Seanzilla

[Day Phase] Sith Among Us [Mafia VI]

443 posts in this topic

So what are we doing then? If we're going to be pro-active we should at least be discussing the possibilities. Will we possibly take out an innocent, no doubt - but the Sith people ARE going to take out an innocent every night. If we have the chance of taking one of them out, we should take it. That's my opinion, anyway.

I still don't understand the Jedi Padawan thing. So he can turn evil if certain conditions are met, but he's not actually evil yet? How does that make sense in the movies, may I ask? (considering I'm a Star Wars n00b) Or is this a non-canon feature?

But anyway, on the topic itself, does this mean the Sith actually killed a potential Sith?

Yes it's quite like the movies. Essentially the whole driving point of all the movies is one Jedi falling prey to the seductions of the evil side. It doesn't necessarily have to be a Padawan though, but a Padawan is like a Jedi in training so they're theoretically young and impressionable, easily led astray.

I'm going to suppose that the death of the Padawan Asura means the Sith aren't aware of who the Padawan are. It sounds like the role in the cookie mafia game where if the bad guys tried to kill the person, the person would join them instead. However this time it would seem that isn't the method for recruiting.

The Sith dun goofed.

Edit: or actually, it says if the Jedi visit the Padawan, the Padawan cannot be converted then. So maybe that's what happened: the Jedi and Sith both visited Asura, and the Jedi counted first, so instead of turning to the dark side he just died.

*eyes mist with tears* I can imagine the scene now.

SITH: Now join ussss, Asura. You know you like power. And we have purple lightsabers. Purple pwns green.

Asura: NOOO! The Jedi have visited and I've reaffirmed my loyalties! I fight for the good of the people! I'd rather die than join you!

SITH: O RLY?

Asura: YA RLY!

SITH: Then... dieeeee!

And that was how Asura was slain in slow motion, his eyes brimming with tears as the lightsaber burned his cheek. Maybe he didn't dare to cry out in case the visiting Jedi heard and came back and got embroiled in the tussle too! And so he died choking honourably, his thoughts still with the Jedi at his last breath!

OH ASURAAA. *prostrates before him*

Also, his bodyguards were just lounging around the entire time. It turned out they got concert lightsticks instead of real lightsabers, so they were kinda useless, and eventually died too, a lot more shamefully. Can I hire DayDay as my bodyguard instead? (unless he's Sith and wants to assassinate me)

Anywayy! On a more serious note, I find it surprising that the Sith decided to kill Asura, considering he was sorta the target of suspicion during the Day Phase, or at least DragonGuard was pretty keen on that. If DG had had his way a few more turns, we might've voted him out already... hmmm...

(dayday what does this mean)

OH ASURAAA. *prostrates before him*

Totally read that as "prostates".

1 person likes this

Don't worry everyone, detective ack will solve this crime with her amazing eye for detail.

1 person likes this

I must say no one seems particularly suspicious at all, but if I were to pick someone, Imma go with Sunset (but really, just going out on a limb here).

I've been re-reading her post about always being on the good side, and wanting to be a cool evil villain for once, and somehow... somehow I just think she's springing something on us. I can just imagine her revealing that she is in the end the dark cool evil villain. Plus, this was right after Valentine was talking about himself always being the good guy so far as well, and it may have inspired her to make this post to throw off suspicion in some subtle way.

Not much basis for this guess, of course.

Ok guys, maybe it's something like this:

There are a few sith (2 or 3), and one of them is the sith overlord.

The sith decide together which player to kill.

The sith overlord has a special power to visit people in order to convert them, but that is aside from the whole killing phase.

And I think the jedi also have an overlord guy.

It might even be something like: if sith overlord visits jedi overlord, he dies. If jedi overlord visits sith overlord, he dies. If they visit each other, they both die.

Not sure though, but I'm guessing it's something like that.

Also, I hadn't considered the possibility that there were convertible players, there might just be 2 sith who can increase their ranks with padawans.

suspecting Sunset for that suspicously specific denial of being evil... I dont know, I thought that of Ack last game and she was Nurse Joy. (and YES i was TR last time but it was my first run and i needed the practice)

The idea of a sith overlord did cross my mind DG. However we have no info on the jedi so who knows how much the factions differ?

my first guess was that we have a protector and an investigator as jedi, maybe another, and it doesnt have to be a mirror of the sith (also the overlord idea does reinforce the Rule of two theory, as they CAN increase their ranks) but while the Sith can increase their ranks, the jedi can reinforce the group with those visits.

I dunno, leHast, that's not much of a reason to suspect someone really. The question on my mind is: Are Jedi Padawans the only role which can be converted by the Sith? If so, what happens if a Sith tries to convert someone else? I don't know whether they know who the Padawans are, but it's unlikely that Sean would make the game that simple. Which means they'd either have to resort to random attacks... or intelligent guesses, depending on the consequence of trying to convert a non-Padawan.

Did anyone get some sort of suspicious message in the last Night Phase? Those are the kinds of clues we should be looking for, I think.

Okay, i'll share my first suspicions here. This isn't iron-clad by any means, but I feel like i've at least got some thoughts to share. Firstly, as to Sunset, when I commented on the games being random and always being a good guy, Sunset jumped on my comment pretty quickly. I don't know if she was just agreeing with me, but it felt very sudden, and I was a little surprised. Second, I don't know where DragonGuard is necessarily getting this Sith information.

I remember in the previous game DayDreamer fed us a little information that was true in order to seem like a good guy, and this seems like the same tactic as DragonGuard tonight. He gives us a little factual information, disguised as 'theory' so that should it be found out that the Sith do indeed have that power, then he will be far from suspicion. I'm not going to cast a vote just yet, because I can't be sure of either of these observations, but nevertheless, i'm watching you two.   O_O

Okay, i'll share my first suspicions here. This isn't iron-clad by any means, but I feel like i've at least got some thoughts to share. Firstly, as to Sunset, when I commented on the games being random and always being a good guy, Sunset jumped on my comment pretty quickly. I don't know if she was just agreeing with me, but it felt very sudden, and I was a little surprised. Second, I don't know where DragonGuard is necessarily getting this Sith information.

I remember in the previous game DayDreamer fed us a little information that was true in order to seem like a good guy, and this seems like the same tactic as DragonGuard tonight. He gives us a little factual information, disguised as 'theory' so that should it be found out that the Sith do indeed have that power, then he will be far from suspicion. I'm not going to cast a vote just yet, because I can't be sure of either of these observations, but nevertheless, i'm watching you two.   O_O

Hmm I see your point.

But the idea got triggered by the padawan (Asura) who apparently could become both good and bad.

Then I thought: 'what would I do if I created this game'.

And well, what I wrote above pretty much came out of it, a system with a high reward, small chance of risk yet a high impact if the risk is met.

It makes this an interesting game.

So far I've not yet got a truly firm suspicion of anyone else, so I'll keep lurking for a while.

My conclusion from this is that DragonGuard makes a very creative Game Master. He should make the next mafia game. XD

Anyway I'm glad to see support from Valentine, but Red Alpha has a point (I mean, aside from the "actually a baddie" bit). It does sound like a flimsy excuse, but it's just something to go upon.

I don't actually think DG's suspicious. He's a bit too obvious with his ways. Baddies would I think be a lot subtler than that. XD

In a realistic world, HH. But we're not exactly in that situation, are we? lol. Still, I agree.

What I will say is HH is new and thus we dont know her tactics. Im not saying she's done anything suspicious but its important to keep in mind that new players can be tricky to peg down.

I dont suspect DG as he hasnt changed much from previous games.

derp

EDIT: The Day Phase will end in about 18 hours at 10PM CET.

No votes have been cast yet.

Edited by Seanzilla

I'm going to regret this but we need to take action. with no solid leads we have the choice of again not voting or we take out an inactive. Sunset has again contributed little to the discussion and unless someone can give a good reason not to remove her I'm going to say we pick Sunset.

I really... don't know. I'm kinda scared we don't vote DragonGuard, and it turns out he was the baddie all along. That said, I trust Blackfrost's judgment.

Since I suggested Sunset, I guess I shall stick with her. But Red Alpha's thing about him having done it before and been wrong makes me just a bit reticent. I'd really like to be surer.

Sunset it is then.

Others have been quiet too in fairness. Ill do my usual and wait until the final hour before casting my vote.

Haha I'd love to do that too but I can't be sure I'll be online before time runs out. And asking DayDay to help me post has... some legal implications. XD

Hmm I have no firm believe in who to suspect just yet.

Asura I had a fairly strong feeling towards (somewhat wrongly I must admit) but now... not so sure.

I'm not comfortable with voting for Sunset on such a flimsy reason. Even though Blackfrost has a point that DG hasn't changed since the last few games, his behavior still gives me more reason to doubt him than anyone else. His posts suggest that he holds a role that knows something about the whole jedi-sith visiting at night thing.

Thinking back on how the various roles would possibly act, I'd think that the Sith would have reason to play defensively this game. One of their potential allies is already out, and if they have a second chance I'd think they'll probably try to identify who are the remaining Padawans before striking again. That being said, I'm rather suspicious of Bleck. Reading back on the past few Mafia games, he's always been one of the more astute and observant ones (except the Pokemon one where he was taken out immediately). This game, however, he hasn't been appearing or contributing at all. Why is that?

I don't think I really want to vote for Sunset, she's given me less reason than some to be voted off. But i'll wait and see what the votes do and consider my final choice before I make a vote. Even so, Sunset seems like a bit of a feeble choice at this point in the game.