DayDreamer

Witch Hunt [Mafia IV][Night Phase]

368 posts in this topic

I'm going to refrain from voting for now since like the majority the risk of killing of someone we may need later on in the game is too great.

If someone has a day phase super power, although they might think it wise to save it, we can make safer assumptions with less potential threats and more information as the game goes on. We have no information at the moment. That means this could be an ideal time for someone to use a power. 

Also, I think it's safe to assume that we have a detective or something similar. Giving him free turns to figure out who the witches are would help out a lot.

I'm also fine with waiting, but I also encourage everybody to keep posting. The more information we have, the better.

Ah wait, so if we don't actually burn someone, that doesn't count towards our total burnings. I seee. That makes more sense. 

So, if we're not burning anyone - what happens during the night phase again? I take it then that, witches don't choose people and try to eliminate them as it was in previous games? So what happens then, its entirely on us to decide who to burn and if we guess wrong 4 times we auto lose?

No, witches still get to kill people at night because they're terrible ne'er-do-wells and miscreants.

Do witches get to know who each other are? And do we know how many of them there is supposed to be or are these things just guesses that have to be made? lol

Since we're a pretty large group I think it's safe to assume there's more than 1 witch. Probably 2, maybe 3. Traditionally they are aware of each other and have to pick 1 person to kill as a group.

Whether we get to know any of this depends on the Moderator. DD, in this case, has decided to leave us in the dark. 

Interesting. So they know who's innocent and who's not. But if they were to bring that to light, they would be bringing immediate attention to themselves. It's a tricky situation alright.

So basically if you're a witch, you should do that thing so we know who you are.

On the count of three all non witches raise your hand onetwothreego!!!  *raises hand*

I can do whatever I want.  :P

In fact, I switch my joke-vote to Bleck.

Do you really think that the witches would know each other? I don't think that's really possible. I mean, they may be members of rival covenants or something, trying to kill or enslave more people than the other.

Just a thought. -eats a sandwich-

if the witches don't know each other they can't share a vote. which would mean each witch gets a single kill vote. which means 1 person dies per night, per witch. That seems unlikely as it'd be unfair. Unless there is only one witch. 

Do you really think that the witches would know each other? I don't think that's really possible. I mean, they may be members of rival covenants or something, trying to kill or enslave more people than the other.

Why exactly do you think witches might not know each other? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense. They must - and to highlight the issue, here is Blackfrost -

if the witches don't know each other they can't share a vote. which would mean each witch gets a single kill vote. which means 1 person dies per night, per witch. That seems unlikely as it'd be unfair. Unless there is only one witch. 

That was a bit of a strange comment to make, Amberina.

I don't DD would make it that unfair to us to allow each witch their own kill, kind of defeats the purpose of the game like Val and Blackfrost implied. People would die too quickly. I am curious though what happened to not voting. From my understanding now there's one joke-vote for Bleck and one possible joke vote for Val. We might need those two later in the game. So where do we stand?

I think a vote is only official if it gets bold/coloured, etc. It has to stand out and not be accompanied with 'lulzvote'.

Yes, I admit it was a strange comment to make; I didn't read everyone's comment before posting. I was going off the train of thought that there were multiple witches, therefore multiple factions. Like the Mafia. So I'll retract my statement about the witches not knowing each other.

I only said what I said before because I'm going off from my experience from the last game(which is probably not a good idea). No one knew I was the killer until the very end, and I myself didn't know who the cookie thieves were. Even if my job was to kill all of my housemates while the others were sneaking around stealing sugary confections, my point is that I still had no clue who they were until the last day. Suspicions, yes, I had a few, but not enough to come out with a solid accusation.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure those votes don't count. And if they do, they're still tied.

And Amberina, that was a special role, you were neither cookie thief or innocent. It's pretty sure that the witches are working together.

I don't think this makes Amberina any more suspicious though.