DayDreamer

Free!

61 posts in this topic

Oh yeah, the club has been around for a while. I was thinking that Aiko, being a transfer student, would also be a new member to the club. As for why there's only 3, perhaps the member who lured them into the club was actually thinking of quitting (perhaps in favour of the Astronomy Club) so he pulled out suddenly.

I think anyone can start whenever they feel like writing, really. XD If I start off, I can have Aiko introduce himself to the class as a new student, and subsequently show his love for swimming, resulting in being inducted into the swimming club.

Yaaay~ 

Good post, HH. Though I'm not sure who the boy at the end should be. I could find a way to pick it up and continue from there but I have a feeling DD will be posting before me, as I'm staying the night out tonight and likely won't be able to post until tomorrow night or Sunday. If not, though, I'll figure something out. C: 

The boy's probably the initial fourth swimmer who left before DayDay's character got in. I'll edit the post accordingly depending on how we set this up.

Sorry guys! I meant to work on a post today but I had to finish up a Halloween drawing for my blog. It'll be in the next day or two, promise. (: 

It's okay. I've been holding back on another roleplay for nearly a week. It'll be reaaally long before I can get back to this one too. XD

I'll take advantage of Sunset to stall a little longer myself: I'll post after Sunset does xD

All right guys, here I am - I haven't forgotten about you! I'm just fighting off a bit of sickness at the moment - as soon as I'm feeling more upright and stuff, I'm going to make a post. I think I've been a little stuck on it because I'm not sure how to approach it with Teiko, though. HH, do you think maybe you could edit the end a bit to have Teiko be the one standing there instead? I'll jump in with his dialogue. He would be looking at Aiko pretty intently, probably smiling, too. If we had some more details on the other guy I wouldn't mind having him there, I'm just not sure what to do with him, haha;;

Thanks, HH ♥ I do feel much better today, thankfully. 

And I posted! I'm, uh, a little rusty here, so sorry about that. I had to swerve around most of the details since a lot of our characters are unnamed and stuff. I'd hoped to have my other swimmer worked out before I made this post but no such luck. I'll have him done before my next post or so c: 

But yeah, I was unclear on some things. Like the guy who's quitting the team - has that already happened? And is the manager girl already appointed from the previous year, or will she be new, too? And umm, if it's summer, that means it's possibly near the end of their first term, right? So would they have had to start out with four members at the beginning of the year for the club to be already active? I might have been over-thinking all that a little haha;; 

I hope I didn't make you guys wait too long. I'm definitely still interested in getting all this going if you guys are C: 

I think the stuff you're unclear on is stuff we didn't really cover anyway yet. Uh, hm, what do yous think about those? xD

I'll try to get my post up this weekend anyway, and we can go from there.

I'm assuming the quitting guy either quit before the roleplay, or does so right at the start so they frantically look for someone.

As for the manager girl, that's DayDay's call.

As for summer, it actually marks the last term of the year. I believe people graduate right after the summer term or something, whereas the fall term's the beginning of the year. But yeah well we can assume there was a constant switching and mixing around of club members.

We could say the previous swimming team members (barring any of our characters who may start off in the team) resigned to focus on their final term before graduation, since they weren't die-hard swimmers anyway. And hm yes manager girl should be in the team already, so she can be all anxious about most of the team quitting, and eager to get a full team again.

EDIT:

Or maybe the previous manager quit too so manager girl is new to the role, hmmm

My second swimmer can be one of the only seniors to stay on the team for their final year. I was thinking he'd be a bit older anyway. He's probably been on the team since he started high school. Maybe he and the manager girl are the only two of the "old team" that are left? I have a feeling Teiko might have only been on for a year or so. 

Yeah, I wasn't sure about the timing of their school terms at all. Is it best for us to start near the end of the year, though? That'll be right before my senior guy graduates. Although, I guess that could create a little drama, them losing another member at the end of the year. Then Ueda will be fufufu-ing because they yet again won't have enough members for their club (unless he's about to graduate, too, I guess). And then they could have beach parties/go to festivals/etc. when school's over, haha~ 

As for quitting guy... I think he should quit during the roleplay, maybe right after Aiko joins. So everyone's under the impression they just need one more member, they get Aiko, and then the rug's kinda pulled out from under them again, and then - voila - DD's guy shows up and everything's okay again. I guess quitter will just be an NPC sort of fellow - either I can write him quitting and do a post between him and one (or both) of my dudes, so it wraps up quickly, or we can play it out with one of you guys writing him; doesn't matter to me. c: 

1 person likes this

I'm going to take some liberties with your characters to actually enable me to sort of move my post along. I'll keep things fairly general, but if you object to the way your character(s) are being portrayed as behaving, I'll just make edits. That makes it sound bad, but really I just mean I'm going to have them follow the manager when she tells them to come along xD

EDIT: Also with the manager girl's name, Yutaka means rich or plentiful, and Yamauchi means within the mountains. So she's plentiful in her mountains IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN. And yes Yutaka is a male name so I stuck with that trend.

Good stuuffff =u= Yutaka is funny, haha.

I'm gonna try to make my post today/tonight. So I'm writing the quitter, right? I guess I'll save that for my next post. Maybe DD's troublemaker dude doesn't come around until the next day? Just so it's not all too back-to-back and convenient.

Speaking of him, though, do you have much worked out about him, DD? I only have vague ideas about my second swimmer, maybe knowing a bit more about your guy will help me contrast accordingly. But if you don't have him worked out yet I'll just get creative c:

He's just gonna be all grumpy and potentially tsundere. That's just the basic idea I'm gonna build on when I post.

Okay, I made a post :3 

So yeah, I finally threw something together for my second swimmer. His name is Masumi; I haven't picked out a surname yet. Like I said, this is his last year of high school, so I figured I should factor in a bit of senioritis. : P He doesn't like to do a lot of hard work unless it's something he can win at, so when they don't have a competition coming up or something he's typically pretty lazy during practices. He obviously likes to swim, but I think he's not the Haruka type about it - more like he just wants to continue being around his friends, which is why he's stuck around so long. He's been on swim teams since he was a kid, though, I think. 

Concerning his attitude, he's going to be the dry, sarcastic sort, kind of. He jokes a lot (at others' expense, mostly), and he likes to give his friends a hard time/tease them, all in jest. He's exceedingly casual and generally friendly, though. Also I figured his being lazy will put him on the sidelines with DD's dude often in the beginning, enabling him to make some annoying quips and get them started on the road to rivalry~ 

EDIT: 

Also, forgot to mention, I just sort of guessed at Yutaka's sign. : P You guys are free to pick what signs you think your characters would be and let me know, or I can do my magic mumbo jumbo and just assign them. Doesn't matter~ 

Ooh ooh would Aiko be suited as a Libra? I thought that sounds right, but you're the expert~. And Michi was supposed to be Sagittarius, but he's an antagonist so it's a bit hard to portray.

Anyway, DayDay, do you have anything to post after this? If not I suppose I can whip up something.

I haven't thought about signs so I'll go with your guesses.

Hm I think it would be better to post my guy's intro after someone's post ends with the tragedy of a member of the team quitting, rather than beforehand. And I had an idea, what if Michi is the cause of the quitting team member? Like, maybe he puts the ideas in the guy's head that he should quit and focus on his studies (which can be what you post about next).

Libra is a good fit for Aiko, I think! C: Another option might be Cancer, or possibly Pisces. It depends on how emotional he is, I guess. Libras are a little more uhh technical and mentally focused, as air signs. If you think he might be more like a wishy washy watery sign, I would recommend one of those two. Air works well for him, though, and Libra is definitely the best option of the air signs, IMO. 

As for Michi... well, Sagittarius is really playful, and just a little too good-natured, I think. The typical signs one might use for an antagonist would be some broody earth or water sign like Scorpio or Capricorn, but I think he could still pass for a fire sign if you wanted him to. Aries and Leo are pretty similar; they can both be really dogmatic and self-centered, but Leo's pride is way off the charts. Aries may be too aggressive for him, though, so if you just want a hotheaded little grudging douchebag, I'd go with Leo. XD 

Howeverrr, if he's not the fiery type, Scorpio will also cover broody and grudging with some extra taunting in there, and underhanded passive-aggressive stuff. They're not usually as talkative, though. Capricorn might be a nice compromise, with pride, practicality, ambition, and venom all in one package. They also sorta have better people skills than Scorpio. [/astrolorambling] 

But, anywayyyy. I like that idea, DD. o: Though I guess that means the two clubs haven't really had issues in the past, if the guy is willing to listen to Michi about that, right? Depending on how Michi goes about it. Maybe he's just that clever. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead