DayDreamer

Witch Hunt [Mafia IV][Night Phase]

368 posts in this topic

It's a strange time in your quiet little town. Crop circles, cows mysteriously being sucked up into the clouds, people reporting strange metallic objects in the night sky... there can be only one conclusion: witches!

RULES

• During the Day Phase players discuss and vote for who they wish to Burn. In the event of a tie, nobody will be Burned. Votes should be bolded, coloured, or made to otherwise stand out - if your vote is miscounted because you weren't clear about it, too bad. The Day Phase will last 48 hours, or until every player has cast their vote. You may cast your vote as "nobody", if you are happy with the current votes and wish to get the day ended early. A tied vote results in no Burning.
  • During the Night Phase players with roles should PM me any actions they wish to take. The Night Phase will last 24 hours, or until every player has PMed me their action.
  • There are three main groups: Townsfolk, Villagers, and Witches. Townsfolk are the general NPC populace of the town and serve mostly as flavour. Villagers are the players who are not Witches, and Witches are, of course, Witches. There are other roles, and not everyone has the same conditions for victory.
  • The Villagers may only Burn 4 innocent people during the course of the game, their goal is to burn all the Witches. After that point, the Townsfolk will believe the Villagers are all foolish and stop believing in Witches, stop condoning the hunt, and so the Witches will win. If a Witch is burned, it will not count as one of the 3 Burnings.
  • Communication should only take place within this thread, unless your role allows or requires outside communication.

Please register your interest in participating by saying so in this thread, or at least mashing your face into your keyboard with the reply box open.

Players

- Seanzilla

- Blackfrost

- Wahad

- Valentine

- ack

- Raine Bell

- Bleck

- DragonGuard

- Sunset

- Asura

- Amberina

- Nikkia

It was Bleck!

How do I know?  Well he turned me into a newt!

I got better....

1 person likes this

Good turnout. I've put up the rules in the first post, it's mostly the usual stuff but with a few important differences, namely a limit to how many people the villagers may vote to kill over the course of the game, and the extended day phase duration that seemed a popular idea (and also since the vote killings are limited here, its even more important to have more time to consider the choices).

I'll allow one more day for signups and then we'll begin. If more people sign up, the limit on the amount of allowed vote kills may rise.

Only 3 burns of witches? That's... harsh....

Is it an idea that burning a witch gives the villages a +1 burn? Because they reinforce the idea of witches being alive?

Just an idea though.

Well the way I worked it out is that assuming one person is burned every day, and one person is killed every night, by the time all the burnings are used up there'll only be 4 people left, at least one of which will be a Witch, leaving 3 innocents at most. So really they'd only have 1 more chance to try burning someone anyway. So its only 1 less turn in practice, which I think is no big deal right? I think it psychologically seems more restricted than it really is, which is part of the point, to provoke people to consider their votes closely.

I did consider the idea of +1 burn for a Witch, but yeah, that would just give them that one last chance to burn someone, and I think if they've managed to get one of the Witches, they probably won't need that last chance anyway, so it feels more balanced for the Witch side to not give the Villagers any more of a bonus for getting one of the Witches.

Also the Villagers are not short on help from their allied roles either in this game.

I'll play again! I promise to be more vocal this time. >.>

Okay certainly quite the turnout. I've added 1 more Burn to the limit to account for the extra players. I'm gonna get this started now, look out for your roles via PM in the coming minutes.

DAY PHASE #1

Witchcraft is running amok in the town, and the Townsfolk have chosen 12 Villagers to pursue the matter. Of course, not everyone among the 12 is a mere Villager...

You have 48 hours from the time of this post to cast your votes for who you wish to Burn at the stake today (any votes cast after that time, before I announce the results, will not be counted). The Burning will take place after each person has cast their vote, or after 48 hours. You may cast your vote as "nobody", if you are happy with the current votes and wish to get the day ended early. A tie results in no Burning. Remember, you only have a mandate to Burn 4 incorrect targets, so choose wisely!

Ok guys, since we have a limited amount of burns we'll have to use them sparingly.

So I think it's best for now if we don't burn anybody until we have some clue by, for example, a detective or something.

So I'm going on ahead and vote to burn.... Nobody

That's a little callous. You're suggesting we set up a sacrificial lamb among us to be killed at night so we can get "clues" while we do nothing right now? I say we consider everyone closely while they make their opening statements to see who is the most suspicious. Inaction is the greatest sin, so let us not be passive and wait to get slaughtered.

I'm not sure, I found that speaking out to reveal someone I was fairly sure to be the enemy in the previous game, only caused my death and nobody took heed of the knowledge i'd imparted. So I am more inclined to agree with DragonGuard, for the moment anyway. But as you've said, it depends on what people have to say on the matter, I won't vote just yet.

Inaction being a sin is cool and all, but randomly killing off someone won't help us much, especially considering we only have 4 chances burn a witch. Even though we can take opening statements into consideration, I doubt it'll be enough to confidently accuse someone of being a witch.

We have 48 hours. I suggest we use that time. Throwing out votes now is just being hasty. Consider the game. We know the basic rules but you can be certain that DD has probably got some surprises in store for us. The beginning is when we have the most numbers but it's also where we are at our weakest in terms of information. We have 2 days to gather information and assess people's behaviour. I would be disappointed if any one cast a vote within the first 24 hours, at least on this first day where we know nothing.

Yes I'm saying to not do anything right now, it seems foolish to throw away our few turns on the first day phase, unless somebody just jumps up and reveals himself for being a witch. However, there might be a slight chance somebody has a day-phase super power to reveal some information. But I don' t think it would be likely that they'd use that power just yet.

But sure, let's wait and see what happens.