skielights

Lights, Camera, Newbie!

18 posts in this topic

Hi, everyone. I enjoy writing, but I've never been involved in official rp-ing before. I have done a sort of in-person rp with a couple friends- we would meet up and improv adventures as our characters. That's as close as I've come. :)

It will be interesting (and fun) to see how this method works! It seems like there's a lot of more experienced rp-ers on here...please help me improve if you see a need! I'm here to learn.

Thanks much. Onward to the Student forum!

Welcome friend! Thanks for finding us and joining! :) We're here to help you in anyway you need. :E

So let's get to know each other--what's your favorite color!?

Welcome to Surreality. We'll be sure to help out if you need it! 

It's got to be red, right? Just look at dat derr avatar!! Pretty good stuff. Well welcome to the forums!!!

Welcome aboard. You've chosen a good place to try forum RPing for the first time, you'll find everyone is friendly here, so don't hesitate to ask anyone ten million questions if you're not sure about things.

Well hello there and welcome. It's great to meet you. If you have any questions at all I'm your gal, or you can ask any other staff member. We're more then happy to help. :)

Thanks, everyone!  It's good to meet you all!

Welcome aboard. You've chosen a good place to try forum RPing for the first time, you'll find everyone is friendly here, so don't hesitate to ask anyone ten million questions if you're not sure about things.

Thanks, that's reassuring. I'm sure I'll start asking here in a couple more posts. :)

Welcome friend! Thanks for finding us and joining! :) We're here to help you in anyway you need. :E

It's got to be red, right? Just look at dat derr avatar!! Pretty good stuff. Well welcome to the forums!!!

Red is good, but my favorite is orange! And also purple. You know, the wierd ones. Your turn! Color, and...how about favorite words? (Or one of them. :) )  Mine is luminosity! Or squished.

(PS: Thanks, Valentine!)

Hey! Welcome aboard, I'm still a bit new here as well :P Let me know if you'd like someone to RP with! I'm more than willing to do a student Role Play! 

Red is good, but my favorite is orange! And also purple. You know, the wierd ones. Your turn! Color, and...how about favorite words? (Or one of them. :) )  Mine is luminosity! Or squished.

(PS: Thanks, Valentine!)

Well, my favourite colour would have to be blue. I love blue, but like, a sort of medium shade of blue. Not a sky blue or a navy blue. But just like a really nice blue. lol. And my favourite word has to be 'gubbins'. No question. If you can call that a word. lol

Purple's one of my favorites too! Well, it is my favorite... But I really like lime green and sky blue too. :3

Hey! Welcome aboard, I'm still a bit new here as well :P Let me know if you'd like someone to RP with! I'm more than willing to do a student Role Play! 

Thanks! I might ask here in a couple of days. It depends on the pace of the student RP I'm in right now, and the pace of real life, of course. :) 

Well, my favourite colour would have to be blue. I love blue, but like, a sort of medium shade of blue. Not a sky blue or a navy blue. But just like a really nice blue. lol. And my favourite word has to be 'gubbins'. No question. If you can call that a word. lol

Ha, what does gubbins even mean? :)  Sounds good. You can have regular blue, ack! can have sky blue, and everyone is happy.

Purple's one of my favorites too! Well, it is my favorite... But I really like lime green and sky blue too. :3

Yeah, purple! Lime green is fun, and while sky blue isn't my favorite, it's got some good stuff going for it. Like the sky. It was super blue on my way to dance today :D 

All y'all: Do you have a preferred RP genre/setting/etc? Do you use characters over and over or make up new ones every time?

My favourite colour is orange too. Is this gonna be a problem? Can we share? O.o

All y'all: Do you have a preferred RP genre/setting/etc? Do you use characters over and over or make up new ones every time?

I do everything from fantasy to sci-fi, post-apocalyptic to fandom. But, of all the settings I do, I rarely venture into real life stuff. There almost always has to be something else to it to interest me. And, sometimes I use characters i've used in the past. But more often than not, I prefer to use a new character crafted specifically for that RP in question.

You do dance? So does Raine! I don't think I've ever known so many dancers before... Haha.

I prefer realistic and fandom role plays... I have very few characters that I reuse (really, it's just one character that I ever do that with). I make up new characters for most of my stories. I've been feeling kind of lazy and would prefer fandom because I don't have to think as much. Haha.

My favourite colour is orange too. Is this gonna be a problem? Can we share? O.o

Haha, I think we'll be able to work something out... :)

I do everything from fantasy to sci-fi, post-apocalyptic to fandom. But, of all the settings I do, I rarely venture into real life stuff. There almost always has to be something else to it to interest me. And, sometimes I use characters i've used in the past. But more often than not, I prefer to use a new character crafted specifically for that RP in question.

Nice! I bet enjoying so many genres comes in handy!  Also, I just looked up gubbins. That word now makes me smile. Thanks for the fun. :)

You do dance? So does Raine! I don't think I've ever known so many dancers before... Haha.

I prefer realistic and fandom role plays... I have very few characters that I reuse (really, it's just one character that I ever do that with). I make up new characters for most of my stories. I've been feeling kind of lazy and would prefer fandom because I don't have to think as much. Haha.

Yay Raine! Dancers unite! :D  Ha, yeah, that makes sense. Just to clarify, does realistic involve anything that includes normal life, or just strictly things that could happen to a normal life-r? Heh, the only fandom I'm comfortable claiming is Narnia, and since the movies got interrupted, everything's just faded off. It'd be nice to have characters to grab up when one is feeling mentally sluggish. :)

You know what, let's do it. There are a lot of points of view in the other RP that need to weigh in right now. That one's pace is good for me in the long run, but I want to go ahead and see what RPing is like further in to a story. RP. Thing. :) Do you have a plot idea/setting/etc? I'm up for a variety of paths in the metaphorical woods.

PS: Does anybody else want to hop in or have an idea? (Don't worry, it won't be a post-everyday-or-you-die kind of thing! I won't even be able to do that.)

Heehee, look at all these quotes o.0