Bleck

Cookie Shenanigans [Mafia III]

123 posts in this topic

I almost feel like I should apologize.... again...

1 person likes this

Quiet, you. you're dead.

:P

*Valentine's ghost lingers a moment*

Y'all duuuun aaaand fuuuuucked uuuuuuuuup!!! *scary ghost hands*

*goes to the light*

Seanzilla suddenly awakes in his room, after hearing a noise. He looks at the end of his bed to see two grinning faces staring him down.

"No... that's impossible! It can't have been you two!"

The faces give each other perplexed looks.

"Really? We thought it was kind of obvious."

Seanzilla wets himself in fear, knowing what fate awaits him, because he is a Cowardly Little Babyman.

And then Seanzilla was murdered or whatever.

---

The next day, you wake up to find that Nikkia and DayDreamer are already waiting for you in the living room.

"It looks like there's only the four of us left," says Nikkia. DayDreamer nods.

"Because this is a democracy, the two of us are going to tie off any votes you two make," says Nikkia. DayDreamer nods.

"And then in the middle of the night, we'll probably murder you guys to keep all of the cookies for ourselves," says Nikkia. DayDreamer nods, his eyes fixated on two entirely different points.

They then burst into murderous, cartoon-villainy-style guffaws as they cram the rest of the cookies they've stolen into their gullets.

The Cookie Thieves win!

...or do they?

---

As Nikkia and DayDreamer cram more and more cookies into their mouths, they suddenly start to feel a bit faint. DayDreamer, that Disgusting Slob, is the first to collapse, the house shaking violently as his thunderous jowls hit the floor. Nikkia, the Crumb Licker, begins to panic, gasping for air, before she notices the sly smirk on Amberina's face.

"You...!" She manages to point accusingly at her before finally succumbing to the poisoned cookies.

DragonGuard tries desperately to figure out just what in the heck is going on.

"But they... but you... how did you... why did you...?"

Amberina smiles at him as she pulls a gun. 

"I just hate everybody."

Bang!

Amberina wins!

---

Our remaining players were;

Seanzillathe Cowardly Little Babyman. At night phase, he may have chosen to hide behind another player. If any night actions were targeted towards him, they will fail. However, if any night actions were targeted towards the player he hid behind, the action would have affected both him and the player he chose to hide behind.

DragonGuard - the Wannabe Cookie Thief. If the cookie thieves tried to kill him during a night phase, he would have joined their team instead.

Nikkia - one of the two Cookie Thieves, the Crumb Licker. Nikkia was immune to investigations (she would show up as innocent).

DayDreamer the other of the two Cookie Thieves, the Disgusting Slob. He was not immune to investigations, but once per game, could choose one night to plant crumbs on another player, and if that player were to be investigated, they would have appeared to be a Cookie Thief.

And our winner is...

Amberina - the Misanthropic Murdering Hatemachine. Amberina was not a cookie thief or an innocent - her goal was to kill all of the other players. If the Mafia wins, but she was still alive, she would win instead. If the Mafia all died and the innocents won, she would lose. Once per game, during a night phase, she could choose to kill another player.

---

So, as you've all no doubt noticed by now, every player had a role. I'd like to hear your thoughts about the roles and the game. What I've noted is;

- The Mafia's special abilities were rendered useless almost immediately because of the Detective's death. Do you think that the Mafia's abilities should have worked differently, or that there should possibly have been a backup Detective?

- Some of the players' roles never actually came into play. Do you have any ideas as to how these could have been improved?

I was thinking about using my power on the last night I was alive to prevent Asura's death, but I figured at that point he was going to be a target anyway.

I'm pretty bad at playing this though, apparently. Haha.

That plot twist! This was super fun. Shout out to DayDreamer for being awesome to be murderers with. If I were to be a murderer irl, I would definitely consider him as a partner. 

1 person likes this

Ooooh what a thrilling conclusion!

This was interesting, but only because we didn't know what roles were available, if we knew that we easily would have won by my earlier strategy (everyone say their role, kill the ones with double roles).

But yeah, most of them were 'once in a game'  things and mine was awesome, because it might have thrown the balance of the game around if the mafia had chosen me at some point.

So interesting game, but you'd have to think of new roles to play...

OR! You would have to make the rule that if you revealed your role (fake or not) you'd have to commit suicide (that could still be useful at times (like when a detective tries to point at a mafia but is chosen to be lynched himself)). 

But interesting game, I wanna play more!

Wait, if I died, who did they target?

Also I liked that everyone had a special role, made it interesting. And I think it'd be better if only one of the Mafia had a power involving the Detective.

It pretty much played out well for me to take the quiet route this time, given my role in this. Always watch our for the quiet ones. >.>

I know I didn't give much input this round, but I'd like to play again. I found this game to be quite entertaining!

I suspected DayDreamer from the get go, and was willing to die to show that to everyone. But I think i've learnt people dont play this game from logic, or through inspection of actual responses. They pretty must just choose whoever. But nevermind, lol

That was a pretty hilarious ending. I'm good to play again =D

But I think i've learnt people dont play this game from logic, or through inspection of actual responses. They pretty must just choose whoever.

I'd like to comment on this; don't be afraid to post! Over the course of all three games we've played so far, the quiet ones have always been the most suspect - don't be afraid to post as much as you can, and better yet, specifically go out of your way to call out people who are trying to stay under the radar. You have nothing to fear if you're innocent and you think out your posts carefully; the only people who are ever in danger of truly appearing suspicious are the mafia themselves.

I'd like to comment on this; don't be afraid to post! Over the course of all three games we've played so far, the quiet ones have always been the most suspect - don't be afraid to post as much as you can, and better yet, specifically go out of your way to call out people who are trying to stay under the radar. You have nothing to fear if you're innocent and you think out your posts carefully; the only people who are ever in danger of truly appearing suspicious are the mafia themselves.

Oh don't get me wrong mate, i'll be playing in the next game, but, y'know.  *shrug*

On that note, does anyone think we could maybe use more time for Day Phases? Like maybe 48 hours instead of 24?

longer day phases might give more opportunity for discussion and people wont be pressured to make quick decisions. 

Seriously though.

How did I die!? D: Oh well, guess it's my bad, assumed killing counted as a night action.

I'm okay with longer day phases. It'd slow the pace of the game a bit but there'd be more discussion.

You were the mafias target, Sean.

Awesome Awesome game.   I mean really. Never woulda expected that ending (though i know who POISONED ME! D: )

I loved that everyone had some special role, and that noone knew what anyone else was or how many roles there were. 

A 48 hour day phase sounds like a good idea. Would certainly give more time for discussion and accusations.

I was thinking about using my power on the last night I was alive to prevent Asura's death, but I figured at that point he was going to be a target anyway.

I'm pretty bad at playing this though, apparently. Haha.

You survived quite a long time though. And its unfortunate I was a bad guy this time cos otherwise I would've actually tried more to avert your death rather than the just for show attempt I made.

That plot twist! This was super fun. Shout out to DayDreamer for being awesome to be murderers with. If I were to be a murderer irl, I would definitely consider him as a partner. 

Likewise to you.

Ooooh what a thrilling conclusion!

This was interesting, but only because we didn't know what roles were available, if we knew that we easily would have won by my earlier strategy (everyone say their role, kill the ones with double roles).

But yeah, most of them were 'once in a game'  things and mine was awesome, because it might have thrown the balance of the game around if the mafia had chosen me at some point.

So interesting game, but you'd have to think of new roles to play...

OR! You would have to make the rule that if you revealed your role (fake or not) you'd have to commit suicide (that could still be useful at times (like when a detective tries to point at a mafia but is chosen to be lynched himself)). 

But interesting game, I wanna play more!

If we had chosen you, we'd have lost harder I guess. We'd have just 'won' sooner and Amberina would've still won in the end. So in this format you were actually more like a landmine we'd want to avoid targeting, haha.

It pretty much played out well for me to take the quiet route this time, given my role in this. Always watch our for the quiet ones. >.>

I know I didn't give much input this round, but I'd like to play again. I found this game to be quite entertaining!

You're the reason why I always suggest killing a newbie at the start. Can't vouch for Nikkia but if we'd had to kill every single person, I'd have chosen you last. Your quietness just seemed like you weren't really following or interested in the game. If someone like DragonGuard had done that instead, we'd know from past experience that he was being abnormal.

I suspected DayDreamer from the get go, and was willing to die to show that to everyone. But I think i've learnt people dont play this game from logic, or through inspection of actual responses. They pretty must just choose whoever. But nevermind, lol

That is the challenge as the detective it seems. The detective seems to often die very early, I suppose cos being too vocal too soon draws suspicion. You really have to work hard to convince everyone, in a way you have to be as manipulative as the mafia to get people to see things your way.

Seriously though.

How did I die!? D: Oh well, guess it's my bad, assumed killing counted as a night action.

I'm okay with longer day phases. It'd slow the pace of the game a bit but there'd be more discussion.

We targeted you. Or are you saying you hid behind someone else?

Edit: Also one thought I had about my ability to make it useful after the detective's death was that it'd be interesting if I could plant the crumbs on someone we murdered, so that the next day when the corpse is found, the innocents are told the person found dead was a mafia member. That could've been useful to throw them off and make them think only 1 was left. Didn't bring it up because we didn't really need the extra help this game.

Yeah, I know you guys targeted me.

I hid behind Nikkia 'cause I already suspected she was part of the Mafia. I guess it means I wasn't able to hide behind the Mafia? Or that I wasn't immune to being targeted.

Oh crap

I had a disclaimer where your ability couldn't make anybody kill themselves because that would be weird, but I guess I forgot to put it in your role PM? I considered the cookie thieves to be a singular entity when it came to killing people at night, so I couldn't figure out a fair way to determine who would die in that situation, so I decided to just not have it allowed.

My fault, dude, I should have said something but I'm too The Worst!

Interesting game, let's get more people! :D

Also, about the 48 hour day fase, I like it, but maybe if everybody or nearly everybody agrees to end the fase early, we should do that.

I've talked to Bleck and he's organizing another game but it'll take a while. So in the meantime I'm volunteering to run a game, and his next one will likely be ready by the time we finish it. So look out for the relevant thread and sign up there if you wanna play again.