DayDreamer

Witch Hunt [Mafia IV][Night Phase]

368 posts in this topic

Not necessarily, we just have to start getting more critical of people's posts. We have to read between the lines - nobody's going to slip up and accidentally reveal that they're a witch, or something like that. You have to stop and consider why people say things and for what purpose.

This is also why the people who are the most quiet are generally the most suspicious - the less that they say, the lower their chances of revealing themselves.

So that being said - whose been posting the least since the game started?

There are a few people who haven't said a lot, or anything at all except for voting for nobody.

We also have to remember that when Kyo was the Mafia, he was quite vocal. So don't discount the loud ones.

I'm keeping my eye on you, Valentine.

*throws a dart at a board with everybody's name on it*

*misses completely and dart breaks a nearby window*

=_=

I'm more interested in the fact that our attention was drawn to the 'quiet ones' by Bleck. I don't know what to make of that yet, or if there's anything to it, but it seems like an unnecessary comment to make unless he felt like he was soon to be targeted.

It's not really an unjust or unfounded comment. The same comment was made in the last game too. The truth is that we know the least about those that don't speak the most. Unless they're really good liars. Well then, we're just fucked.

The "quiet ones being suspicious" theory isn't a very good source of evidence.  Something more concrete needs to happen, such as aforementioned accidental slip-ups or unusual behaviors.

Like bleck said, though. No one's gonna accidentally out themselves.  We need to think of why they are saying things.

So perhaps Val might be on to something?  Why would bleck direct us to the quiet ones, when he knows its a poor test?  

Certainly by speaking less one has less of a chance saying something suspicious, but a single damning post can still be a damning post.

I'm more interested in the fact that our attention was drawn to the 'quiet ones' by Bleck. I don't know what to make of that yet, or if there's anything to it, but it seems like an unnecessary comment to make unless he felt like he was soon to be targeted.

Or I was trying to steer people away from the 'welp we got nothing, let's randomly kill somebody' attitude that's characterized the early days of the previous few games.

The "quiet ones being suspicious" theory isn't a very good source of evidence.

Why would bleck direct us to the quiet ones, when he knows its a poor test? 

Why are you assuming that it's a poor test? I think it's better to evaluate individual posts than it is to hope for a 'slip-up', which, let's face it, isn't going to happen.

That being said, Asura is right - a single damning post is a single damning post, and I'm not sure why else he'd go out of his way to simultaneously defend the less verbal posters and to try and sway public suspicion onto me.

That being said, Asura is right - a single damning post is a single damning post, and I'm not sure why else he'd go out of his way to simultaneously defend the less verbal posters and to try and sway public suspicion onto me.

44hVQYw.gif

Shit just got real.

I agree that Asura's post seemed damning, but I'm not convinced he's one of the Mafia. I'll need a few more hours before I actually cast my vote.

1 person likes this

I'm not sure about Asura either way right now, as Seanzilla, I will wait to cast my vote until I have a few more facts.

Or at least, a semblance of fact.

Oh in no way do I disagree with you, bleck. Slip-ups will quite simply never happen. Posts need to be analyzed through and through on an individual basis. What I was trying to point out with my comment was that you said that the quiet/infrequent posters were generally the most suspicious.

So ultimately, I was following your own proposed methodology by wondering why you were pointing towards the quiet ones. I was trying to discern why you were doing it and for what reason.

It seems that saying anything at all (other than "I dont know") seems to garner suspicion, as this line of accusation (both mine and bleck's) clearly demonstrates.

44hVQYw.gif

Shit just got real.

I agree that Asura's post seemed damning, but I'm not convinced he's one of the Mafia. I'll need a few more hours before I actually cast my vote.

I can not like this post enough times....

What I was trying to point out with my comment was that you said that the quiet/infrequent posters were generally the most suspicious.

...but everyone knew that already. It's literally exactly what I said.

I was trying to discern why you were doing it and for what reason.

And that's smart, yes - but the word discern in this context does not necessarily also imply communication. It's easy to consider the idea that I could be trying to lure people into voting for other people who are quiet because I'm evil - I assure you that I am, in fact, good - but why would you (or Valentine, for that matter) be so eager to try and convince people that it was a reasonable suspicion that they should share?

Stirring the shit, i suppose.   

I guess I'm simply growing weary of every game playing the same the first several rounds,  aka "Who could it be?  I dunno, lets do nothing."   Granted its a completely valid tactic, and I've no problems with it other than its overuse. I just don't idle well.

As to repeating what you said earlier in my previous post, I guess I had a point to make during the time of writing, but then lost it when distracted by other things.

It's suspicious to me that Bleck would be willing to potentially waste a burn on Asura when we've very little to go off. 

This game is scary. Does anybody else realize that? Like. Aren't we all friends? :(

...What are you afraid of, ack? Scared we'll realize it was you all along? HUH!?

Oh. My. GOD!

Yeah, pretty much.

But no, really. I just hate the idea of pointing fingers when we have no idea who it is. :{ Why we all so mean. YOU'RE ALL SO SCARY WHEN YOU IS ANGRY!

I agree with Ack on this one, I don't see the sense in Bleck's comments other than to redirect, for example, including my name purely because i've had a rebuttal for one of his comments. Equally, i'm not sold on Asura either. There is no need to make statements about things we already know. I'm happy to change/withdraw my vote prior to the end of the day phase, but unless there is change, i'd rather nobody got unduly burnt. So to balance the game between Asura and Bleck, I am currently voting for Bleck.

How is pointing out flaws in reasoning the same as redirection? Also, why did you think that my comment about quiet posters required a rebuttal in the first place?

You two have made yourselves more suspicious than anybody by going out of your way to defend the people who were already, implicitly, the most suspicious (because we have to assume that they're trying to stay out of the spotlight, rather than just being inactive). What do you have to gain in pointing fingers at any particular active player, especially if your reasoning is that it's somehow suspicious that I've sagaciously suggested that people who only sporadically speak are the most suspect of suspects, as well as the least suitable seams for our squad of squabbling and supposedly spotless somebodies?

1 person likes this

I'm not placing any large amount of blame Bleck, as i've said, i'm not sure either way, but i'm re-balancing the vote so nobody gets burnt. You can take that personally, or you can accept that i'm trying to stop you from making a rash decision. I don't feel i've made myself suspicious for defending a possible innocent any more than anyone else. So you can say that if you like, but I dont see why you're arguing these points beyond the sake of arguing. If i'm suspicious, then i'll get burnt, if i'm not, then I won't. That's simple fact. I'm just trying to balance the votes at this stage. And that's the last i'll say on this.

I agree with Val making the vote even. I don't think anybody needs to get upset right now. We need at least another day before we can really figure out what's going on.

If i'm suspicious, then i'll get burnt, if i'm not, then I won't. That's simple fact.

This isn't really how it works, but okay. also please just don't ever say 'simple fact'

Thats exactly how it works - that isnt how it might go down, but on paper - thats how it works. There's no need to have your hackles up about me voting for you Bleck - bear in mind, i'm voting to balance the outcome - not to vote for your burning. If the vote becomes balanced, or you change/withdraw your vote. I would as well. 

Just popping into provide an update.

Approximately 20 hours remain in the Day Phase.

The current votes stand at:

Asura - 1

Bleck - 1

As the votes stand, nobody will be Burned. The Villagers still have 4 available Burnings remaining. There are 11 remaining players.

Man you guys were busy while I was gone...

Atm I dont have any further suspicions.

I'm not sure what to make of things yet, but currently Bleck is catching my attention with his wordy assurances and enticing alliteration. However, in the past DD caught my attention in the same way and he ended up being the Detective, so there could easily be a similar reason here. I'm gonna let the votes stay tied for now.