.
Ligyrophobia- Fear of loud noises.
Lilapsophobia- Fear of tornadoes
Limnophobia- Fear of lakes.
Linonophobia- Fear of string.
Liticaphobia- Fear of lawsuits.
Lockiophobia- Fear of childbirth.
Luiphobia- Fear of lues, syphillis.
Lutraphobia- Fear of otters.
Lygophobia- Fear of darkness.
Lyssophobia- Fear of becoming mad.
Macrophobia- Fear of long waits.
Mageirocophobia- Fear of cooking.
Mastigophobia- Fear of punishment.
Mechanophobia- Fear of machines.
Megalophobia- Fear of large things.
Melissophobia- Fear of bees.
Melanophobia- Fear of the color black.
Melophobia- Fear of music.
Meningitophobia- Fear of brain disease.
Merinthophobia- Fear of being bound or tied up.
Metallophobia- Fear of metal.
Metathesiophobia- Fear of changes.
Meteorophobia- Fear of meteors.
Methyphobia- Fear of alcohol.
Metrophobia- Fear of poetry.
Microphobia- Fear of small things.
Misophobia - Fear of being contaminated with germs.
Mnemophobia- Fear of memories.
Mottephobia- Fear of moths.
Musophobia - Fear of mice.
Mycophobia- Fear of mushrooms.
Myrmecophobia- Fear of ants.
Mythophobia- Fear of false statements.
Nebulaphobia- Fear of fog.
Necrophobia- Fear of death and dead things.
Nelophobia- Fear of glass.
Neopharmaphobia- Fear of new drugs.
Neophobia- Fear of anything new.
Nephophobia- Fear of clouds.
Noctiphobia- Fear of the night.
Nomatophobia- Fear of names.
Nosocomephobia- Fear of hospitals.
Nosophobia - Fear of becoming ill.
Nucleomituphobia- Fear of nuclear weapons.
Nyctohylophobia- Fear of dark wooded areas
Nyctophobia- Fear of the dark or of night.
Obesophobia- Fear of gaining weight.
Ochlophobia- Fear of crowds or mobs.
Ochophobia- Fear of vehicles.
Octophobia - Fear of the figure 8.
Odontophobia- Fear of teeth or dental surgery.
Odynophobia- Fear of pain.
Oenophobia- Fear of wines.
Olfactophobia- Fear of smells.
Ombrophobia- Fear of rain or
Ommetaphobia - Fear of eyes.
Omphalophobia- Fear of belly buttons.
Oneirophobia- Fear of dreams.
Ophidiophobia- Fear of snakes.
Ophthalmophobia- Fear of being stared at.
Ornithophobia- Fear of birds.
Ostraconophobia- Fear of shellfish.
Ouranophobia or Uranophobia- Fear of heaven.
Panthophobia- Fear of suffering and disease.
Papyrophobia- Fear of paper.
Paralipophobia- Fear of neglecting duty or responsibility.
Parasitophobia- Fear of parasites.
Paraskavedekatriaphobia- Fear of Friday the 13th.
Parthenophobia- Fear of young girls.
Pathophobia- Fear of disease.
Patroiophobia- Fear of heredity.
Peccatophobia- Fear of imaginary crimes.
Pediculophobia- Fear of lice.
Pediophobia- Fear of dolls.
Pedophobia- Fear of children.
Peladophobia- Fear of bald people.
Pellagrophobia- Fear of pellagra.
Peniaphobia- Fear of poverty.
Phagophobia- Fear of being eaten.
Phalacrophobia- Fear of becoming bald..
Pharmacophobia- Fear of taking medicine.
Phasmophobia- Fear of ghosts.
Phengophobia- Fear of daylight or sunshine.
Philemaphobia or Philematophobia- Fear of kissing.
Philophobia- Fear of falling in love
Philosophobia- Fear of philosophy.
Phobophobia- Fear of phobias.
Photoaugliaphobia- Fear of glaring lights.
Photophobia- Fear of light.
Phonophobia- Fear of his own voice
Phthisiophobia- Fear of tuberculosis.
Placophobia- Fear of tombstones.
Plutophobia- Fear of wealth.
Pneumatiphobia- Fear of spirits.
Pnigophobia - Fear of being smothered.
Pogonophobia- Fear of beards.
Poliosophobia- Fear of contracting poliomyelitis.
Politicophobia- Fear of politicians.
Poinephobia- Fear of punishment.
Porphyrophobia- Fear of the color purple.
Potamophobia- Fear of rivers or running water.
Potophobia- Fear of alcohol.
Pharmacophobia- Fear of drugs.
Prosophobia- Fear of progress.
Psellismophobia- Fear of stuttering.
Psychrophobia- Fear of cold.
Pteromerhanophobia- Fear of flying.
Pteronophobia- Fear of being tickled by feathers.
Pupaphobia - Fear of puppets.
Pyrophobia- Fear of fire.
Radiophobia- Fear of radiation
Ranidaphobia- Fear of frogs.
Rhytiphobia- Fear of getting wrinkles.
Samhainophobia: Fear of Halloween.
Scabiophobia- Fear of scabies.
Scelerophibia- Fear of burglars.
Sciophobia Sciaphobia- Fear of shadows.
Scoleciphobia- Fear of worms.
Scolionophobia- Fear of school.
Scotomaphobia- Fear of blindness in visual field.
Scotophobia- Fear of darkness.
Scriptophobia- Fear of writing in public.
Selachophobia- Fear of sharks.
Selaphobia- Fear of light flashes.
Selenophobia- Fear of the moon.
Seplophobia- Fear of decaying matter.
Sesquipedalophobia- Fear of long words.
Siderodromophobia- Fear of trains
Siderophobia- Fear of stars.
Sinistrophobia- Fear of left-handed people.)
Snakephobia- Fear of snakes. (Ophidiophobia)
Social Phobia- Fear of being evaluated negatively in social situations.
Somniphobia- Fear of sleep.
Soteriophobia - Fear of dependence on others.
Spacephobia- Fear of outer space.
Spectrophobia- Fear of specters or ghosts.
Spermatophobia or Spermophobia- Fear of germs.
Spheksophobia- Fear of wasps.
Staurophobia- Fear of crosses or the crucifix.
Stygiophobia or Stigiophobia- Fear of hell.
Suriphobia- Fear of mice.
Symbolophobia- Fear of symbolism.
Symmetrophobia- Fear of symmetry.
Syngenesophobia- Fear of relatives.
Tachophobia- Fear of speed.
Taeniophobia - Fear of tapeworms.
Taphephobia- Fear of being buried alive
Tapinophobia- Fear of being contagious.
Taurophobia- Fear of bulls.
Technophobia- Fear of technology.
Teleophobia- Fear of religious ceremony.
Teratophobia- Fear of deformed people.
Testophobia- Fear of taking tests.
Thalassophobia- Fear of the sea.
Thanatophobia or Thantophobia- Fear of death or dying.
Theatrophobia- Fear of theatres.
Theologicophobia- Fear of theology.
Theophobia- Fear of gods
Thermophobia- Fear of heat.
Tomophobia- Fear of surgical operations.
Topophobia- Stage fright.
Toxiphobia - Fear of being accidently poisoned.
Traumatophobia- Fear of injury.
Tremophobia- Fear of trembling.
Trichinophobia- Fear of trichinosis.
Triskaidekaphobia- Fear of the number 13.
Tropophobia- Fear of moving or making changes.
Trypanophobia- Fear of injections.
Tuberculophobia- Fear of tuberculosis.
Tyrannophobia- Fear of tyrants.
Vaccinophobia- Fear of vaccination.
Venustraphobia- Fear of beautiful women.
Verminophobia- Fear of germs.
Vestiphobia- Fear of clothing.
Wiccaphobia: Fear of witches and witchcraft.
Xanthophobia- Fear of the color yellow
Xenoglossophobia- Fear of foreign languages.
Xenophobia- Fear of strangers
Xerophobia- Fear of dryness.
Xylophobia- Fear of wooden objects.
Xyrophobia-Fear of razors.
Zelophobia- Fear of jealousy.
Zeusophobia- Fear of God or gods.
Zemmiphobia- Fear of the great mole rat.

Phobophobia- Fear of phobias.

Oh dear.

Also I spied some typos in that list, don't tell me you typed those out manually?

Oh dear.

Also I spied some typos in that list, don't tell me you typed those out manually?

Yes... yes I did....

Ok maybe I didn't. I might just have copied the phobia list which lingers somewhere on the internet and just removed whichever wouldn't work (like fear of everything, fear of men, fear of women and some others).

This is probably going to be one of the hardest characters to play I think... though I love the totally contradicting ones (like fear of objects to the left of the body and fear of objects to the right of the body)

How does he do anything with these:

Allodoxaphobia- Fear of opinions.

Ambulophobia- Fear of walking.

Glossophobia- Fear of speaking in public
Graphophobia- Fear of writing or handwriting.

Hodophobia- Fear of road travel.

Peccatophobia- Fear of imaginary crimes.

and these are all going to affect him with my character:

Automatonophobia- Fear of anything that falsly represents a sentient being.

Caligynephobia- Fear of beautiful women.

Hellenologophobia- Fear of complex scientific terminology.

Technophobia- Fear of technology.

Venustraphobia- Fear of beautiful women.

Xenoglossophobia- Fear of foreign languages.

this is going to be hilarious. 

Oh, I thought I removed the 'walking' one, and the road travel is hard to rp with too, so I'll remove those.

The imaginairy crimes one is like thinking of sinning and the opinion one is when anyone says 'I think we should...' or 'I like/dislike'.

Now I'll make sure that there are some degrees in his fears, he won't always totally freak out, only in rare cases like seeing 8 or 13. He'll just be very uncomfortable with having anything symmetric while anything asymmatric is just as uncomfortable.

XD what have I gotten myself into....

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0