Nikkia

Site Suggestions!

166 posts in this topic

Uh, the banner at the top with SURREALITY, I can only see Freya's right hand. Is that supposed to be the case? Not that she's my type, but it kinda bothers me.

I have the same 'problem' on my phone, but on my PC I see her just fine. It may have something to do with your resolution?

Yeah I noticed this on my ipad this morning. I think it's most likely a resolution issue. 

The site is fluid to a certain width, and that banner area at the top is as well. So yeah, she'll be cut off if your browser window is too small. I might be able to alleviate that by removing Calendar and Chat from the top navigation, as they aren't really being extensively used at the moment.

I must confess that the forum's default font settings are bugging me. Whenever I paste something from Microsoft Word, it skews the font and I can't for the life of me set it back to the default font and size, and even within the pasted text there're inexplicable discrepancies in size. I notice whenever people paste things their posts are also inconsistent in formatting.

Sorry I think this belongs to Technical Gripes rather than Site Suggestions, but gosh technology updates sure aren't always good.

I'd like to say that forum's formatting can be really irking for me too especially copy/paste.

Ctrl+alt+v to paste without formatting. Basically otherwise you are pasting the formatting of whatever website or document you are copying from.

In chrome I do "paste as plain text" but even that can lead to funky results.

1 person likes this

It was handier when we could swap to a script mode and see what formatting was crewing everything up.

Just do it like this: before and after.

This way you disable all formatting stuff and have to do it through BB code. This stops it from having random changes in format.

2 people like this

This true. I've used the function before but not for this issue before so that'd work.

Just do it like this: before and after.

This way you disable all formatting stuff and have to do it through BB code. This stops it from having random changes in format.

didn't even fucking know that was a thing.

My job description should be changed from RP Mod to Tech Support Dude

1 person likes this

Apparently, in the S*T archives, the trash can remains invisible to those who didn't have permissions. If possible, I suggest making all the forums visible to everyone, cos there's some stuff in the trash can people may want to retrieve (guild stuff is all in there for instance)

Is there a way yo have a pinned thread with summaries of the various active RPs on this site.

I ask because I'm always browsing around looking for something to read but end up reading only a post or too.

My lazy solution is if I had a little synopsis. :D

Edit: my idea was the first post of the thread was just a mastery for the more prominent ones (so it doesn't get crowded with a bunch ones that die within a post or two) and then everyone who wants to be listed post their own summary for members to browse through.

I've got a question. I seem to have pressed something by accident, resulting in DayDay's post in the mafia game being labelled as "Best Answer", and appearing at the top of the thread highlighted in green. May I know how to remove it? :/

1 person likes this

(You sure it's an accident?)

Anyway I figured out how to fix it. You clicked "Mark Solved" on his post on the bottom right, so I clicked "Mark Unsolved" again to undo the damage.

1 person likes this

Yes!

(I mean, there're many other better posts by him >.>)

But yeah I was using my ~*new phone*~ and then I seemed to have swiped something and the next thing I knew this happened.

EDIT: Oh, now that I go back to it it seems to have disappeared now. I'm so confused.

Yeah, I fixed it for you. See the above post ^