Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DayDreamer

Murder Mystery game [signup here]

96 posts in this topic

Well now everyone will only get several random items when investigating a room, as opposed to specific things based on their traits. And any sort of mechanic about who has been in a room is also gone, so it's all about the objects and figuring out who could've wielded what. There are going to be some people with identical skills so there's also going to be some of the old Mafia debating about how seems guilty, when the suspects get narrowed down that far.

I just wanted to say ooc. Buckfum? Seriously? =p

Are we still going with Characteristics ie. Strength Intelligence Agility? I don't seem to know mine.

I think those are the things we learn when we converse with each other?

Really? But I don't even know my own Strength. Or Intelligence. I thought Conversing was a method to learn other people's Characteristics, not your own.

Maybe we aren't supposed to know our own!

Seriously, I have no idea. We'll need DD to comment on this.

I'm gonna play Mr. Buckfum is a hairy knuckled, cigar smoking, fat cat who is aggressively camp.

Yeah I decided you don't really need to know your own strength etc. the only person that needs to know their own is the murderer. This way I also don't need to stipulate people not reveal their own, everyone will have to find out each others.

I have another question regarding the mechanics. I'm not sure if I should ask them here or in the main thread. =/

Are items like the Icicle and Painkillers destroyed automatically after the murderer uses them or must he take a specific action to destroy them?

Posting in either is fine. And yes those particular items will be consumed upon being used.

I just want to pop in and say you guys are cracking me up.

However, it looks like some people are Conversing with the same person. I wonder how that sort of thing can be resolved.

I found it quite cool how almost all of us searched different rooms in the night. We covered almost the whole mansion.

Conversing with the same person might not help if the trait you discover is random each time, which I suspect it is.

No what I meant was, how do 2 people converse with the same person at once? It'll be such an awkward conversation.

"You guys talk too much, it's annoying.

Also that weirdo Octavius has Above Average Intelligence, apparently. I think the GM either made a mistake or this Octavius cheated on the IQ test."

Best post ever.