DayDreamer

Witch Hunt [Mafia IV][Night Phase]

368 posts in this topic

Ah. That bit of info would have been helpful. XD

I vote for myself.

I vote for DayDreamer! Fight the power!

I have no access to my pc so I can't bold/colour it.

EDIT: Nevermind, managed to fix my PC after 2 hours of frustration.

I protected myself yesterday, since I'd just pointed out that I hadn't been protecting myself.

Like I've said a few times, the way my win condition was described, the villagers win if all of the witches are dead, including me, but they also still win if the wicked witches are dead and I'm still alive. However, I just went back to reread it to make sure, and now I see that it also says the villagers need to have used up all their burnings.

Now, I'm not really interested in trying to manipulate people into burning each other just so I can also win. I think, at this point, that it's likely that there are no badwitches left (if that's the case then the reason nobody died last night was because there was nobody to be killing anybody), and all that's left is to either kill me or use up our burnings somehow so that I could also win. 

Seeing as though sacrificing me involves less killing of villagers, I'm willing to die now so that everybody can win.

I was really confused when the game didn't end when Raine died, but then I went back and re-read Bleck's explanation of his role, so yeah, this makes sense and I'm going for it.

Voting Bleck.

Bleck already said he would take it as a personal victory if we came to this point. There's two options for us. We either deliberately kill off some of our innocents, so that Bleck can win with us, or we let Bleck die so that everyone that is still in the game, gets to live. On that basis, I will vote Bleck without any thought other than the fact that its pure numbers, to kill at least a few people in order for a single person to win, would be a bit unfair. The numbers don't add up. However, I think we played a good game and Bleck deserves a round of applause because he still wins alongside us, as far as i'm concerned. If you guys are with me, we can end the game, and move promptly on to the next.  :3

Actually since Bleck expressed the fact he's not going to fight on and is willing to just die, I think we may as well cut to the chase and end the game there, since Bleck cannot win by accident at this point, only deliberate action.

Villagers win!

Feel free to divulge and discuss your roles and all now.

I will say that indeed Bleck had to get all the burnings wasted to win, but even if he did, the Villagers still win if the Wicked Witches are dead. The logic being the Good Witch wasn't out to terrorize the town, so if they survived then the Villagers would be able to live peacefully anyway. However, the Villagers were not to know this, because the whole point of a witch hunt is burning anyone who practices witchcraft, so they were not meant to side with the Good Witch.

Also, the Inquisitor only would've won if Bleck was dead as well as both Wicked Witches, because their aim is to exterminate witches rather than just survive to live a peaceful life.

I must also mention, since some people were concerned about Bleck saying he could protect himself from the burn then immediately protect himself that night, thus achieving invincibility, that Bleck (I'm sure deliberately) didnt mention the fact he was not allowed to protect anyone the next night after protecting someone from burning during the day. So he was entirely vulnerable the first night after his stunt.

I'll let Valentine explain his role with DG since I'm sure he's eager to explain why he was so vague about it the whole time.

Sean as the Scholar explained his powers, other than the one where if he was still alive when the Burnings ran out, the villagers would get 1 more chance to burn someone (as his learned self could persuade the Townsfolk to give them one more shot).

I forget whether ack fully explained her role, but basically she was given the option to choose a side, and she chose Witches. She would've won whether the wicked witches won or whether the good witch won. In this case she loses, technically, since Bleck gave in.

Oh I'll also mention Bleck additionally had the power to raise a dead player back to life, with the condition that if he died they would die again instantly too. And of course he couldn't protect himself the same time as using that.

As for me, it was a mistake to have not stipulated Bleck should not reveal his role, because the whole idea was he was a good witch who had to remain hidden or else the villagers would target him too, but he did too good a job coming off as an ally (plus the title "good" witch I'm sure didnt help). However, his revealing his role essentially led to him technically losing now, although there was a chance he couldve pulled a win out of this.

Thank you, DayDreamer. So yes, folks, I never lied, not once. I was an innocent, of course, and my power WAS linked to DragonGuard, and I DID lose it when he was killed off. For you see -

26744045.jpg

Pretty much. Being the age that we were living in, apparently me and DragonGuard were big steaming gays (Secret Lovers), and if the townsfolk found out, we'd get lynched. We had the ability to talk in a private conversation, so we could plan out our moves, etc. and had the ability to protect one another if one of us was targetted - but at the cost of our own death. But I decided my character was only bi-curious, so I let DG burn. rofl. So, yeah. Nevermind. lol. But a fun game none-the-less!!

If we're all done here DayDreamer, I will begin sign-ups for the next game?

I was the inquisitor and it woulda been COOL BLECK if you brought me back to LIFE especially on that crazy day phase where everyone was fighting and I just could have said "investigated Blackfrost last night, he's a wicked witch."

I was the inquisitor and it woulda been COOL BLECK if you brought me back to LIFE especially on that crazy day phase where everyone was fighting and I just could have said "investigated Blackfrost last night, he's a wicked witch."

This was an option I was keeping open in case I couldn't convince people who the witches were - if we hadn't gone on to kill Blackfrost that day, I was going to revive you, but once he died, it seemed pretty obvious that Raine was the other witch, so I didn't see the point.

You still basically won though, so nyeh!

Anyone want to organize the next game? Or is it my turn again?

I'll be doing the next game bud. Just waiting for DayDreamer to confirm we're all done here, but i'll assume we are, given the stage we're at, and i'll start the next thread. So keep an eye out for it in the coming minutes.

Valentine is on the next game, cos he's got a Pokemon-themed idea.

And yeah such a shame, Nikkia discovered Blackfrost the same night she was killed.

How was the game guys?

Edit: all slow on mah phone and stuff. Do proceed Val.

This game was interesting, certainly the most heated we've until now. Hope no one actually thought I was mad, it's all in the game.

I'd oblige but I'm getting a bulbasaur and i'm callin' it BRUTE ROOT!

my browser has done this twice....wtf! I was looking at Val's comment in the pokemon thread...HOW!?

also i'm in for another game, of course. 

This was one of the most interesting games I've seen so far and I died way too early T_T

Also, Valentine and mine own roles only worked when the villagers were voting to burn either of us, since I was killed in the night he couldn't have protected me. Else he would have revealed himself as being innocent too.