Valentine

[NIGHT PHASE] Pokemon Mystery [Mafia V]

279 posts in this topic

So how far into X/Y is everybody?

Also don't burn me, I am innocent.

It may actually be worth it to take out someone on the first day this time. I didnt advocate it in past because if you have say a detective, doctor, and one mafia, then killing someone at random leaves you with more chance of taking out a vital allied role rather than a mafia member. However it's unclear these days how many helpful roles there are for regular innocents.

I would suppose that with the same amount of chances for taking out the bad guys as last time, despite extra players, that there will be no less bad guys than before, and probably more this time.

I meant more of general knowledge of what each role does, not who it is. I only have experience with Werewolves (we dont have regular Mafia that much here) and there its public knowledge waht each role does

do we know the percentage of roles in the group? like 40% killing threat, 20% alternative victory and the rest just general populace who need to survive? because if we have a high chance to get a threat down I'd say Burn! (btw do we burn the people or lynch em or what term are we using now? Paralyse maybe?)

Hmm I guess we can be fairly sure there's a detective and a doctor (jenny and joy????) somewhere amids us.

And I guess there will also be one role that has different motives than anyone else (like stay alive till the end or something like that).

It's the 4 burn rule which keeps me from burning just now, I think it would be a waste to do anything hasty just now.

Even more so if there are only 2 or 3 bad guys and 15(?) total players.

It's all guess work, Red.

13 total players, DragonGuard. And yes, you still only have 4 chances. Both the innocents and the enemy have certain restrictions that make rash decisions have a negative impact on your game. So be tactical, be careful, and if you lose your mind, be prepared for the consequences...

But remember, that is 4 mistakes - if you correctly vote off a member of Team Rocket, your chances will not be reduced.

It's the 4 burn rule which keeps me from burning just now, I think it would be a waste to do anything hasty just now. Even more so if there are only 2 or 3 bad guys and 15(?) total players.

If one assumes 3 bad guys and 1 doc and 1 detective, that leaves 8 players without a role. And Valentine specifically was hoping to get as many as 15 for what he wanted to do. I think it likely there are more rather than less people with roles. There may be more than 1 detective/doctor teamed up this time, similar to how the bad guys are usually a team together.

I'm not sure how the previous games went, but statistically speaking, burning someone on the first day would be harmful for us. There are less bad guys than good guys, so assuming everyone has an equal chance of burning, most probably an innocent/detective/nurse would burn by mistake.

Yeah, but a lot of our games have had more special roles than just that. If we want to move on through the first day phase, then we should all vote to a tie...

... Of course we have 13 people so maybe that won't work. Well it could work. If we had 5 votes for one person, 5 votes for another, and 3 for the last.

But wasting a hunt on a first day is stupid.

... back to Y.

I would have to agree. I don't believe targeting anyone now is advisable. 

Well we don't have to burn anybody, no need to tie the votes, voting for Nobody works too, that will get us through this day faster.

So how far into X/Y is everybody?

Also don't burn me, I am innocent.

I'm up to the part where it turns out Sean is a member of Team Rocket.

EDIT: I think I should specify that I am joking, lest anyone take that as a serious accusation.

We should burn DayDreamer.

EDIT: Just to be safe, I am also joking.

1 person likes this

Im cool to vote for nobody. I cant highlight my vote though as im on my phone.

Having no clues to base anything on I'm also voting Nobody for today. Also, another rookie question (i know) but do we have to base all our suspicions on the conversations here or do we get hints from Val after the night-phase? in the regular version i know you'd be able to base assumptions on what movement and sounds you pick up on during the night phase but here you dont have that.

Nobody

And yes, all suspicions are based on what is (or isn't) said in this thread. Normally the moderator doesn't give us any clues.

I think everyone's agreeing on this point. Nobody.

Day Phase

(24hrs remaining)

There have been 8 of 13 votes for Nobody.

As it stands, nobody will be voted out today.