Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kyo

DnD RPG Forum Discussion

45 posts in this topic

Yeah, that's basically it.

The 4e guide is as good as done. I'll reread it in the morning to find if there are any mistakes.

I have one more question though. DnD has a pretty big rulebook and even with the guide I have written there is a lot in it people will need to know in order to fully enjoy the game. I have a PDF of the rulebook which I could distribute through some file sharing site. I was wondering if it would be okay to do that.

Um...I don't have a problem with it. I'd double check with ack but I think it should be cool. 

Also I have a question. What do about the whole student/graduate thing? Are we just going to make this a student friendly area or do we want a seperate graduates section? I'm not really sure if it'd apply since it's not quite the same as a standard creative writing rp, what with rules and dice rolls and post orders to consider. 

I think it should just be one area. The only they need to be able to do is accurately describe the action they are taking, posts would probably be really short. I don't they need go prove themselves as writer to be able to play. It's more of a thinking game than a writing game.

Yeah that's kinda what I thought too, was just checking. Well that's good, more stuff for the students to be a part of is always nice!

I am super excited for this! Also super nervous cus I think I'm gonna have to work hard to even understand what the hell I'm doing in these RPG's. 

I plan om explaining a lot of shit I didn't touch upon in my guide in the part pf my RP. I'll probably also add it into my guide as an example of how it is done.

It'll be a bit intimidating at first, but once you've gotten used to how encounters work everything should be dansy. Especially since you already know how the RP part works, so it's only the G that's left!

Alright well I'm gonna get some sleep for now. All the staff are gonna be having a little chat tomorrow so I'll make sure they are all happy with this and then I'll get the forums up, you can post your content for the rules and how it works, and i'll give it a little pin for you. And then I'll spend the next week reviewing the rules and then maybe another week after that I might have enough confidence to start making a profile. 

seriously though it should start way sooner than that, I hope!

I'm expecting they can't use posts from there to apply for Graduation, right?

Also uguu uguu DayDay can we work on a WoD version for it toooo? Or Demonic Gate.

I don't think they should be able to. Quality of writing requirement for RPGs is probably a lot lower.

Won't it be a bit too quick/much to have both DnD and WoD at the same time?

I think it's a bit better to have DnD begin and then a few weeks later start the WoD one, else people will join only one because of the rules and the other one won't fill up and be forgotten. And left alone, in the cold, to die of hunger and thirst, without love. No friends, it'll get hateful and turn into a really grumpy old dead topic which will scare children on the street.

Probably wouldn't be a problem. I already know a few people who'd want to join mine and I already know that I'll want to join Hercy's as a PC. I think it's better to show people interested the various ways to run RPG campaigns, so they know what their options are if they ever decide to run one themselves.

D&D and WoD are fundamentally different settings. D&D is swords and sorcery, high fantasy, dragon-slaying and treasure-seeking. World of Darkness is character-driven urban fantasy, having an edge up on mortals but hiding from them nonetheless. Being Human would be the closest analogy, I suppose. It's up to whoever is interested to play in either setting, or both. They're different enough that there will be enough of an interest for both, I think.

I suppose I'll have to go dig up my half-completed WoD character then.

I take it the dice isn't working yet? O.o

YOU CAN DO IT

DONT BELIEVE IN YOURSELF

BELIEVE IN ME

BELIEVE IN THE SEAN WHO BELIEVES IN YOU!

Wow, I go to delete it and there's like 5 comments after.

Yeah, the solution from before is I guess 2 versions behind out current board. Whoops.

Well I won't start my WoD campaign anytime soon. I've got exams and I feel it's only fair to them that I don't neglect them at the crucial point when they need me~.

That said, Demonic Gate did say he was considering a Fate/Zero version using WoD mechanics, and I think we can start off with his. I'm sure this sounds interesting to many people around here.