Valentine

[NIGHT PHASE] Pokemon Mystery [Mafia V]

279 posts in this topic

Nobody. Pretend this is bolded and stuff.

OMG that is the most beautifully bolded and redded text I have ever seen! O.O

1 person likes this

(Apologies for this being a couple of hours late, i've been a bit under the weather)

Day Phase Over
Nobody has been incapacitated or captured!

Night Phase Begins
(24 Hours)

Anyone with abilities that wants to use them, needs to send me a PM.

And so another day dawns in the world of pokemon, but... something is amiss! A crime has been reported in the nearby town!

Apparently, a trainer has had their pokemon stolen by a member of Team Rocket! 

The Pokemon's name was 'Bleck' and now Team Rocket are a step closer to their goal for world domination!!

Day Phase Begins

(48 hours)

D: Nooooo~

Worse of all, Bleck just hadn't had any real input so we can't really find any enemies or anything...

Damnit I hate the beginnings of these games.

What can I say, people weren't messaging me any longer for ability choices, and the selection had been made hours ago.

Might be wrong, but I am going to assume that whoever killed him realized that Bleck was a pretty valuable asset in the last game and wanted to prevent that from happening this game.

That would narrow the list of suspects down somewhat, to people who have played the last game. Comparing the two lists of participants gives the following:

- Seanzilla

- Blackfrost

- ack

- Bleck

- Raine Bell

- DragonGuard

- Sunset

- Asura

- Nikkia

... Actually, that doesn't seem to be very helpful.

No, it doesn't narrow it down to only the people who've played. Plenty of people could've read what happened without actually participating.

Hmm, that's true. Does anyone else have any other clues as to why Bleck might have been targeted?

Having never been mafia, do all the mafia members have to agree on a pick to eliminate them?

Id assume its because hes damn good at this game. I think any member who has followed this game would be thinking the same in a team rocket position. Also at such an early point in the game its difficult to assess who is the best person to target. Blecks value as a player regardless of his role means he's an easy target in the beginning. although its a little boring if you ask me.

People are being too quiet, we don't have much to work with. At this point the safest bet would be to be suspicious of the quiet ones. 

While I think the overall quiet is likely to do with pokemon x and y release im inclined to agree with sean as its about all we have at the moment.

Well, I am mostly just trying to get people to post. If they want to remain quiet, that's fine, but we don't have much else to go on, so as long as we don't have any definite suspicions I think we should at least get rid of the quiet ones.

Assuming that there are 3 members of Team Rocket, since we have a decently sized group, and (with Bleck dead) 9 innocents, if we kill a Pokemon every Day Phase and one of the Pokemon gets killed every Night Phase we would have 2 Pokemon left, which would mean an auto-win for Team Rocket either way.

So I say that from now on we burn someone every day, the 4 burn limit isn't really restrictive at the moment so there is no point in keeping it in mind.

Bleck's gone....  Thats distressing.

As to voting off people, my primary concern is how exactly we choose who we vote off? Statistically speaking we're more likely to kill an innocent than a bad guy, especially at this early stage in the game.

That said, maybe the quiet ones argument is all we have to work on... again :/

Anyways, i've been thinking since the last game especially, and came across an idea. The quiet ones are suspicious argument comes up at least once or twice per game. Maybe there needs to be a ruling of some sort that everyone needs to post at least once per day phase, thus we can eliminate this argument (at least to an extent).  That way the option of "sit and do nothing" is harder to pull off.

Ive no idea what kind of repercussions not checking in might have...   Something to be brainstormed, for sure.

tl;dr   We need something to push players along/spark more conflicts/make people do stuff...

Last game Kyo and Raine gave themselves away through their actions, if half of the players don't post anything we have no way of making an informed decision on who are part of TR. My main issue with the 'the quiet ones are suspicious' argument is that TR can use it to their advantage. If they are vocal enough and prevent being suspicious through that, they'll win. So we really need -everyone- TR or Pokemon to actively participate in the game. Joining and staying quiet just puts the Innocents at a disadvantage.

So I'd actually agree with a rule that you have to post at least once per day phase and since we have 48 hour phases, that should be plenty of time.

Hmm well in the IRL game you are kinda automatic pulled into the game, so no way to stay quiet.

But auto-killing anyone who doesn't post for a few days isn't going to work, and people who just check in every day to say 'still alive, still innocent' won't really help anyway...

Anyway, this is a topic to be discussed later I think, we won't do much good changing the rules mid game, and to talk about the next game this early in the game isn't really nice to Val who has worked really hard on this game.

So I guess we'll have to close our eyes and shoot again....

Also, the innocents will ALWAYS have a bigger chance to kill one of their own, since if they have a 50% or less chance it means that the baddies (witches/cookie monsters/rockets whatever) have won.

And just now someone raised an interesting point, if we have 4 kills left and no kills are counted when we kill a rocket, we have no real limits left.

So, who has been silent so far?

I think the silence so far is more a problem with the first day than with people not being invested. There really isn't anything to go off on the first day, and in past games we've already said everything there is to say about the first day. But then the same happens now too. Bleck is dead, and there's not much to go off. Even the "it must be past players who know he's useful" argument doesn't yield much when you consider new players may have and probably did watch the last game to get the gist of how to play.

It's hard to just ask people to talk now, when there really isn't much new info. As DragonGuard said, even requiring them to post once per day would just yield empty posts.

What we can do is perhaps speculate as to who will be the next person to be targeted, based on Bleck dying last night. Trying to predict their actions and work out their motivations helps conjure a character for the unknown bad guys, something we can then try to match against the actions of various players.

If we assume that TR is taking out the more experienced members first, like Bleck, then we can assume they might do likewise the next night phase. Perhaps someone like Sean or DD...?

I don't really like the idea of randomly shooting the quiet ones simply because we don't have enough clues. It's not in our favour statistically, and even if we get one of the TR members by luck, it's not going to tell us much.

Statistics are never in our favour in this game, not voting for anyone just because the odds aren't in our favour will only stall the game and give TR an uncontested kill during the Night phase. Even if we pick an innocent, that would mean that during the next Day phase the odds are slightly better.

Also, I agree that people being quiet now is most likely because the first day tends to be uneventful, but I am talking long term. If they remain quiet during this phase or the next, we'd be better off without them. Even if they aren't TR members, that would mean that we have less unpredictable factors in the game.

I haven't posted much because I haven't had much to say. However, I don't think Bleck being "experienced," is necessarily why he was picked to be killed. If you guys remember, both innocents and bad guys alike used this as their reasoning when voting for / being suspicious of Bleck. I just don't think we should automatically jump to "well he's just experienced at this game so that's why he was killed." Anyways, those are my thoughts so far. 

Well the alternative is that he was picked pretty much at random. It was the first night so presumably nobody had been able to use any powers yet or anything to learn anything about him, and he hadn't said much yet. The only feasible other explanation is that he was picked to make it look like more experienced players were the target, which doesn't change much, since we have already noted that we can't just immediately suspect older players since any players could be aware of who is experienced.

And yeah, i'm not going to add a 'you must post per day' rule. Posting is encouraged, and is part of the way the game is played. If you are posting, you are arguing your case for why you need to be kept in, and if you don't ever join in - then you shouldnt be in the game. Equally, its a good way of people discerning if they're innocent or not. It works both ways. So while I agree that people should post often, i'm not going to enforce a 'once a day' post. That's up to future game masters if they want to, but i'd disagree with it.