AmAjOrNeWb

G First Day of Class - This role Play is open to any and all.

90 posts in this topic

[OOC: Be warned. I am rusty like a Kansas pickup.]

Wow! I'm the first one here. Great...first one the first day and so everyone is going to think I'm the pet. They'll only notice my hand-me-down shoes and tattered jacket. They won't even think of getting to know me before jumping in with insults. I bet even the teacher will laugh at the jokes, she's already looking at me in that weird adult way. I'm such a dunce sometimes; I should have waited in the bathroom until SOMEONE else showed up.

This seat is so uncomfortable. Grimy blue plastic with a chipped and faded fold over desk, and such a friendly reminder etched into the particle board "These are the best days of your life," followed of course, by the Jolly Roger. I wish I was home schooled. No having to meet new people, no fake smiles, no secret tears. I hate this place already. Maybe if I start drawing the others will just leave me alone.

Unzipping his backpack the awkward, lonely looking young man removes his supplies. A notebook and a finely sharpened, black, number two pencil. It's important to note the point is pristine, perfection is never compromised. And he begins to draw. The basics an oval, with what looks like the beginning of a neck and tail protruding. Two large arches placed high above the back. His pencil moves silently, his hand never making a move which was not sactioned by his mind. Never before has anyone been more calm, more focused, more assured. He is completely lost in thought and does not even notice the teacher exiting the room. He has solitude.

[OOC: Again rusty, but I think it can be worked with. Any advice is appreciated as are compliments. If we compliment each other on good posts and offer friendly advice for the others, we could bring about an incredible community. Bring it on oldies, I can take the punishment.]

With his breath wheezy and painfully at the top of his lungs, his glasses slightly tilted on his nose, his hair in disarray and his shirt halfly-tucked in his pants he came running into the classroom. "I'm sorry I'm late!" He shouted before he even saw who was inside. What felt like a million faces turned to him, a crowd of judgmental eyes stared at him, angry, confused, and older. A grey-haired teacher stared at him for a bit, his blackboard scribbled with a million equations and incomprehensible symbols behind him.

“What is it you are looking for kid?†He said with a voice that seemed to echo in the perfect silent of the room. “My name is Thomas sir, and I’m in class C-1. This is room 408 right? It’s my first day here and I'm quite confused by the whole layout but I’m sure, so I am a bit later but I hope that isn’t bad, I’ll just sit down and….†He tried to explain but teacher raised an eyebrow. “Son, this is classroom 203, you should go upstairs twice and then to your right.†He quietly explained, some students started chuckling. Thomas gave a pained and discouraged sigh. “Thank you sir!†he shouted and was out of the door before any more could be said.

He ran upstairs, tripping over the very last step, falling face-first in the hallway. He scrambled up and ran into the right classroom, heaving from the running. “I’m sorry I’m late!†he shouted again, his hands on his knees, trying to catch his breath. He looked around the class room, which was completely empty except for one other boy. Thomas gave another pained sigh. “I must have read the time wrong… this is horrible… I’m such a…†He muttered to himself.

He walked to the table closest to the blackboard and started unpacking his schedule book, timetable, books, pens, pencils, erasers, asthma medicine and the rest of the contents of his backpack.

[OOC: Yup I just felt the rust break off of me... But this is fun!]

1 person likes this

“I’m sorry I’m late!†

Snap.

Dang it! Ruined.

His instument of passion gone in less than a second. His focused posture was now slack, his effort in vain, his art destroyed. He looked up to the intruder. Hazel eyes scanning the Harry Potter-esque boy.

I can't believe I broke a pencil over that. It wasn't his fault, but who reads the scheduled time wrong? And who would run into a class that they thought would be full; yelling? He's pretty brave to be honest... I'd have just slunked into the back somewhere as quietly as possible. And he's sitting up front. This guy might just be my ticket out of ridicule.

Hey, try and keep it down next time. I broke a pencil when you yelled. Who misreads the starting time for class anyway? Wouldn't you want to wait as long as possible before getting here?

Her backpack as straight as her skirt, she clip-clopped down the hallway with her face looking downward to the slightly weathered looking floor tiles that resonated the footprints of many students before her. Her arms were folded in front of her as she walked, clutching the books she'd been told to bring on her first day. Li was always prepared, and as such had read the books over the summer to make sure she was fully up-to-date. 

Her hair, bound up in a high ponytail with only a few wisps out of place, it bounced along as she trotted around the corner and in sight of the first classroom of the day. Always one to be sure, she stopped at the sign outside the door which marked the lessons within. 

Yep, I'm in the correct classroom alright. I'll most likely be the first one to arrive, as usual. 

Being so prepared as she was and so focused on her studies, Li found little time for friends. She was not one to be seen bounding in with a clique, and she was always on time, if not a little early. Although saddened by it and longing for a group to call her own; the books she read had become her friends. 

She took a big sigh, nervous about the day ahead but, because of her reserved and mature nature, you'd never know it. She walked in confidently to the classroom, and noticed with a sharp halt that she was not the first one in there - terribly unusual, and though she had previously been dismayed by the thought that she would most likely be the first student to be seated and ready, she felt herself inwardly flushing with a wave of annoyance that people had beaten her to it. 

Not wanting to appear rude, Li gave the students a hurried and awkward smile, though their eyes did not meet. Promptly, she resumed her orderly walk to the desk at the front-corner of the classroom, pulled out the chair and sat down in a ladylike fashion. In a military-manner, she proceeded to put out her black pencil case and notebook, before finally laying out her study books in the order she knew she would need them, straightened up her shoulders, folded her arms and bowed her head; ready for the class to begin, and upon reflection, thankful that she was at least third in the classroom. She now wouldn't have to awkwardly interact with anyone else that entered the room. 

Thomas hunched down when the other boy started scolding him. "I... I-I'm sorry" he said meekly, fervently avoiding eye-contact. Just as he expected more scolding from the boy he was saved by a tidy girl walking in. He stared for a second at her before he noticed her smile, he returned the smile, knowing it looked awkward and awful. His face turned red and he went back to staring to the blackboard. He was glad his conversation with the other boy was over.

He sighed quietly, his first day and he already managed to make the first two people in his class hate him. The boy because he broke his pencil because of him and the girl because he is just a complete creep around girls. He sulked down a bit deeper and hated himself even more than usual. In order to pass the time he started to clean his glasses, feeling the eyes of both the boy and the girl burning a hole in his back. Telling himself he was just imagining it didn't quite convince him.

He wondered what their names were but he had absolutely no idea how to start a conversation so he just had some pretend conversations in his head, each of which ended with either the boy or the girl hitting him for being rude or saying something offensive. He decided on staying quiet for a while, or maybe longer than a while, maybe forever.

Once again he wished he could just be invisible, to just disappear and just roam the earth without having to be around people... his mind wandered at the thought and without realising he was staring blankly at the teacher's desk, the slight hint of a smile on his face.

Maybe I was a little rough on him. I mean, I don't even know his name. I'll just introduce myself and apologize.

Before he moves he notices a girl enter the room. He is drawn to her immediately, drawn to perfection. He notices her skirt. The perfect creases, not a wrinkle to be found. No stray strings sprouting from the stitching. Immediately he was moved; for it meant that she cared for something as much as he did. She had a passion and he wanted to know what it was. For a moment he was distracted by her slight smile before remembering the boy.

"Hey," sprang forth from his lips as he walked over to young man's desk, "I'm sorry about snapping. I didn't even notice anyone else walk in. I'm Frank, nice to meet you."

If I can make friends before the louder kids arrive this entire situation might become so much more tolerable.

Extending his hand, he smiles, shyly.

Li noticed the room become deathly quiet after she had sat down, and now hoped that people would arrive, to avoid her having to make awkward conversation with anyone to fill in the time. It's not that she was unsociable, or unfriendly - she was just an introvert who didn't do very well in conversation. 

She longed to be the bubbly type, she knew that if she could only open herself up to friends that she would have a lot of fun. But her neat exterior often put people off. They assumed she was rigid, dismissive. 

She gave a slight jump when the student behind her sprang up from his desk to speak to the other guy in the classroom. They would talk to each other and it would be fine, but she would have to shuffle around her desk to not appear uncomfortable at being silent while a conversation happened. 

Unfortunately it was out of her control, as she nervously placed a hand to her cheek her pen rolled off the side of the desk. It could have been an anvil, it sounded so loud to her. She watched it fall off in slow motion as her cheeks flushed bright red - she looked at it a few seconds, knowing that once she bent down to scoop it up, she would be drawing attention to herself. She did so in a slow, swan like motion, not helping but look behind her as she did so and catch the eye firstly of the student who was stood up, then to the student sat at his desk. She noticed the difference in character by the way they held themselves. The former, seemed somewhat composed and more similar to her, it was something she felt drawn to - though seemingly he more confident. The second, seemed a little more unravelled, but he had a childlike worry in his eyes. If only she knew how to put people at ease!

She felt silly and awkward, and snapped her body back around to look once again at the teachers desk. Noticing the time, she wondered what was taking the teacher and the rest of the class so long to get here, when she began to hear the chitter chatter of groups of people walking down the hallway.

Thomas gave a start at the sudden sound of the boy behind him. "I-I'm... Thomas and I am sorry about the pencil I.. I really didn't mean to..." He struggled with his words, he wasn't used to people talking to him. He avoided any eye contact with Frank and gave weak, somewhat sweaty hand in greeting.

Just as he shook Frank's hand he heard a soft sound from behind Frank. He looked at the girl and saw her pick up her pen with a smooth and confident motion. He just wished he was as awesome as she was, with her confidence he was sure he could do anything. Maybe even stand up to some jerks sometimes. He stared at her a bit too long and accidentally made eye-contact with her. He tried to smile at her but his face just jerked into a somewhat half-smile which he knew was hideous and probably freaked her out. Seeing how she straightened herself out again after making eye-contact with him proved that he was right.

He heard some sounds from the hallway and he both wished Frank would go away and that he would stay. He knew that he'd ruin the status of anyone who was seen around him, yet at the same time he kind of liked Frank, at least he talked to him normally, not trying to piss him off or whatever. Then again, probably everyone would be picking on him once the whole class was together, they always did. He didn't like it, but he was used to it by now so it wasn't that bad.

Shawyne Clearwater to a deep sigh as she entered into the school front office on the first day. She was a new teacher and had no idea what to expect. Of course she had some previous experiences volunteering but the students were young, many of them had just started school for the first time. This year she had moved up to teaching high school. Butterflies flitted around in her stomach. She was taking over for the writing department. The last teacher unexpected quit due to special circumstances. At least that was what she was told when the administrative hired her. Tucking a strand of chocolate brown hair that escaped from her braid behind her ear Shawyne took another deep breath before clearing her throat.

“Pardon me; I’m looking to find what classroom I’ll be in.â€

The receptionist glanced her way through the horned glasses and huffed irritated. “Your classroom is listed on your schedule that you received in the mail. Now if you have somehow managed to lose your schedule, which I’m sure you have, you will have to wait until I can pull up your records from your student ID.†Bright green eyes blinked in confusion as her head cocked to one side.

â€œForgive me, I don’t mean to appear uncooperative but I do not have a student ID, you see…â€

The receptionist turned fully towards Shawyne now interrupting her, the look of exasperation clear on her face. “Fine, since you apparently want to be difficult with me I can send you to the Principal. School hasn’t even started and already I have students causing me grief. What’s your name kid?†Struggling to remain calm Shawyne plastered a smile on her lips, her fingernails digging into her palms.

“My name is Shawyne Clearwater. I’m the new writing teacher, taking over for Ms. Henders.†The look of frustration drained out of the receptionist’s face when she finally understood Shawyne wasn’t a student. “Oh goodness, you look like a child who should be attending not teaching. I’m sorry, you’re in room 408.†And with that Shawyne was waved off.

Befuddled Shawyne mentally imagined herself. Yes, she had often been told she had the face and body of an 18 year old but never has anyone just automatically judged her for it. Straightening her pencil shirt and button up blouse Shawyne made her way up the massive set of stairs towards her classroom. By the time she had reached the end of the stairs, the brunette was starting to regret wearing her favorite heels. Taking a quick glance as she passed a window Shawyne checked her deep red lipstick and dark lined lids. She didn’t think she appeared provocative but after a second look Shawyne wasn’t too sure. Too late now. She stepped into her classroom confidently and found three students there already.

“Oh, well good morning. I had thought the class would have been fuller by now but no matter. I’m Ms. Clearwater. And your names are so that I may start on attendance?†Removing a sparkly purple pen from her purse Shawyne poised over the roll sheet waiting to mark who was here already as more students shuffled in the classroom.

Before he could respond to Thomas or the girl the door to the clssroom opened. In stepped a very attractive young woman introducing herself as Ms. Clearwater.

She's not the teacher...is she? She looks way too young.

"I'm Frank," he said instantly enthralled by her presence, "Frank Thomas. No! Wait, I mean, this is Thomas. Frank Ricci, I'm Frank Ricci."

Embarassed and now bright red Frank turned tail and returned to his seat. Immediately putting his into his folded arms.

Smooth move Franky, very smooth. I wonder if that girl noticed? What am I saying? Of course she noticed, everyone did! She had nice eyes too, now she'll just consider me a clown. One heck of a great year this'll turn out to be. Poor Thomas felt more nervous shaking my hand than I did responding to Ms. Clearwater. I should sit by him, at least I know his name.

Frank gathered his things and positioned himself inbetween the girl and Thomas. He felt a little more comfortable being around those whom were also early.

"Hey Thomas, I hope you don't mind me sitting here?" He asked kindly, "You seem like a nice guy."

As he took his new seat he glanced over at the girl nervously. His eyes searching for any hint of her emotion toward him. He just gave his most sheepish smile and began to remove his needed materials from his bag.

Looking at Thomas he assured, "don't worry about the pencil man, I'm just a little OCD about those things. Luckily, I always have a ton of them on me."

Still slightly flushed from having drawn attention to herself, Li began to feel a little better that neither of the two other students had said anything about it. 

Clearing her throat, she pulled out her timetable and ran her finger over the lessons throughout the day, taking it all in. She was excited about them allShe was more excited this year particularly as this was the year they got to choose subjects. There was obviously still the compulsory basics - but all in all Li was happy with her choices. Writing was one of the classes they all had to take, but even so, she was happy to be there. Writing, as well as getting lost in a book, was one of Li's happiest pastimes, getting lost in her thoughts was a frequent occurrence.

Her attention was drawn upwards as another person entered the room. When the woman didn't sit down with the other students Li was confused, and suddenly with a raised eyebrow realised she was the teacher. She tried to hold back a smile but couldn't contain it, and cocked her head to the side, resting it in her hand, as a thoughtful look crossed her face. She was happy because this meant there was a young woman she could relate to - someone she might be able to talk to about studying who wouldn't think she was uncool or weird.

As she raised her head again, Li heard Frank address the teacher. Of course she would be the recipient of the male students' attentions, she was very attractive and clearly not far from their own age. She gave a little sigh and opened her notebook and wrote her name on the first page. Lily Littlewing. 

Once she had written her name perfectly, she glanced up to find Frank giving her a sheepish smile. She held her gaze for a moment, not really sure what the right thing to do was. She realised she must probably look confused and awkward, so whilst bobbing her head down a little, she half smiled back, and quickly turned her gaze to Thomas, then to Ms. Clearwater. She wanted to make a really good impression on the teacher, so, confidently, she addressed her.

"Hello, I'm Lily.". After she had spoken, she lowered her gaze back down to the two other students. "Hello." She nodded at Thomas, then at Frank. 

The classroom suddenly filled up with other classmates, and they were in cliques. She couldn't understand why they were so late. As they rustled around, finding their seats, playing jokes on each other, trying to impress one another. Eventually, the noise dampened down, as people sluggishly prepared for their first lesson. 

Thomas jumped in his chair as the girl came in, he was even more surprised when she told them she was the teacher. He didn't know what to say for a few moments, when he came back to his senses Frank had stepped in before him. Even Frank seemed to be surprised by the girl, he seemed to stutter a bit. After Frank the other girl introduced herself, Lily she said her name was. After which she smiled confidently at him. Once again he wished he had her confidence and grace, she seemed so collected and cool. He thought she must have been from a rich family or anything to be that gracious. He just hoped she would refrain from bullying him though, even girls seemed to have fun with that at times.

Thomas gave a small cringe as Frank sat down next to him, he didn't mind at all, although other people did make him nervous, but he cringed for the social suicide Frank was committing. Thomas knew he wasn't the cool kid, and he knew he wouldn't get friends again this year, but he didn't want to put that fate onto Frank. For a very brief moment he thought if maybe him and Frank could be friends, but he shook the thought, no one as cool as Frank would be friends with him. Startling he realized Frank had asked a question. "Oh no, um. no, I uh... don't mind." As Frank told him not to worry about the pencil he muttered another "sorry".

He gave an awkward smile to the teacher, not knowing what to say because Frank already introduced him. So he just looked down at his books, which already had dents and scratches on them. His father always told him to be more careful with his stuff, but he just didn't know how these things happened, when he packed his books this morning they were fairly unscathed, now they were a lot more damaged. He thought about what his father would say and he cringed again, wondering why he always had to be such a useless, awkward, klutz.

The sound of dancing steps was audible outside of the class room. Zoey knew she was late, but that really didn't matter to her. Her large black and lime green headphones were secured on her ears blocking out all other sounds. The head phones acted as a head band over her short, messy, shoulder length, platinum blonde hair. She did a bit of a twirl to the music in her ears as she approached the classroom door. Her eyes were closed and lost in the rhythm. Finally she stopped and her bright green orbs were visible for all to see. Zoey had remarkably large and beautiful eyes, the kind of eyes that were usually associated with baby animals. Her whole stature was cute, from her small height at 5'2'' to her pale slender frame. The short blue,green, and brown plaid skirt she wore still drifted to the side after she had stopped from the momentum of her dancing. She also wore a short sleeve white button up shirt, not tucked in and with the first three buttons undone, which revealed a tight lime green tank top underneath. Her legs showed off some white knee high socks, and her feet rested comfortably in a pair of brown and white vans skater shoes. 

Zoey leaned against the right side of the door frame as she examined the room and finally took off her headphones in one majestic swoop of her left hand. Her gaze drifted to the teacher at the front of the room. It was apparent by the cute smile her pink lips curled into mixed with the arch in her eyebrows that she had pondered quickly the same odd age of their teacher that everyone else had noticed. However this was only for a moment before she brightly spoke up.

"Sorry if I am late! I'm Zoey Lawson"

Zoey stood back up and scanned the room for where to sit. Her usual M.O. was to find the obvious class A student and sit directly behind them. However, everyone here seemed to be in the intelligent category so she couldn't really go wrong. Zoey smiled again when her eyes met Li. This girl must be up tight, she thought to herself. Which in Zoey's mind made her the lucky winner of Zoey's attention. She walked right over and flopped down into the seat behind Li. Her brown leather backpack was thrown down on the ground next to her.

"Is this seat taken?" She asked, but she wasn't really expecting an answer. Zoey then lazily leaned over taking out a notebook and a pen. She didn't have many school related items in her bag, it was mainly filled with candy and camera supplies. Zoey liked to consider herself a moderate photographer. Meaning she had never actually taken any classes, but was hardly ever seen without her Canon 7D or her Leica M6. Currently the Leica was actually on a band around her neck. She now took the camera off and delicately placed it inside her bag. As she put the camera away, Zoey swiped up a starburst and tossed it up a little in the air. She caught the candy in her mouth, wrapper and all. 

Zoey made a couple cute and funny facial expressions before her fingers seductively pulled the empty wrapper out from between her lips. She caught eyes with Thomas while doing this and after she was done raised her brows up and down a couple times as if silently saying; Impressive right?

(( ooc: hope this fits in okay :D ))

Shawyne nodded at each student as they introduced themselves before lowering her focus to her attendance sheet, marking their names. Taking a mental note Shawyne glanced over in the front corner where the three early students sat. I wonder…

The bell rang bringing her from her thoughts and into the first class. “Alright, hello there everyone. My name is Ms. Clearwater Welcome to writing. Normally writing would be attached to reading in the form of grammar but this year the school has decided to split the two and expand grammar into writing in general. In class we will…†Shawyne’s attention train was derailed as another student walked into the room. The young female introduced herself as Zoey and took a seat behind Lily. “Yes Ms. Lawson, you are late but that is alright. See me after class though. Now where was I?†Shawyne twiddled her thumbs for a moment to regain her thoughts.

Sitting gracefully on the top of her desk Shawyne slipped off her heels, revealing petite feet with toenails painted a bright purple. Crossing a lean toned leg over the other at the knee relaxing just a little.

“You guys don’t mind do you? Feel free to tell me and I’ll slip them back on. So back to what I was saying. In class we will not only focus on grammar but we will focus on the different aspects of writing. We will work on poetry, creative writing such as fictional work, non-fictional work, scripts for movies and plays, writing biographies of your classmates; it will be a busy year. My rules for the class is to enjoy, be yourself, ask questions. Be honest and up front with me and I will do the same to you. As you can see I am not a traditional teacher and while I expect there to be a level of respect between us feel free to view as an equal and not your superior. Feel free to talk to me if you need to, my door is always open and I will always have time for you. Any questions?â€

Green eyes scanned the room casually for a raised hand. A voice from the doorway barked out and startled her off the desk. “Ms. Clearwater, why are you doing? Shoes kicked off and sitting on the desk. You are an instructor. If you plan on teaching here, you will act like one.†The receptionist from earlier stared at her disapprovingly, disgusted by her level of relaxation. “Be glad I will not speak to the principal about this.†Turning hautily on her heel the receptionist left leaving Shawyne gazing blankly at the door. Turning to the students with a sly grin Shawyne shrugged her delicate shoulders. “Anyone know what her problem is? No? Ok, well anyway so can I have everyone take out a sheet of paper or spiral and a pen-slash-pencil. Your first assignment for the day, I want you to write about your summer. Easy right? Here’s the catch I do not want to know what you did. I want to know what you would have done if you could. Please be creative, there are no limits on how creative you get with this assignment. Show me what you’ve got. This will last you through the entire class period. When class is over place them on my desk. You may begin.â€

Shawyne took her seat behind the front desk and took out her own notebook and started writing her own summer story. Time seemed to fly by and the ending bell rang. Smiling brightly Shawyne took the papers from each student until she came to Zoey.

“Zoey, so I won’t really mark you down for being late but do try to be on time next time. Now to make up you being late today all I ask is for you to take a picture to go with your summer story. Yeah, I saw your camera; I must say it’s very nice. Now run off to class…Oh also, hopefully I’m not imposing upon you, may I have one? I have a thing for starbursts.†Shawyne smiled brightly at her and watched her leave and gathered her materials together in preparation for the next class.

Zoey had been ready to be bored to death by this class, but the way it had unfolded she found herself quite amused. First, when the teacher had kicked off her shoes Zoey's eyes had expanded a little and a quiet chuckle had escaped her. When Shawyne had been scolded in front of the class and afterwards remarked about the receptionist having a problem Zoey couldn't hold back a full out laugh. Clearly this would be a class she looked forward too. With the announcement of the assignment she had twittled her pen in her hand a couple times. She was thinking through what she would write about before pen hit paper. Zoey bit the back of her pen and chewed it a tad bit as she thought. What she had done that summer was exactly what she had wanted to do, lots of hiking and traveling, with her camera to document the whole experience. However this adventure had been kept relatively close to home. If she could do ANYTHING than it would be similar, but across vast distances. This was what she would write about. A joyful light took over her facial expression as she finally started to scribble down her imaginary summer adventure.

Zoey couldn't help, but get a bit carried away...

Her adventure started in Kyoto, Japan with Geishas than made its way to Macau, China where she waged all of her money on a game of poker and lost, but this set back eventually became a blessing. Next up was Phuket, Thailand where poor and moneyless she had to rely on the kindness of strangers. She eventually joined the Full Moon festival where she danced and celebrated with the locals and immersed herself in the culture. When it was time to move on she found her way to Namdroling Monastery in India where she lived in silence with Buddhist monks. Even though that experience was enligteneing she mentioned that silence wasn't really her thing. She was able to stow away on a boat that was leaving, having no idea where she might be heading, but ready for more adventure. Zoey now found herself in the beautiful tropical Island off the coast of Africa also known as Madagascar. Here Zoey truly felt she could stay forever, living off the land and thriving with the local inhabitants. It was perfect, but Zoey knew she couldn't stay. She started a little coffee shop and when she had enough money saved up she bought a ticket back home because she knew her family would be miserable without her. The most important quality mentioned multiple times through out the essay, was that she had her camera with her the whole time. She talked about the amazing landscape photography she took and the incredibly moving social pieces she was able to capture. Zoey caught everything through her lens from culture to beauty.

Zoey's writing was a clear representation of who she was, a free spirit who much rather live simply without a care in the world. The bell rang just as Zoey had finished her last sentence. Perfect timing, she couldn't have planned it any better. She quickly ripped the paper out of her notebook and threw her supplies into her bag. Standing up with a bounce Zoey made her way over to the teacher. She handed in her paper to Shawyne with a grin. "I think you're going to like mine." She said with a little tilt of her head. 

In response to Shawyne her mouth curled into a huge smile. "You got it, one picture assignment coming up! and of course you can have one." She opened the bag in front of the teacher offering her an assortment of candy. "Which color?" 

Thomas was distracted by the new girl coming in, headphones in hand and clothed in rather unseemly and untidy clothes. She announced herself as being Zoey and she was way too late, not even seeming to mind it. Thomas didn't like her, she seemed to be too relaxed with herself and she reminded him of the people who used to tease him for no apparent reason. He tried to focus on the teacher but was distracted when she threw a piece of candy in the air and caught it with her mouth. He eyed her from his desk, at which she seductively pulled it out.

Thomas gave a small hopeless whimper and stared down at his desk, his face burning red and completely blocking out anything that happened outside of his own mind. What was she thinking? Why was she teasing him like this? It wasn't until a bit later that he realized that everybody was already working on some kind of assignment. He looked around a big confused, not knowing what they were doing. He looked over at Frank and gave him a small nudge, making sure he timed it right.

"What is the assignment?" He whispered, making sure the teacher didn't hear him, or at least he thought so. As Frank told him he started thinking, he hadn't really done much in the vacation, just played some video games and walked through the woods and along the beach, writing poetry. Of course he'd never admit to writing anything like that though, mainly because it sucked and he was quite embarrassed about it. He ended up writing about travelling to Peru and seeing amazing sights and meeting nice locals. He didn't really like what he had written, knew he could do better but it would have to do. He spent his last few minutes in class checking his spelling and correcting some sentences, making the whole page a clutter of corrections and additions.

He hated the end result but he didn't have any times left to correct it, he sighed as he put it on top of the assignments of the other students. He noticed one with a particularly swirly and neat handwriting, which he expected to be from Lily. She seemed like such a nice girl, he just wished he had to confidence to talk to her, or just didn't reply as awkward as he did when people talked to him. He sighed once again as he left the room and looked back at the teacher and Zoey.

Lily was excited for class to begin when she became rather ruffled by an untidy, platinum blonde girl running into the classroom. Though annoyed at her lateness, Zoey was the kind of person Lily wished she could be - uncaring, a free spirit. Though, she supposed, we're all the people we are for a reason. 

She was both flattered and nervous that Zoey chose to sit next to her. She supposed it was either because she genuinely wanted to get to know her, or, she wanted to buddy up with someone who appeared to be nerdy and therefore a good study partner. "No, no it's not taken." she replied to Zoey, continuing to look straight ahead but side-eyeing the girl, before widening an eye and cocking an eyebrow at the things she was doing with her mouth. 

Her attention was pulled back to the front of the classroom as Ms. Clearwater began speaking about the first task - to write about what they would have done if they could this Summer. Excellent. Li loved a bit of creative writing, as this was her opportunity to let her imagination run wild. So as to make sure she had enough time to fit everything in, she mapped out her beginning, middle and conclusion to her short story. Li's story comprised of a solo visit first to Berlin, Germany, to take in the history - something she loved. Here, she would meet a wise old professor who would tell her to visit Rome, and the secrets she must uncover. Lily was a sucker for secrets and history and uncovering long lost treasures, mystics and adventures. All in her mind, of course. 

After she had finished her piece, she sat looking up at the ceiling, fully engrossed in her creation, and the ring of the bell took her by surprise. She gracefully stood up, gathering her books together and popping them into her satchel. Her long, honey coloured ponytail with a slick curl at the end teased around her top as she did so. Lily was wearing a white shirt, quite baggy, and rolled up at the sleeves. Her skirt was black suede, and hung just above the knee. At this point, she wasn't sure if Zoey really wanted to be friends with her, so she decided to continue to the next class without her, and she was caught in conversation with the teacher anyway. She popped her story on the pile with the others, and followed the others out of the classroom, noticing the two boys in front. She wished they would want to be friends with her, all of the students, really, if only she didn't appear so dismissive. 

After the teacher had picked her candy, Zoey noticed  Li walk by with the other two boys in front of her. Despite the fact that she had picked Li because she assumed she was smart, Zoey also was a strong believer in opposites attracting. In her mind a girl like Li needed a friend who was messy and carefree to help her explore that side of herself and Zoey needed a friend who was organized and practical because she needed someone to pull her back to earth safely every once and a while when she was just plain out of hand. She smiled to herself, as if she had just mentally decided. Yup, I am going to be friends with her whether she likes it or not. With that, Zoey looked back to the teacher, nodded politley and said, "Well I have to head to my next class! Enjoy the candy!" She skipped out of the room quickly after that and caught up to Li.

Her attention was momentarily caught by the boy she had teased a bit in class, she remembered how red his face had gotten and thought she might want to play on that a little bit later. Her gaze went back to Li.

"Sooooo what's your next class Seude Skirt?" Zoey rocked her hips to the side and nudged Li a little with a bit of flare. Not hard enough to hurt or move Li, just Zoey's oddball way of tapping on her shoulder. Zoey now twirled around in front of Li and walked backwards, facing her. Zoey's camera was in hand and she had it pointed at Li. As she looked through the lens Zoey moved the camera, keeping Li in the center. "I am heading to Chemistry." She stated before Li could answer her previous question and then snapped a picture of Li's reaction. Zoey let go of the camera letting it fall and hang from a strap around her neck and left shoulder. Now her large emerald eyes were peering straight into Li's eyes.

Zoey's mind ran a million miles a minute though and the stare with Li did not last very long. She twirled back around now facing the boy's posteriors. Zoey popped another candy in her mouth, the wrapper already taken off of this one. She curled up the wrapper in her hands and tossed it at the back of Thomas's head. "Sir Blushes A-Lot, Do you have Chemistry?" She smiled at this nickname, thinking herself very clever. "Normally you sit in groups of four for labs..." Zoey was obviously implying that the four of them should sit together. 

You would think a pretty girl like Zoey who was loud and wild would have friends, but to be honest she moved around too much to ever create real friends. That was mostly the reason she acted this way. Her personality had to be big to make friends anywhere, if she wasn't carefree than she would probably be incredibly depressed from the amount her family made her move and her lack of personal connections. Both of her parents were in the air force, which made it very funny in a way that Zoey was such a hippy when it came to the topic of violence. She had a very strong make Love not War mentality. Even though Zoey teased Thomas a little, she would never intentionally ever make fun or demean someone else. In this situation she was just trying to break the ice, not humiliate him by any means. It was obvious by her tone and sweet smile that all her comments were not made in malice. Zoey ran a hand through her hair messing it up a bit even more and then swaying her head to the side to reset it in its untidy style. 

The door of the room openned all of the sudden, followed by clumsy steps that reached to one of the few sits left unoccupied, the closest to him actually. As the kid sit, he yawned and stretched, rubbing his eye, trying to rub that sleepiness out of him and fixing his half long black hair back.

Richard LaMontt wasn't famous for being a good student, he had good grades... true, but his bad attitude and lone wolf way to act was something that left an impression on anyone he related with, even teachers. Rick laid back on his chair, holding nothing but a notebook on his hand and a pen on his pocket. Nodding off his sleepiness, LaMontt realized what he didn't notice yet and half yawning he looked with his blue eyes at the teacher and said on a half raised voice.

-Sorry for the late Miss~

With a sufficient apology, at least from him, he just openned the notebook and pulled out the pen from his pocket, ready to write whatever the hell was the class up to so far.

Zero walks into his classroom looking for a teacher, not know who he is he timidly goes to the back of the room and waits for a person to speak to about enrolling in this class. Worried so much that sweat would pour from his four head and made his skin clammy, thoughts were flying and bouncing around in his brain, (i hope i look nice, make sure to speak politely, no slang, make sure i have all the necessary things for class.) as the last thought shot through his head, zero nervously but slowly picked up his binder and opened it to see if he had the right equipment. in the binder were 4 pencils, 3 pens,,, 2 blue pens, and 1 red pen. he placed the 2 blue pens and the 1 red pen with the others. before he could close his binder, it slips from his hands and dropped on the floor as if poor zero had not have enough bad luck all day but now his binder was damaged on the first day of his class. Zero quickly picks up his belongings and scurries back to his corner, just standing there in his black shirt with a pocket holder, white and black shorts with a black and white belt, and black and red Nike shoes. Zero dreaded the thought of thinking about how others thought about him or how he dressed.

Shawyne enjoyed the starburst, allowing the candy to melt on her tongue slowly. The faint taste of orange filled her senses as her bright green eyes flashed, hidden behind half closed smoky eyes. Her moment of bliss sadly did not last long however as the classroom door swung open. In filed another round of students chatting away, happily making new friends and talking about their own summers. Pleased that the next batch of kids would have a lot to talk about and hopefully even more to write about. Sauntering around the desk Shawyne positioned herself on the edge again, one leg easily over the other. She kept her shoes mostly on this time though, just in case the grumpy front lady passed by again. Mostly didn’t mean completely though as the tips of her heels were only slung over her toes.

Just as she was about to begin her happy little spiel the door swung open again and two more young males shuffled in.  One appeared to still be sleeping while the other just seemed frazzled about the first day. Shaking her head ruefully Shawyne brightly smiled at the newcomers. Maybe she could help in making their day a little better. One of the boys stood near the back of the room, keeping to himself. Poor thing, looks like his day has been a bit rough. Shawyne gestured with a nod at one of the empty seats near the window. Hopefully he would take her hint and settle down in the seat. A voice from the other side caught her attention and her bright green eyes locked with electric blue ones. 

She tried to keep her surprise to herself. Beneath the long dark hair and sleep stare Shawyne could sense the intelligence behind those blue orbs. Chances are she would probably spend most of the school year trying to get those smarts to the surface.

“Gentlemen, if you will see me after class. We can discuss your tardy for today. As for what we are doing right now I have asked your fellow classmates to write about what they wished they could have done this summer. My only requirement was that you be as creative as you want. There are no boundries.â€

Zero notices a women with pretty emerald green eyes. As she makes her gesture zero quickly but care fully slides between the desks, but accidentally  bumped one of them with his leg causing it to move a little. Zero lets out a sad hopeless groan hoping to get to his desk faster. After finally 8 seconds later Zero settles at his new found desk, he takes out a pencil and a pen just to be safe, also taking out a piece of paper that he bought from a local store. Zero now sits at his desk trying shove his things inside his desk, finally after 3 attempts of getting it inside they fit very nicely in his desk. Zero hears the teacher's voice. "w-who me?" (I don't want to get in trouble...) Zero sheds a tear on his right eye but quickly rubs it away on his hand and makes a small sigh preparing himself for class. 

Kess Carter sat by the window. She was glad the new teacher had kept some open. The rest of her day had been spent under harsh halogen bulbs, where Kess' mind just wouldn't keep up. She'd forgotten her binder in her last class, her books in her locker, and her locker's combination. The receptionist almost sent her to the principal's office for forgetting, but thankfully one of the other adults had come to her rescue. Kess had still managed to make it to class on time. The smell of the flowers outside gave her mind a chance to relax into her summer story. Now, there were fifteen minutes left, and Kess only had three or four sentences left to go. She decided she could afford a quick break to watch the trees outside.

Just look at the light flashing on the leaves like that. Ooh, acrobats! I should put some light acrobats or something in my next assignment.

Kess was pulled from her idea by a knot of formally dressed faculty walking across the courtyard. President Culver was smack in the center, talking in an appropriately low tone to the adults. This was strange on it's own. Culver never set foot outside of his office during the school day. What was stranger was the pointed attention Culvers' circle paid to the windows. It was obvious they weren't used to watching something while seeming to look elsewhere. Kess could tell they were scrutinizing chunks of window banks while pretending to enjoy lunch outside. One of the faculty saw Kess and gave her an unusually harsh look. Kess snapped her head forward and quickly finished her last paragraph. Then she took a deliberate drink from her water bottle to think.

They must be taking out the windows and students aren't supposed to know yet.

Kess inwardly groaned. She hoped it would take a really long time to get people to agree on the window-chucking. Then maybe it would take even longer to get the construction crew and everyone on the same page. Maybe Kess could even graduate before the buidling became merciless cinder-block walls. Kess organized her papers and brushed out her flowy yellow skirt. As she did, she quriked a quiet half-grin. At least she could see the flowers for now.

As Kess placed her water bottle in her backpack, she noticed a pair of red and black Nikes tucked timidly under the chair behind her. Her mind flashed her a picture of the two tardy guys. The nervous kid had apparently been behind her this whole time, and Kess hadn't even said hi. She'd at least wanted to support his unique style, especially since he'd walked in shortly after Rick. The kid had probably just been bullied by him before class. Kess threw Rick an irritated glance before she could stop herself.

He's probably asleep by now anyway, Kess told herself, so no harm done, but cut it out before you get yourself in serious trouble. Do you really want an argument with that guy?

Kess wasn't good at verbal fights, even with people who couldn't physically kick her butt. She switched her focus to the boy behind her.

"Hi," she whispered, "I'm Kess Carter. Your belt's pretty cool."

The shrill bell stabbed the end of Kess' words, and she pulled her backpack out of the aisle. When it was clear, she  went up to the teacher's desk. The kid was following her, and Rick was in his seat, which probably meant he'd been told to stay as well. Kess tried to be quick.

"Hi Ms.Clearwater, here's my paper. You said we could be as creative as we want, right? Superhumans and all that stuff? Anyway, I was wondering if you knew anything about a remodeling plan for the school. I really hope they don't take the windows out."

Ms. Clearwater was probably confused at this point, but Kess decided not to explain. The next question was more important, anyway.

"That doesn't really matter. The important thing is, have you heard anything from Henders? Did she send you an email, even just about class or where she went? I've got to run, but here's my student email," Kess snatched her pencil up and scrawled the addresss on her paper.

"Please let me know. Thanks!"

Kess waved as she sped out the door. Hopefully she would make it to her next class on time. She'd left her book in the lunchroom.

Shawyne resumed her position in her seat and began to jot down little things she noticed throughout her day so far. So far in her notes, she had described her first class to the best as she viewed them without any judgment; mainly focusing on four students in particular. Lily, Thomas, Frank, and Zoey. Lily sat in the front corner, from what she perceived Lily was a studious student. She worked diligently on her assignment and had an air of a calm control about her. Upon further thoughts Shawyne decided Lily would be the one she would try to learn to enjoy a social life. Perhaps pairing her with Zoey would pull her from her cocoon. Then there was Thomas, who sat next to Lily. He appeared to be another shy student but there was something else about him. Shawyne sensed insecurity but she couldn’t be one hundred percent sure. She could have misread him. Next to Thomas sat Frank. Frank appeared to be the male counterpart to Lily. But where Frank lacked self-confidence Thomas displayed a more forced self-confidence. It was almost as though if he appeared to be confident he wouldn’t have to worry about what other did to him. And then lastly there was Zoey. Out of those four Zoey was the most free spirited, and the one with the most infectious personality.

Shawyne hoped she would see more of that group interacting with each other, although they didn’t seem like they would band together as a group of friends for their high schools that would be where most of their support would come from. If only they could see the possibility through her eyes. Glancing up at the students furiously writing, green eyes scanned the room noticing particular students as she always did. The first one to stand out was Zero, he had walked in a little late and hurried to hide in a corner, even more so when she offered him a seat and mentioned his tardy she saw his face become overwhelming dejected, almost like a kicked puppy. She could tell he was upset. A hand came up to wipe across his face, possibly to remove evidence of a tear. Pity pulled at her heart strings again. Looking at her roster Shawyne realized the student’s name was Zero and jotted some quick notes mainly about possible bullying from peers and adults alike. She was going to have to earn his trust somehow. In front of him was a young female staring out the window. Looking back at the names Shawyne tried to remember which student was she. Looking back at her the name hit her like a ton of bricks. That was Kess Carter. Noticing her attention was outside of the classroom Shawyne gazed in the same direction seeing Culver and some other staff members directing attention to the windows. A frustrated sigh escaped her lips when she remembered about the removal of windows from the classroom. That had to be the most ridiculous preconceived notion they have had. They would do anything to make the school feel more like a prison.

Listing thoughts about Kess and her behavioral habits Shawyne turned her attention to one more student. Rick, what was she going to do about him? She could tell he wasn’t used to her style of teaching. She had her work cut out if she planned on keeping him engaged in the class. She caught sight of Kess’ glare towards him and began to ponder but the sound of the bell disrupted her thoughts. As papers were being placed on her desk Kess asked her several questions at once; about the remodeling plan and about a teacher named Henders. Had that been the teacher whose class she had taken over? She wasn’t really given that information, so as she was about to respond to Kess, the young lady was already scribbling her email address and running off to her next class. Dropping that particular train of thought Shawyne focused on the two males left behind; Zero and Rick. Her voice was soft as she spoke to them both.

“Gentlemen, I don’t count tardies simply because I find them harsh, but I will ask that for something extra. I’d like a picture of your most prized possession or a picture of a place or thing where you feel the most at ease. I’d like to have these by tomorrow or the day after if possible.†Flashing them both a warm smile Shawyne wished them well on the rest of their day, hoping things would look up for the students she took a particular interest in.

Aaron sat in the back of the class, with his head on the desk. It was his usual position to begin any class. He heard the door close as someone came into class a bit late. He breathed a sigh of relief knowing that it wasn't him that would get in trouble for it.  This new kid took a seat next to him in the back of the class, jittery, and having trouble with pencils or something from the sound of it. Aaron heard the faint sound of a sniffle from the desk beside him.

"W-who me?" Aaron heard from beside him.

Aaron turned his heard, looking to the side. The kid was dressed in mostly black, with his shorts balancing with white, and his shoes switching between black and red.

"Hey man," Aaron said. "Calm down, it's fine, It's just one late. It's only one late." Aaron flashed him a short smile before turning his back to the desk, closing his eyes and taking a deep breath. He was anything but ready to go to class.