Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Demonic Gate

Grail Wars Fate/Infinite

3 posts in this topic

I feel that perhaps this would be an interesting idea for an rp. For those unfamiliar with the Fate/Stay Night, Fate/Zero, etc series then I'll explain just a little so you can get into it a little easier.

A war for the Holy Grail occurs when seven powerful magi summon servants to fight over the ultimate prize. The Holy Grail grants any wish that is wished upon it. Thus, the competition for such a prize is usually met with quite a series of worthy/corrupt summoners. The summoners use their servants to defeat one another, either the summoner themself(Which would allow that summoner's servant to either fight on their own or be used by another. But for this rp's sake we'll just fight with servants.)or the servant, thus knocking out the summoner from the competition. This isn't exactly a formal thing, and the summoners can come from anywhere in the world as different types of magic have been used all around the world. 

The seven servants, are easy to understand. They are heroes from all across time whose powers are used by the summoner. Their names are kept secret and they are given titles. These titles are, Saber, Lancer, Archer, Rider, Caster, Berserker, and Assassin. Each has their strengths and weaknesses, and are not limited to real people. Anybody can truly be a servant as long as they are so well known that people across the world could recognize them. As such, King Arthur, Frankenstein, and John Lennon could be servants, but each must be given a proper class according to their 'history' to what makes sense to them. Therefore John Lennon can't exactly be a Saber, but he could be a Caster of sorts or a Berserker, as anyone can be a Berserker(They lose any form of who they used to be and become dangerously destructive beings that only their summoner can control.) 

Finally, each servant has a Noble Phantasm. This is displayed as their most powerful quality, which could range from a weapon they own which has a special ability, a constant affect that they possess(Such as anything they touch can become a weapon[Lancelot from Fate/Zero] or they possess 12 lives[Hercules from Fate/Stay Night]), a mount in the case of Rider, or something else if given proper explanation and within reason.

So with that said, in hopes that some people take interest, I'll leave this up and wait to see if people start taking servants, then we can get a destination of the war set up and start this whole song and dance. I'll wait to pick my servant for those who might want something specific.

OMG yeah, although I've not really been active in the RP department, this sounds totally interesting.

Do I have to say the name of my servant already? xD

Heh, we can know the servant probably from what their ability will be, but 'in-character' let's keep it to being unaware. What was your idea Drag?

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0