Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ack!

Streaming Madness

44 posts in this topic

If you check our lovely Community Calendar, you will see that there has been an event added every Tuesday to stream some movies that relate to our current monthly theme--Pokemon! Please RSVP if you can make it, or request them to be played on different days. If I get enough votes (I dunno, like, 5), I will change the dates.

If you wish to hold your own streaming (let's play, etc.) events for the month, please go ahead and add them to the calendar! I will be adding some PTCGO events to it so you can all watch me get killed at the trading card game.

HAVE AT.

Oh man, I'm gonna schedule me streaming a Nuzlocke Run. Somebody tell me which game to do.

The Top Cut did a Nuzlocke run before, but I have no idea what it IS. After I figure that out, I can suggest one!

Yeah why not!

I havent watched much of the pokemans since Gen2, really.  Just lost interest in it, I suppose. However, I will certainly be up to watching the movies with you all.   Ill even try and hold back some of my normal movie-going snarkiness! ^^

Oh and ack, if you need someone to win against in card games, lemme know. I'm notorious for having critically bad luck xD

Yes! Awesome! :D And some of the newer movies actually aren't so bad. The Genesect movie plays on Cartoon Network on the 19th, so hopefully we can find it online to display the last Tuesday of the month. :)

And we'll see how my TCG thing goes... Looks like PTCGO doesn't want to update properly on my computer soooooo... That's cool, I guess.

The Top Cut did a Nuzlocke run before, but I have no idea what it IS. After I figure that out, I can suggest one!

A Nuzlocke run is as follows;

- You have to catch the first pokemon you see in a new area. You're not allowed to use any other dudes from that area. If the first thing you see faints or flees, you can't catch anything else.

- If a pokemon faints in battle, it's dead forever. You can't use it anymore, and have to release it.

- You have to nickname all of your pokemon (I do this regardless).

- No savescumming.

- You can reach a game over if all of your pokemon faint. Then you're done forever!

I can stream any of the games up to Black2/White2. I am willing to do any of them (though I'd like to steer clear of Red/Blue because they're slow and boring).

Ahhh cool!

Umumumum... I'll vote for Black/White, then. Second vote would be Leaf Green/Fire Red.

Won't be able to make the movie streams at their current day+time. I will attend if they're two hours earlier or just the same time but on the following day instead. Not too fussed if I can't, but that's my position on the event time anyway.

A Nuzlocke run is as follows;

- You have to catch the first pokemon you see in a new area. You're not allowed to use any other dudes from that area. If the first thing you see faints or flees, you can't catch anything else.

- If a pokemon faints in battle, it's dead forever. You can't use it anymore, and have to release it.

- You have to nickname all of your pokemon (I do this regardless).

- No savescumming.

- You can reach a game over if all of your pokemon faint. Then you're done forever!

I can stream any of the games up to Black2/White2. I am willing to do any of them (though I'd like to steer clear of Red/Blue because they're slow and boring).

It's more fun if you also Randomize the rom that you're playing on, through this. Ever wanted to choose gen3 starters between Swalot, Salamence and Sealeo? Or maybe fight a gym that's using dark pokemon? Catch a wild level 4 Zapdos in Viridian forest? Here you go.

Can't make it on Tuesdays. Only day that I can't :(

Is it mandatorry that these events fit the theme of the month? o:

I hope not, I wanna stream some non-pokemon related games xD

Well I think the idea here is to fit the theme, so there's more than just sigs and avatars and it becomes a real theme month with many aspects. However, I'm sure one can do unrelated streaming and stuff anytime and share it.

Also the site calendar seems to adjust to your forum timezone, so don't listen to ack saying Tuesday, necessarily, and check the calendar link instead. For me at least, those 'Tuesday' events will be noon Wednesday.

Yeah, I did check, and it's 3AM. Have to be wake up early on wednesdays so can't stay up that late. Any other day of the week 3AM would be fine.

I'm... not gonna stay up till 3 am just to watch a pokemon movie xD

I'd stay up forever! Where is your sense of community DG. Sad.

Just not on Tuesdays :(

But I have college! D:

I love this community just... not late at night. When I should sleep, because I have stuff to do the day after....

You guys should just go to bed at like 6pm the night before, then wake up and start your day at 3am - no loss of sleep, problem solved.

(I am mostly joking because personally I'd not be able to get up at 3am no matter how much sleep was had beforehand, let alone trying to fall asleep so early.)

Maybe someone could record the live stream so other people can watch it later and see how much fun they missed out on.

Yes, the intent of this specific thread is to promote events that deal with the month's theme. It would be great if we could do something similar to this every month we do a theme, but it might not always be possible. However, don't let that deter you from running any other kind of event! I can make a separate calendar for you guys to play on and... Yeah! :D

I can change the days to Wednesdays at 8PM EST. Does that at least work a little better? All of you silly Europeons and Aussies. ffff