Bleck

Cookie Shenanigans [Mafia III]

123 posts in this topic

Are you being a big baddie again just like last time? did you eat the cookies, hmm? well? Did you? DID YOU? DID YOU EAT THE COOKIES BLACKFROST? TELL US! DID. YOU. EAT. THE. COOKIES!?????? D:

Yes I did because they were mine. Except today someone stole my cookie.

I'm going to vote Blackfrost and tie it then because I still believe it's better to hold fire on the first day.

I think refraining from voting only gives the Mafia a chance to weed us out. We should get out our pitchforks and form a mob! *rabblerabblerabble* I'm going to open the floor to the first vote (I think), i'll vote on DayDreamer because he's encouraging us to either abstain from voting or tie the vote altogether.

As the previous killer I'd like to point out that tying votes didn't really benefit you guys at all. Day ain't the killer if he's trying to stop a death. Or is that just what he wants you to think? Perhaps he just wants the innocents to waste a turn.

Lets go down a different method of thinking. Why dont people try to convince each other that they are valuable and/or trustworthy instead of pointing fingers at others. We need to get the lines of communication going or we will never have any leads.

I think I'm pretty valuable since ive played a few games now. My advice id normally quite useful and even when I was a killer I offered useful insight when it suited me. Granted I did so to gain false trust and shift suspicion towards others but that was the role I was playing.

Odds are also against me being a mafioso twice in a row. However there are interesting new roles to consider as well and I don't think its wise to boot an insightful player especially when they could potentially have a hidden talent or role.

I also think the same of daydreamer. He was a valuable player and when he was axed last round he left the innocents with a big pair of shoes to fill.

In this round he could be mafioso but the same could be said for any of us and at the moment I can at least say daydreamer is a good player to have on your side. Hes not worth losing in the first round.

I don't think we necessarily need to not vote for someone, but I do agree that when you have little to go off of, you're most likely to lynch an innocent. THAT BEING SAID. I vote for Valentine. 

Hmm interesting line of thought Blackfrost, but kind of... difficult I guess.

Everybody will have something to say about themselves being awesome, and it might just be that that most helpful person is the mafia just to not get blamed him/herself.

And this way the most quiet or the new players will get killed first, I don't want to go down that lane. We need more players, we aren't going to get that if we kill of every new player.

And whatever happened last round or what role you played isn't influential of this round, so what we'll get by your method is just 'hey I'm awesome because I am smart and I was innocent last round.'

But I guess it's more than nothing...

And somehow the not-voting thing just doen't feel like how the game should be played.

Anyway, although I didn't make myself loved last round, I WAS right about the whole doctor/Sunset thing... Therefore I'm totally awesome...

I'll refrain from voting for now, until I hear more people. I will vote if I'm convinced before the end of the round though.

You dont have to agree DG. The whole point is to open discussion and make decisive moves based on what comes of it. Of course everyone will promote their usefulness but when people start talking and they are lying then eventually we find our mafioso. Getting the chit chat going may lead to nothing but its better than sitting in silence and gaining nothing valuable.

For now, my vote stands. Everyone has had things to say, but whatever you might want to argue, Day started with a reluctance to vote, and while you might argue that there is much to lose in guessing wrong as there is in getting our first Mafioso out of the way, I think an outright reluctance to vote denotes a degree of suspicion. Ultimately, not voting and allowing nothing to happen, allows the Mafia to make the first move, which I think is a bad strategy either way.

I guess random chatting is good indeed, gives a bit of a feel for the players.

After GMing two games I have to agree with Valentine and Kyo that tying the votes on the first day doesn't really help. However, I feel that Valentine is way too eager in getting Day out of the way. In the previous two games Day has been a pretty important member of the Innocents, so I feel it would be a waste to get rid of him immediately when we have no evidence whatsoever that he might be one of the Mafia.

I  vote for Valentine.

And they say the cute ones die young.....or is it the good ones? Whatever.

I'm refraining from voting until I hear more of everyone's input. But here's a thought to consider: For every finger you point at someone, there's three pointing back at you. 

After GMing two games I have to agree with Valentine and Kyo that tying the votes on the first day doesn't really help. However, I feel that Valentine is way too eager in getting Day out of the way. In the previous two games Day has been a pretty important member of the Innocents, so I feel it would be a waste to get rid of him immediately when we have no evidence whatsoever that he might be one of the Mafia.

I  vote for Valentine.

What I find most interesting is that you think that the odds of DayDreamer being an innocent for three games in a row is likely, and that I could have any foreknowledge of what DayDreamer is besides my suspicion that he's a Mafioso, when its been said multiple times before, that we have no evidence or way of knowing. Fascinating that you would point the finger at me then, unless, you and DayDreamer are both Mafioso, are aware of one another, and have suddenly seen an opportunity to stop me from removing one of you from the game. Something to think about folks.

Assuming I'm counting the votes right, it looks like Valentine has been chosen for punishment!

"No, you fools!" he cried as he was lead away into the Punishment Room. "I'm a Snooper! You need me! Noooooo..."

It turns out that Valentine was the Snooper. Once per night, he could have investigated the identity of another player, but it's gonna be hard for him to do that from the confines of the Punishment Room. Good thing you all had that installed in the house when you bought it, huh?

As Valentine's anguished sobs fade away, dusk rolls in and everyone goes to bed. But some suspicious things begin to happen in the shadows...

---

Night Phase 1 begins! All players with roles, send me your actions via PM. 

Day Phase 2 will begin when all players have send me their night actions, or at 3PM tomorrow.

Well that escalated quickly. That's why I maintain my position it was best not to kill anyone on the first day, which is the same position I've had since the first game. Too much risk of killing someone beneficial to us randomly. If we'd killed nobody, then Val would've had a chance to pick randomly who to investigate - he had just as much chance of finding the culprit as we did, only in his case it wouldn't have thinned our numbers in doing so.

Whoa, that ended before I expected it to...

Guess we took a blow guy.

Now to wait and see who else dies tonight... D:

A sunny new day rolls lazily into the sky. You stumble into the kitchen for your morning cookie, but are saddened to realize that last night's deliberations prevented anyone from making any more.

You are very sad. 

You decide to go and admonish Valentine in the Punishment Room to make yourself feel better - but you're aghast to discover that Valentine has been killed!

Holy crap, dude!

You rush to the nearest room to find some help, only to discover that Blackfrost has been killed too!

Aaaa!

It turns out Blackfrost was the Body Blocker. Once per night, he may have chosen to protect one person from a night action, regardless of what that action may be. However, the action meant for that player will subsequently have affected him in whatever way.

---

You've gathered up the bodies in the bloody mess that was once the Punishment Room. Everyone has gathered into the living room for further deliberations - not only for a cookie investigation, but now murder as well.

---

Day Phase 2 begins! I'm gonna add in two things starting now - first, I'd appreciate it the name of the person you were voting for was entered in bolded, red text. This will make it a lot easier to count the votes.

Second, the innocents have been dealt a pretty severe blow, here, so I'm gonna be nice and give them a single time extension - once during the game, the players can vote to extend a Day Phase by an extra twenty-four hours.

That being said, Day Phase 2 will end at 3pm on Saturday the 21st.

Hmm... considering Bleck didn't mention how many special roles are in this game, I feel we shouldn't be too worried about that. I am guessing that there are a lot of special roles this game, or we are ultra unlucky to have lost two special roles in the first two votes (admittedly I am partially responsible for one of them. Teehee.)

In all seriousness though, who would want to kill Blackfrost? :( Or maybe someone else was the target and Blackfrost died because he protected him/her?

Wait, was that his role, to die when someone else would?

I thought he was just a doctor-like role.

But what if there are more special roles?

If more than half the people have special roles it would be kind of easy...

If we just asked everyone to name what they are and nobody names the same role twice, we would have to look at the non-special role people.

If someone mentioned the same role, then we would kill those two (starting with the second person, since roles have a special name in this game)...

This would be an instant win if there were ONLY special roles...........

It specifies he can protect someone from any action, but he will suffer the effects of the action he protected them from. So indeed it's possible he protected the true target of the mafia and he wasn't meant to die, so it becomes kinda hard to discover anything from his death when we're not sure he was the intended target.

And if there are many special roles and everyone says theirs, people could just make roles up and we'd have no way of knowing who is genuine except to wait and see who can actually demonstrate their abilities to prove it.