Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Yajuu_Kikuishi

The Demon Horde OOC (Open to all!)

21 posts in this topic

This here RP is open to any and all who are interested!

The Story So Far...

For the last 3000 years, Demons have been invading earth in an attempt to take control and reign supreme. In all of this time, they have never been successful and this is down to an organisation known as The Order of the Divine. The Order of the Divine is made up of humans, known as Divines, who have the ability to channel magic; a universal energy that is wildly effective at slaying Demons. They have been protecting Earth for all this time, but as the strength of the Demons increased, the Divines have been slowly dwindling in numbers.

20 years ago, the one particular Demon orchestrated an attack so devastating that The Order was reduced to a mere handful; it only took the Demons 4 years to take full control of the planet. Now, there are only three Divines left alive: Michael, Gabriel, and Lisa. As the last surviving members, they went into hiding and bided their time until the oppurtune moment arrived. Their original plan was to locate more magically attuned humans and induct them into The Order. However, they soon found that the Demons had already hunted down and killed many of them. So they came up with a different plan, a more modern one.

Professor Jacob Carnak is a brilliant scientist and inventor that works every day of his life to find a way to destroy the Demons for good and take the Earth back into human hands. He has managed to develop weapons of immense strength, and trained users capable of wielding these weapons, but he still couldn't find anything to kill the stronger Demons. Then he came across The Order, or rather they tracked him down. Using the Divines' knowledge and power, Professor Carnak invented a magically enhanced machine that allowed him to amalgamate magic and technology; two previously incompatible existences. Using this new machine, he created weapons he called 'Magitech', strong enough to kill any Demons they came across.

The Divines and Professor Carnak trained new people, new warriors, to wield the Magitech and take the fight to the Demons; they became known as Diviniters.

This is where we all come in. We will be newly trained Diviniters who can wield the Magitech and have been charged with the duty to slay the Demons and take back the earth! A few definitions below, so read on!

Magitech - Weapons created by Professor Carnak to combat the Demons. They are a mixture of magic and technology and can be of any size, shape, form, function and anything else; it is entirely up to you!

Professor Jacob Carnak - Jacob is the Q (you know, from James Bond) of this RP. His job will be creating and maintaining the Magitech as well as inventing cool, smaller gadgets for anyone to use.

The Divines - Michael, Gabriel, and Lisa are the sole users of Magic left alive in the world. They will act as mentors to the Diviniters and train them in one-on-one combat, teamwork, and anything else that comes up that isn't technology based.

World State - The world was as it was today before the Demons took over. Think apocalyptic and hell-like; Demons aren't as civilised as Humans after all. Official governments no longer exist, although small pockets may still exist. The main militaries of the world were destroyed during the Demons campaign, but of course, remnants are sure to still be in hiding.

The Demons - Ruled by a stone cold badass known as Sarketh, the Demons are like organised barbarians. They are ranked in strength from 1st Ring to 7th Ring, 1st being the weakest, 7th being the strongest. Only 2 of the 7th Ring are known to exist.

1st Ring - These are the low level thugs of the Demons. They can be taken out by standard human weapons if they are hit enough times. They are the least powerful and least threatening and make up for that by attacking with sheer numbers.

2nd Ring - These are slightly tougher and can withstand most levels of small arms fire. They are generally only injured by heavy machine gun like the .50 cal.

3rd Ring - Tougher still, these guys are completely impervious to small arms fire and pretty resistant to larger calibers. These Demons are best taken care off with explosives or tank/artillery shells.

4th Ring - Normal Humans can't do much against these monsters. When they were still available, airborne missiles were the best bet against them.

5th Ring - The bigger ICBM was the only way to take down one of these bad boys. With none of these available anymore, Human's run in the presence of these Demons.

6th Ring - A nuclear attack was theorized to have been able to kill a Demon of this level but it was never achieved. No other weapon was effective.

7th Ring - Pretty much immortal and invincible as far as the Humans are concerned. Most people give up merely at the sight of one of them. So far, only two confirmed 7th Ringers exist on Earth.

Any queries, questions, or anything, give us a shout and I'll do my best to answer them!

Yeah a character sheet sounds like a good idea. Only basic info required, I'd say, just we know who is who and whatnot.

NAME: Summers "Star" Katsuo

MAGITECH: A heavy, larger sized six-shot revolver. It has a dark grey exterior with light-blue exterior lights. It does not use actual bullets, but instead is fed by spellbound bullets crafted by the wielder's own willpower to create the bullets (i.e. elemental effects and whatnot).

APPEARANCE:  She is quarter Japanese, quarter Korean and half American (mainly Irish and German). She is 26 years old and stands at 5'7" tall, and slender yet strong. She prefers to wear her long wavy black down, though in combat/on missions she will pull it back into a pony-tail. Her left hand remains almost always wrapped to conceal  a scar on the back of her hand. she wears a brown coat the reaches her knees, a sleeveless shirt and blue jeans. She also wears heavy black combat boots and her holster belt on her waist. She also has a black and red messenger bag with her from her courier days.

BACKGROUND: Before being "chosen," Summers worked as courier. She would get payed to take packages across the land. If the money was good she would take anything to anywhere, as long as the pay was right. Her parents were killed while she was a teen, and she managed to make a living as a Courier. It's dangerous, and it's not glorious, but it pays for her meals.

SKILLS (misc.): Among being skilled at survival due to being a Courier, she also is well versed in martial arts and self defense. Her specific form of martial arts allows her to be light on her feet and agile in a fight. Among her other skills is basic cooking, well versed in hiding and staying hidden and she can whistle.

---------------------------

There she is. Maybe I'll add some touching up later, but that hits all my basic points at least. The links are to images to give a little visual aid as to how things look in my head!

Say hello to my first creation. I've come up with another cool character so you'll see them soonish.

Name: Lucas Berendale

Physical Appearance: Lucas is of average height and weight with defined muscles that speak of years of physical training. He has shimmering green eyes and very dark blonde hair. Lucas shaves the left side of his head and the rest of his hair he pulls to the right where it hangs to his shoulder. The hair below the chin he ties into small braids fastened by small metal spheres at the base to weight it down.

Attire: Lucas likes to wear black combat boots with black cargo trouser tucked into them. He then wears a grey vest under a blue parka coat lined with sheep’s skin. His Magitech hang either side of his thighs; held there by a special leather harness fastened around waist

Magitech: A pair of augmented Tonfa he calls his Beam Batons. Writhe with magical energy at their cores, the Tonfa give off small energy shockwaves upon the tips striking a surface. They also have a long range, penetrating mode, controlled by levers within reach of Lucas’ fingers when using the weapons. The long range mode works much the same as close range, except that when the tips strike a surface, a beam of light cuts through anything in its pointed path.

Brief History: At age 3, Lucas was discovered and taken in by the Divines. He has been training to be a Diviniter nearly all his life. Carnak became like an Uncle to him and the two get on really well.

Other: Doesn’t really like sticking to the rules.

My post is more than halfway done! Sorry I relaxed for a bit after work today and ended up falling asleep for 4 hours. Anyways it's gonna be up in an hour or two! 

Name: Sasha Brown

Physical Appearance: Sasha is an inch or so under six feet tall and is completely skin and bones--not to say she's unhealthy, just skinny. She usually just wears a sports bra because of her magitech but in colder climates she'll wear shirts and whatnot--but her magitech shreds the back to pieces. She usually just wears yoga pants and always has on a different pair of bright and colorful sneakers--an interesting contrast to her black yoga pants and sports bra. Her black hair is twisted into braids that she keeps in a pony tail and big eyes are a deep soulful golden brown.  

Magitech: Modeled after a scorpion, her magic tech was surgically implanted into her spinal cord for autonomous nervous system control and also into her collar bone, pelvis, and hip bone for support. Nine appendages protrude from under her skin. Her spine protrudes greatly due to the apparatus attached to it. the top two that come out closest to her shoulders are the thickest and strongest and open in three prongs. Her ninth and most out of place appendage is her "stinger" and the tip glows red hot for piercing demons quickly, it strikes quickly--often times she can't even follow it with her own eyes. It has a very limited supply of an anti-demon-poison. 

Brief History: Sasha exceeded at any sports that involved running. From an early age she could outpace just about anybody. That was until she was stricken with a rare disease that breaks down all motor function below her waist. Sasha is a paraplegic. A Divine found her and could sense the potential of power emanating from her body.  When he asked her what she would do for the ability to walk freely again, she said "anything". She hasn't looked back since with even a single regret. Professor Caranak has mentioned multiple times that once the demons are gone he implement a similar magitech for her legs and she'd have complete control over them again.  

Other: While the disease effects her legs it also takes a heavy toll on the rest of her body. The more she pushes her limits the more she slowly loses controls of her arms and neck temporarily. Her legs are her only permanent disability. She also enjoys pushing the limits of people patience. 

Name: Jace Christenson

Physical Appearance: Jace has unkempt black hair. His bangs cover his face and the rest of it is equally unruly. He wears black cargo pants around black lightweight combat boots. He wears a black t-shirt under his dark green combat vest. His combat vest consists of a patchwork of stitching called M.O.L.E. (pronounced molly). Laced through is 2 pouches carrying a total of 4 extra magazines for his magitech and then two quick release pouches that each have a different vile of a specially crafted potion courteousy of Professor Caranak. On his belt he has a drop down holster that puts six more magazines for his rifle on his left leg and also a pistol on his right leg. On his belt he has six "grenades"--smoke and explosive, magically special of course. Also on his belt, on the left side, is another four magazines for his pistol. 

Vest

Spoiler

OETmollevstblkA.jpg

Belt/Holsters

Spoiler

a7Nz4.jpg

The images are just because the terminology is hard to describe. 

Magitech: His bullets are his magitech. They are modified to be completely resistant to any form of demonic magic and the metal the bullets are crafted with cause a severe explosive reaction upon contact with demon flesh--the rounds do as much damage as if they were fired from a .50 cal or in some cases more heavier weaponry. The stronger the demon the more violent the reaction. Still, he is at a serious disadvantage when fighting stronger demons. It takes him multiple magazines to take down a powerful magazine. Thus he utilizes the many potions and grenades Professor Caranak lends him. Due to this he has to fight from the shadows.

Brief History: Special forces in the military he was there when it all started. His team tried and failed miserably at bringing down the demons. Out of all their encounters not one was a success. Every time they moved in they took heavy losses. When society for the most part collapsed and it was just him and his team left to fend for themselves they tried to live in an abandoned suburb. The demons discovered them and eradicated his team. He would have died as well had Michael not appeared and eliminated the remaining demons. Impressed my Jace's tactical abilities he brought him on board. That was almost six years ago. 

Other: He works hand in hand with Sasha a majority of the time. She draws them out and he provides support from a distance. They are a powerful team and at this point can practically finish each others sentences. 

How dare I?! 

EDIT: (Look see I do know how to edit :P) 

Does anyone have any issues with how I opened that? Wasn't sure exactly so I just figured an opening fight scene would be pretty boss! 

Ahh, triple post, my eyes burn!

Anywho, I've added the classification of Demon's into the initial post. So you know what AF is talking about in regards to 'Twos' and 'Fours' and any other numbers that might come up in regards to the Demons.

My second character, guys and gals:

Name: Byrant Costerhill

Physical Appearance: Ignoring the scars that run down his face, chest, and back; and the fact he is missing his left arm below the elbow, his right arm at the shoulder, and both his legs above the knee, Byrant is a handsome man. He has pitch black hair that looks like silk, long enough to hang to his chin, and eyes near silver in blue. His missing limbs have been replaced by metallic looking Magitech prosthetics.

Attire: Byrant wears a purple shirt open at the collar, and blue denim jeans fastened at the waist with a brown leather belt. His footwear of choice are desert coloured hiking boots. Underneath his shirt, he wears a high-tech armour piece that is a couple of millimetres thick and protects his chest; it is black in colour with a grey lined pattern running up its length.

Magitech: Byrant’s Magitech are the technological implants and advanced prosthetics Carnak installed. Installed with various weapons powered by the Divines’ magic, it makes Byrant a force to be reckoned with against Demons.

History: When the Demons won, Lucas immediately sought out the resistance and was recruited by Professor Carnak to serve in his special unit that deployed with his specially built weapons. Due to his age at the time but inspired by his fervour to help, Carnak employed him as a scout. He served as that for two years before being allowed to go into combat. Byrant became well known and impressive as a demon slayer, taking Carnak’s weapons as far as they would go. However, due to the technological failure against the stronger Demons, Byrant finally fell, being mutilated and left for dead.

Carnak’s team managed to recover what was left at him and Carnak placed him in life support, envisioning him staying there until they had won back the world. When the Divines and Carnak joined forces, Carnak began work on a Magitech that would bring Byrant back from near-death and allow him to slay Demons to his heart's content.

Other: Some of the Magitech Carnak installed was a life support system and that is what is continually powered by the Divine’s magic. As such, Byrant needs Magitech Energy Cells (MECs) in order to use his weapons and prosthetics. If he runs out, his Magitech will freeze and lock, stopping his movement. Only a limited amount of the MECs can be made at one time as they take a large amount of pure magic to function.

Nice character! 

Reminds me a lot of genos from One Punch Man. At least that's what I'm picturing in my head anyways. 

Due to commitments to our other RP (These Bloody Streets: Requiem for Allies) I will be putting this RP on Hiatus until we are all done with that.

If anyone still wishes to join at a later date, make a mention of it here and I'd be happy to boot it back up.

Ta ta for now.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0