Kyo

Protocol Zero [Closed]

5 posts in this topic

The year is 2030. The world is a technological marvel. Advances in science and computer innovation has lead to a world of convenience. Smartphones, Tablets, Computers are all connected to high speed internet connections with information at our fingertips like never before. With advances in cloud based storage, digital applications and modern software the people of this world are capable of interactivity and communication at any part of the world. With such marvelous technology available to us, we are in a time of great knowledge and freedom. Or at least that is how it should be.

In the case of the western world, we have reached an age of totalitarianism. While democracy is still considered our form of government, the corruption and censorship created by the government has lead to votes being swayed by fear. Choice is but an illusion. In the case of the USA, it appears that free thought is a thing of the past. The streets are filled with propaganda, a result of a government controlled media. CCTV is in operation in almost every corner of the cities, which have grown exponentially and become vast metropolises. Police are out in force, armed with semi automatic weaponry and consisting of bullies and thugs. Laws are strict and a nationwide curfew is in place.

New York is the most populated city on Earth. It's streets have been re-allocated into sectors, separated by large walls and government check points. Which sector you live in is down to your overall societal value. Low income workers, labourers and the unskilled are kept in high density sectors with harsher conditions. Whilst it is possible to live in more luxurious sectors, the high cost of education has created a system in which the wealthy continue to increase their knowledge and skill, as well as the abilities of their offspring, meanwhile the poor and unskilled stay that way, with little opportunity to progress and reach for loftier heights.

All the while there are grumblings of disappearances. Those who speak out against these conditions often disappear in time, swept away by an unknown force. Everyone knows the perpetrator but most are too afraid to do anything about it. And so we are forced to live our life one day at a time, going through the motions, fulfilling the routine enforced on us by the rich and powerful. We are but cattle, grazing in a wasteland, waiting to die. The media satiates us with false promises of convenience, innovation, prosperity and most of all, a bright and wonderful future with so many possibilities. A future that will never come to pass. Unless, of course, we make a stand.

All it takes is one person, a catalyst. Someone with the knowledge and skill to break down the walls that have been built around us. Someone who can provide a crack in the mainframe, allowing others to take a chance, and break through with sheer force and numbers. I am that person. My name is Echo. I offer for you all to join me in a revolution. No more will our lives be dictated by class. We will be judged by our boundless potential. We will be given choice and freedom once more. The end is nigh. They are watching, even now. But I am watching too. I am your beacon, your savior. I will be your sword and shield in this war against oppression. I will storm the front lines. All you must do, in order to succeed, is follow me into the unknown. I am watching. I am waiting. Seek me out.

Ex7Ptrr.png

This rp is about an underground activist group formed by the enigmatic young super-hacker, known only as Echo. It will contain elements of computer hacking which will be portrayed in a stylised visual format in order to make the process seem more interesting to the reader. It will also involve elements of rebellion, such as field missions that will involve instigating riots, espionage, fraud, information theft and other illegal activities associated with this kind of political activism. The overall concept is to tell a story about a small group, that eventually grows exponentially in number. The influences for this roleplay are real world events such as current issues to do with censorship, the whole issue with wikileaks, Julian Assange, as well as the hacktivist group Anonymous. It also draws inpsiration from the upcoming game, Watch Dogs, and various other stuff.

The RP is open but I am looking at it being only 3, maybe 4 people, including myself. I'll be quite picky about profiles as well, and calling dibs doesn't guarantee you a spot.

so without further ado. Here is my profile:

Name: Unknown

Alias: Echo

Place of Birth: Unknown

Appearance: http://i.imgur.com/zYFcDWC.jpg

Personality: Echo is best described as enigmatic. He is a complex individual with an incredibly introverted mind. Despite this he gives off an extroverted attitude at times. This is simply a mask. Echo is young, sarcastic, charming and has a spark that causes people to find inspiration from his words. He is exceptionally intelligent for his age. While his intentions, on the surface, seem pure, he is a manipulative person. He chooses to withhold information and convinces others to conduct his work as and when he sees fit. Underneath his complex exterior he is quite a depressed person, possibly struggling with un-diagnosed psychological issues. He can often seem blunt in his honesty, and is not afraid to upset people with his opinions.

Bio: Echo is young and lives alone. He does not appear to have a job and often locks himself up in his small apartment for days or weeks at a time. Socially he can be quite an awkward person, but he is exceptionally smart, especially with computers. His IQ is at a genius level, and his understanding of technology has allowed him to become one of the world's most accomplished hackers. He has created ripples of notoriety in certain underground societies on the internet, talking of forming a group in order to take down the government. He strives to bring freedom back to society, but beyond that his motives are unclear. He survives through a funds generated by a complex system he has put in place which periodically removes small amounts of money from bank account in high value sectors where the holders do not notice the small drop in wealth. While this does not generate him an inordinate amount of money, it does allow him to pay his rent, by his food and equipment and fund his operation to a basic extent.

Most notable is Echo's understanding of government security systems where he has developed a series of complex overrides allowing him to manipulate certain areas of the city, be it changing the data projected through digital billboards, unlocking and locking security doors, tapping communications devices such as phones and cameras. Online, Echo is one of the most dangerous and formidable hackers in existence. In person, however, he is but a scrawny young man, with very little skills to offer other than his insight, knowledge and leadership.

Oooo, this looks very, very interesting, but I'm in so many role plays already!

Arrrgggh!

>.<

Name: Unknown
Alias: Raven

Place of Birth: New York, Hell's Kitchen

Appearance: http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/Sephy_dude/wer3_zpscf6654c9.jpg

Personality: Though he can be patient and calculating, Raven is more of a rogue, prone to doing whatever he feels best at the time. Whether this is for the greater good, or for his own selfish desires. He can swing between vigilante hero to street thug depending on his motivation and situation. Despite his patience in general, he can have a short fuse to his temper when he does decide to let it loose. He is not against violence or crime and has even been known to kill in extreme cases. He can be a duplicitous person, difficult to trust, and impossible to know his ultimate motivation or driving force. A truly chaotic element in a city of regimented order.

Bio: Raven was born in Hell's Kitchen and had a difficult upbringing. He left home at age 12 when he realised that his mother would never stop taking the designer drug 'Hive' - a narcotic that would make heroin look like a flu jab, nor would his father stop beating him or his mother, so he left and made a living on the streets. For a while, he made many mistakes, and got caught on several occasions, but one day at age 16 he was caught stealing and was sent to prison for 5 years, without chance of parole. During his time, he learnt from those around him, prison tempered him further and taught him new skills. He brought his body to the peak of physical fitness with little time to do else and when he left, he vowed that he would not allow himself to be caged ever again.

These days, Raven spends as much time committing crime as he does helping the citizens of New York. He often preys on those he feels have too much, or those he considers to be the scum of society - but he is just as likely to commit atrocities or selfish acts if the mood takes him. He is loved and hated equally, by both the general populace and the police force. His main skills come from his physical prowess, free-running, marksmanship and hand-to-hand combat skills. He is also an adept pickpocket and cat burgler, but he dislikes technology, preferring instead to rely on his own abilities, than those of a computer's. 

Name: Annabel Leigh

Alias: Nyx

Place of Birth: Watertown, New York (upstate)

Appearance: http://milyknight.deviantart.com/art/Huh-384547082http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/199/3/0/female_crusader_enhanced_by_patriartis-d6e0tm5.jpg

Personality: Anna has a very tough exterior. She doesn't open up to people easily and because of that does not have any real friendships. Anna has a strong sense of right and wrong despite the fact that for a living she occasionally acts against her strong conscience. She has serious trust issues and only trusts herself with important tasks. Anna is quiet, she prefers to stand back and study others before acting. She is extremely competitive and tends to push herself too hard. 

Bio: Annabel was born in one of the last areas left that can be called rural. Her family at first lived far from the cities in upstate NY. Her mother was the daughter of aristocrats back in Manhattan, but after they were mysteriously murdered she had run off with Anna's father to live more simply. When Anna was 9 her mother, Jacqueline, was taken away by the government for stashing censored materials; manly books. She had left all of her inheritance to her husband to take care of Annabel and stay in the country away from large government corporations. However that is not what he did, after this incident Annabel's father, Dominique, had a complete personality change. Where before he was a loving carefree man, now he was cold and bitter. He spent the next five years immersing himself in politics and moved himself and Anna to New York City. He used their wealth to secure a place in the aristocratic secture of New York City and charged the ranks of the political system. Annabel grew up knowing that her father kept dark secrets and she never fully trusted him. She was schooled by the best tutors and trained to follow her father and be a politican. She attended college for political science, but when she graduated she instead turned to the police academy for a job. By now her father was the acting Mayor of New York City. Annabel convinced him to allow her to take the position by lieing and saying she wanted to eventually run the whole department. The idea of his daughter being Police Chief seemed like a good strategy to secure his political power and he allowed the career path to continue. The truth was that Annabel hated talking to people and had no intent on ever being a politician, being a cop was incredibly similar to being a soldier, no thinking, just orders and action. Annabel found solace in not thinking. The world was so messed up, out of control, and thinking made her question things that she should not question.

Anna has been a member of the police force for a year, she quickly rose the ranks and is known as a skilled officer. She is an expert in marksmanship and hand to hand combat. Recently Annabel has found herself curious about a rumor though, about hackers who talk of revolution against the government. She knows more than most how corrupt the system really is, her father has practically sold his soul for the position he is in and her desire for change compelled her to take a second identity. She is begining to live a double life, luckily no one around her has noticed yet. But she has to be extremely careful and trust no one. 

This profiles are good. Ill start it tonight. Closing this now.

1 person likes this

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead