Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Morely

In The Time Of Gods (Discussion)

30 posts in this topic

This roleplay is heavy on fantasy and mythology, I added horror more as a just-in-case since this could have some horror aspects in it depending on what people decide to do. The thread is open to anyone, there is no cap on people who can join. 

Story

Setting-- Ancient Greece at the end of summertime. Albia is the only city mentioned however up to two more cities are possible for characters to hail from. The main setting is in the Woods of Ishla, here it is said that magical beasts, Gods, and Demi Gods roam as a place of in-between, a place to leave the forgotten or to hide from those you wish would forget you. 

Important Plot Notes-- The Gods of Ancient Greece are very real here. Hades is whom the city is trying to appease and appeal to with a human sacrifice so that his gaze may stray from their city and not claim as many people. The Ceremony of Youth involves all class levels from the poorest to richest, no one within the age gap is excluded due to rank or family. No one really knows what happens in the forests since none have returned to their cities (or neighboring ones). Those who are sent there must try and survive. This could be an escape attempt, pleading/bargaining with the Gods, or fighting whatever comes their way. 

Characters: Sacrifices are anyone 17 and under who aren't married or pregnant. There are 5 from each city, and from any social class. They are dropped off one at a time at various points of entry at the woods. Sacrifices, Gods, Demi-Gods, Mythical Monsters are optional characters. If you have a part you wish to play not listed please ask. The first post in the roleplay thread (Student Roleplay Boad) explains the season, and explanation of why there are sacrifices and how they are taken away. Also: Sacrifices don't have to work together. If your character is a lone wolf or not a nice person, they can use the other sacrifices to survive or as bait, etc. Likewise, they may not all know each other even if from the same city, depending on their class.

Questions, comments?

Edited by Morely

You can be one of the children just chosen to be sacrificed, one from a previous year (if you think they can survive that long), a God, creature, or Demi-God. It's really open, I didn't want to put too much of a limit because it would be fun to have various characters and let people be creative in their favorite way. If there is something I haven't mentioned and you're unsure just ask. 

Anyone 17 and under. Here is a quote from my first post, which kind of explains it. 

"..everyone under the age of seventeen, unless they were wed or with child, would be placed in front of the crowd bunching together..." "The pressure of her family's kisses and embraces felt far away now as the still warm summer wind blew her straw colored braid off her shoulder. She was one of the Chosen for this year, and it was still hard to believe. It was an honor, yet secretly in her soul she was horrified. What was to become of her? There has never been a record of anyone returning to either city (alive that is). Stories filled with meetings with beasts and Gods, and in the end generally death. How many were chosen in the neighboring city? These questions were unanswered ..." " "I wonder when the others will arrive...they always bring them one at a time. Perhaps...I will not die too terrible a death."

Does that help a little? My character is one of the five chosen from Abila, and she is the first to be dropped off at the woods from her city. 

Anytime! If something else comes up or you have an interesting idea throw it out here. 

Excited to see the first reply post~

So do we just post here as to who we're playing, or do we just post away?

Posting who you are playing here is not a bad idea. Why not do that and then post away. It will give a good tally as to what sort of characters people are doing. I am a sacrifice and it looks like we have a surviving sacrifice from last year.

Mine is the only survivor of the last year, or so he thinks, his intentions will remain hidden for now -w-

He specializes in hunting and stealth~

Very nice, he will be interesting to come across in the woods. 

I think I'll wait a little while before posting again so that Amberina can post if they wish. If they don't then I'll post this evening or tomorrow. 

You can go ahead and post if you want, I'm getting ready for work, so I won't be able to post until tomorrow morning. 

My character's a sacrifice, and she's hailing from a different city, so it'll give me time to plan out a decent sized post. :)

Greek gods? Check. Impressive introduction posts? Check. You can count me in on this baby.

Well, I say that, but I'm actually out later today so I won't be able to get a first post up until either late tonight or tomorrow morning. Just a couple of questions though. Are there any rules as to what a sacrifice can take into Ishla with them? Or are they simply dropped off with the clothes on their backs? Second question; You mentioned above that you're not being terribly strict with the types if characters we can enter, does that mean I can go with a demi-god if I want?

I'm looking forward to your answers as this RP looks like it could be brilliant.

Victory, another ensnared in my roleplay idea huzzah. 

As for your questions, yes they are pretty much taken with the clothing on their backs, though a few minor items I'll allow. Such as my character has a pendant of Demeter around her neck. Since she is a lower class, she doesn't have any money for a small dagger or any kind of weapon. If someone was of a higher class, then it would make sense for them to maybe have a more valuable item with them or if they were from a guard/warrior type family. 

Demi-God's are totally acceptable, if you want to do a classic one from mythology or maybe put a twist on your own that is fine also. It would be fun to see what a partial God would do. 

Thank you for the compliments, those who are joining will make the brilliance for sure. I am looking forward to your post and seeing what type of character you do. 

Thanks for the swift answer.

One final question before I finalize my character. Since the gods are real and everything in this RP, do the demi-gods have any sort of godly enhancement? I'm not talking anything major, just a byproduct of having the blood of a god running through their veins.

Yeah that would be reasonable. Like how Hercules has super strength because he was the son of Zeus and Hera. So depending on whose the father/mother would depend on the powers the had. For example, if Demeter is the mother then they may have the ability to talk or control plants to some level. Or if the North Wind was their father then they would have high agility and speed. That type of thing, their powers are up to you. But like you said, they can't be too over powered because they aren't full gods, and that wouldn't make for much fun anyways haha. 

So, I think I've goy my character pretty much sorted now. Are you happy for me to get an intro post up, Morely?

@Yajuu: Please do, post away good sir if you have your character figured out.

@ Knee: As long as they follow the criteria listed for characters, I don't see why a slave couldn't be one, they did have a fair amount in Ancient Greece. Though I feel bad since they were just freed and now a sacrifice. Do you have any questions about character restrictions?

Also: I think Ill leave only one more slot open for someone to join. Otherwise it will be toi many and get a little complex.

There we go, introduction post up! Hopefully it's all hunky dory, but any problems and I'm sure you'll give me a shout.

Oooh, I'm getting a tingly feeling. This is going to be great fun, I can tell. :)

A~nd where has everybody gone?

Sorry for being MIA for a few days, got crazzzy at work. 

Yajuu, love the intro post, he sounds like a very complex and fun demigod (with daddy issues?)

Also...I am wondering the same thing...the other 3 have yet to post or reply...I hope they come back to post soon. I'll just throw another post in so you and I can at least enjoy the thread.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0