Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kyo

Final Fantasy

91 posts in this topic

I'd aslo like to add that Hironobu Sakaguchi (the creator of the Final Fantasy Franchise) named FFVI as his favorite Final Fantasy game of all-time.

If you wanna get down to the nitty-gritty, all perosnal bullshit and bias aside, it IS the best of them all, based on a variety of reasons that cover just about everything. It deficates on the rotten corpse of FFIX.

Oh you are being so dramatic about FFIX.

I've only played FFVI once, and I repsect it greatly. Overall the most terrifying main villain out of probably any game I've played.

I think you're making FFI out to be way too difficult. I never had 'any' problems with that game. One Warrior, White Mage, Black Mage, and Monk with no weapon made that game easy as all hell. Finding where you needed to go was the only problem I 'ever' had with it. I think I beat it without dying once...FFIII kicked the shit outta me though. I know FFIX is one of the only ones I 'wanna' play because of how 'fabalus' Kuja is. I'd classify FFIX as a new age entry to get new players into the series, 'except' for one little thing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bahMeycMihw I'm sorry, but this song gives me the jibblies.

1 person likes this

Agreed. I mean, they drop Necron out of no where. And that song just scares the ever loving shit out of me.

I always hated Necron, but after reading about him a couple of years ago, he kinda makes sense...

Of course I forgot why he does now. I need to relearn it. XD

A lot of Final Fantasy villains are just sorta dropped on your head without warning. Garland being Chaos, The Cloud of Darkness entirely, Zeromus, Exdeath being a tree, Necron. They seem to like that M. Night Shyamalan twist ending stuff.

I think Lady Riddel will agree with me when I assure you all, no FF villain or Boss is even CLOSE to Id from Xenogears (The best game Squaresoft ever released, bar-none).

Kefka was a coward, and ultimately, provided comedic relief. I didn't find him terrifying at all, even as a small boy playing VI for the first time. Id, actually freightened me a little. That's a lie, he scared the ever living fuck out of me.

Best video game villain of all time for special reasons you'll have to play the game to uncover.

Evil lives inside of us all. You don't have to fear 2D characters in video games, but you DO have to fear your fellow man. Your neighbour, that man behind you at the ATM. The hooded man walking your way late at night. Id taught me that.

1 person likes this

Is it not, the best storyline ever written for a video game?

Raw, undefiled genius in it's purest, most brilliant form. You don't know fucking shit until you've completed Xenogears.

As much as I LOVE Final Fantasy, those games are a pathetic joke compared to Xenogears.

Yes. Twice. It's kind of a lot to take in, so I don't play it very often. Deus is still one of the hardest end bosses ever. D:

And now I'm listening to the soundtrack. THANKS, MICHAEL.

Deus was insanely hard. My first time through, I rushed too much due to the storyline being the greatest thing I've ever experienced. I was just dying to push the plot along. I mean, you get so involved, it's so fucking engrossing you can't grind for longer than 5 minutes your first time through because you're chopping at the bit to find out what happens next.

So my first run-in with Deus wasn't pretty, to say the very least.

Have you played Saga Frontier (1, 2 sucked beyond comprehension)?

Another GENIUS Square game. 7 main characters with their own independant storylines taking place in the same universe at roughly the same time. Some even over-lap, in fact. Amazing game. SO MANY freaking secrets, side-quests GOD I LOVE THAT GAME! :D

I miss it so much. Another game with some impossibly hard bosses and secret bosses. Square used to be the Mecha of RPG gaming. The Enix merger destroyed my soul. It destroyed the soul of hundreds of millions of devoted Square fans. I knew as soon as I heard the news, that that era of brilliance and genius was over...

No, I haven't played any of Saga Frontier. :<

I can't really be mad at Enix, because they have some pretty great games. My favorite game of all time is an Enix game--Valkyrie Profile.

Valkyrie Profile was a GREAT RPG!!! :lol:

I miss those PS1 era RPGs. Alundra, Thousand Arms, Legend of Mana, Tales of Phantasia, Star Ocean, Valkyrie Profile. The 90's was KING of the RPG. New RPG games fucking suck. It's Elder Scrolls & Fallout, or nothing for me. The new Final Fantasy games are BRUTAL!! I mean, they really lack that special quality the old ones had. It's a dead horse that's been kicked into a rotten, decayed mush of hair, bones, and guts.

1 person likes this

I really should play through Xenogears again. I do remember the story being super intense, but it's been so many years now that it's kind of vague to me. 

I wanted to like Valkyrie Profile but I just couldn't get into it. I liked the concept, and the design, but there was just something missing there for me. 

Yes ma'am, you really, really, really should.

It will take your breath away. Literally move you inside.

I guess I'm gonna be hated when I say I didn't enjoy Xenogears very much. I loved Xenoblade Chronicles though.

I hate you DG. I rue the day your mother spit you out, you slimy, ugly baby-you!

I've already proceeded with wishing death upon you, and I'm looking into VooDoo For Dummies as we speak... -_-

Also, you should know, you'll be recieving a rather large, heavy parcell in the mail. Regardless of what your instincts tell you to do, open it!

...  :P  Dude... No one's gonna hate you for not enjoying a game, you silly bastard. :lol:

I can see why someone wouldn't like Xenogears. I mean, the battle system alone is just T_T at times, and the cut-scenes in particular were horribly dubbed.
Nothing wrong with not liking something. But obviously we can't ever be friends, Demonic Gate :P (totally kidding). 

I've heard Xenoblade Chronicles was decent but I'm afraid to pick it up. I really just feel like everything that isn't Dark Souls is going to be a huge disappointment. I hate to put it that way, but goddamn... Dark Souls is so hard to top. 

I promise you, Xenoblade Chronicles is 'beautiful'. It might not be like, HD graphics, but it doesn't need them, they look gorgeous as is. The soundtrack is lovely, the characters are well written, the voice acting is pretty okay, and the setting. Well, I've leave you with your imagination for now.

okay so now that Saulnier's gone maybe this thread can stop being terrible

2 people like this

Did he... actually leave S*T?

What is this feeling? Relief? Joy? I don't understand |:

I still like ffix for what its worth.

Stiltzkin was a really cool guy.

1 person likes this