Bleck

Cookie Shenanigans [Mafia III]

123 posts in this topic

Suspicious? The past two games I've done nothing but vote out important players. The odds are against the innocents to choose someone randomly. If abstaining from voting means nobody has to die, I'm all for that and I don't know what's suspicious about it. 

And it looks like the day's ended with a tie, which means nobody is punished today! How very benevolent of everybody.

As the day ends, everyone goes back to bed, somewhat anxious about what might happen to them in the night.

---

Night Phase 2 begins. Day Phase 3 will begin once I've received all night actions, or at noon tomorrow.

Save that for the morning, because there's a very high chance Asura will die tonight now that he's exposed his role.

Yeah, guess a doctor-type kind of character should protect Asura...

Then again, now I've said that, maybe the mafia WON'T target Asura...

But then again, now I've said THAT.......

If I die, Bury me with my cookies.

And they'd better be Vengance-flavored cookies!

Till then...  'Ere we go!

*I'm watchin you, Seanzilla* =P

Upon waking up, a quick head count reveals that somebody is missing!

After a brief, panicky search, you're saddened to discover the body of Asura, stabbed so many times that he's more holes than corpse. It turns out that he was the Persister; one time during the game, he was able to vote twice during a day. This could have been two votes for a single person, or two votes for separate people.

...but wait. Upon closer inspection, it seems as though his nightly glass of warm milk had also been poisoned.

What could this mean?

---

Day Phase 3 begins. Once again, votes in bolded red text, if it please ye.

Day Phase 3 will end once a consensus is reached, or at 3PM on Monday the 23rd.

Okay, my theory is that other than the Mafia someone else is able to kill players, whether (s)he is able to do this once per night or once per game, I have no idea... But lther than that I can't think of a reason for their to have been two attempts on Asura's life.

Well Asura DID pretty much show herself as being a special character, so I guess that would be a primairy reason...

My question is, did the mafia try to poison Asura, or did he stab him? Whoever is not the mafia but had the ability to kill someone, is that a once-per-game ability? I assume they're not in cahoots with the mafia, because why waste a night action. Also yeah, obviously Asura isn't the mafia, so whoever is would have a hard time convincing everyone to lynch him. Anyways, that's all I have goin' on in my brain right now.

I vote for ack!

(sorry ack :( )

Yeah I also don't get it, why use your one-time only ability to kill someone who has shown themselves to not be mafia?

And I guess I'll stick to my guts since it got me so much love last time... I vote Ack!

I'm still not convinced ack! is the mafia, but I have no idea who it could be. Rather than try and tie it and waste a day phase, I'll have to watch ack! go :(

I don't suppose the two attempts to kill Asura means that there are two mafia who each tried to kill him? It seems unlikely since only one person at a time has died until now and if they could kill two people each night this would be over really fast. Perhaps this time the two mafia are not aware of who each other are, and perhaps one has abilities other than killing, and can only kill once per game, and since they're not in communication they both happened to pick the same person?

I think it's a waste to vote for ack, and that the mafia is likely among those who are voting for her, because I don't see any real cause to jump on the bandwagon of killing her so fast, unless those voting are mafia and are glad to get someone other than themselves killed.

More thought should be devoted to puzzling out the meaning of two attempts to kill the same person in one night. Asura was always the obvious death (and the fact he died is likely proof we've no more roles who can save people), but the way in which he has died actually leaves us some degree of clue that may help.

I think that someone suspected that Asura was a mafia with a special ability and decided to kill him in an attempt to get rid of the mafia. We have no guarantee that the mafia don't have any abilities, so assuming that one of the Innocents tried to kill Asura, (s)he probably belived that him saving DG was an elaborate plan to cast off all suspicions. If we have more than one mafia, I don't think they would be able to kill independantly. Even if one of them has to power to kill someone other than the one they decided on, why eould they waste it on someone who was going to die anyway?

Exactly. The alternative you suggest sounds more likely, there's a sort of vigilante innocent who can kill someone rather than rely on voting for them to die.

But then it seems to me they were too eager to kill Asura. Evidently they were wrong in thinking he was mafia, and waiting one day would've given them some degree of proof. If he had not died, it would then be a likely conclusion that he was guilty. I imagine it must be someone who thought they might die instead of Asura last night, and so they wanted to use their power before it was too late. Alternatively it could be ack, and she wanted to use her power before everyone lynched her today as we seem to be doing.

The people likely to die today, going by yesterday's votes, would be ack or DG. If the vigilante was really desperate to use his power (instead of making a wrong move due to impatience), I'd guess that he'd be one of these two.

Well seeing as I still have time to vote, I'm voting Nikkia because... Come on bro. :/

DO I LOOK LIKE SOMEBODY IN THE MAFIA?!? >U

The surviving contestants are:

ack!

Amberina

DayDreamer

DragonGuard

Nikkia

Seanzilla

I really have no clue who coud've been the one to kill Asura. However for the duration of this game Amberina has been really quiet, so I have no idea what to think of her. My vote won't tie it, but at least y'all know what's on my mind.

Welp, looks like ack is today's lucky loser.

She's lead away slowly to the Punishment Room, because she can't be roughed with in her old age - ack is the Kindly Ol' Grandma, after all. Once per game, during a night phase, she may have chosen to secretly bake a fresh batch of cookies. This will have made the night phase end immediately, preventing any other players from using their night actions.

I mean, look at her. How could you guys think she was a cookie thief? You bunch of baboons.

---

Day Phase 3 over! Night Phase 3 starts now, Day Phase 4 will begin after I've gotten all nightly PMs or at 3pm tomorrow.