Valentine

Diablo 3 - For consoles...?

6 posts in this topic

So, is anyone else interested in getting this for consoles? If you are, for xbox or ps3? Personally, i've got mine on pre-order for it's release next tuesday. Can't wait for this game (can you tell from my sig set/profile  :3), I think it's going to be incredible. Fixing all the wrongs of the not-so-popular PC version (thanks Auction House). If you're getting it for Xbox, you should add me as well, my GT: TheKiriyama

Also, if you're interested, which character might you play first? I'm leanings towards one of the more unusual classes, like Witch Doctor. That looks like fun.  :3

I don't think I'll be getting it on consoles because I've already got it on PC, and I can't see myself starting the grind anew. Is there going to be crossplay with the PC version?

No crossplay, unfortunately. But come on? No Auction House nonsense, direct controls, offline play, local and online co-op, adjusted loot so you're not having to farm for 2 years and only get your legendaries off the AH, etc. It looks really good man eh?

Hmm... I do like the sound of no Auction House. That really messed up the game in a fundamental way. But I still don't know how I feel about having to start another character to run through the game over and over and over again with.

I guess I'll consider it.

Plus paying full price for the privilege to do so. I know they've modified it greatly and thats great for console gamers but mostly just a slap in the face to PC gamers who dedicated time to it. 

Yeah, I somewhat feel for PC gamers on that one, but PC gamers are often so entitled in their attitude, along with the classic go-to comments about graphics, that its nice for a change that a company decided to bring something fresh for console gamers. I dunno, the update will come to PC eventually, and usually its the other way around and console gamers have to wait - eg, Minecraft, for one. 

But y'know, sometimes Blizzard smiles on you and other times they leave a bono in your glove box.

I do hope some people get it though, cus I am, and I know a bunch of my friends are getting it - I want you to get it Martin, dag-nabbit. It would be so freakin' amazing to play that co-op, taking down the spawn of Diablo together. *Troy and Abed handshake*