Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kyo

Would you like to blog for us?

40 posts in this topic

So in case any of you don't know, I run the social networks for the most part. This includes Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr. 

I'm looking to develop some more original content to contribute to our various social network outlets. One of the ideas buzzing around is staff and member blogs. Basically what this would be is a short (around 5 or more paragraphs) blog about something you have interest in. You could talk about roleplaying, or something in it's specifics such as characterization, how you formulate ideas, different styles of roleplaying, etc. Or you could even talk about your personal interests such as art and music. 

All blogs would obviously be posted by me on the various social networks, however, it would be stated in the blog that it was written by [insert member name here] so you get credit for your contribution. I thought this could be a fun way for members to help us out a little bit as well as talk about something they are passionate about. 

So if you are interested in writing a blog, or even regular blogs, then feel free to let me know via PM or express your interest in this thread. 

Another way I want to add new content to the social networks is with some shout-out style highlight blogs that can show off a website, portfolio or blog that belongs to our members. So if you have a website or art portfolio you wish to be highlighted via our social networks please let me know and I'll arrange it. Also if you have any ideas for original content you think we could be posting on social networks that I haven't thought of then feel free to let me know. 

I do already have a blog. I'm a little embarrassed about featuring it though because not many people read it and it usually averages about 500 words per entry, but I do write in it daily about all sorts of things. But most of them are just me being all uneducated and voicing opinions on random topics. *blushes* I'm assuming it doesn't need to be about roleplaying?

It's exaltedsalvation.wordpress.com.

If it sucks just... don't tell me... and quietly delete this post...

1 person likes this

this is awesome. If you want us to give you a little mention on our social networks I'd be happy to do that. Hopefully bag you some followers. Ultimately it's up to you but if you blog then I assume you want people to read it. At any rate I'll make a mention of it on our various sites. Thanks for contributing!

The funny thing is that I'm not sure I want people to read it. What if they flame meeeee? T.T

But Iunno, do whatever you want with it. At the very least S*T will look like it has active people? Ahaha.

Sure I'll give you a mention at some point. I'm still trying to get everything organised as I'd like to have certain content go out on certain days but keep your eyes peeled. Also you write fun blog entries so if you want to blog about roleplaying or our community or whatever, feel free to drop a draft my way and we could have a little "HH Guest Blog" issue on our social networks.  ;)

Uguu I guess I could write for you. Whatever you wish. *runs and hides somewhere, blushing*

2 people like this

Hah! cute!

Well basically if you wish to write for our social stuff then all you have to do is PM me a draft and we'll take it from there. You can talk about whatever you wish. As long as it's not about your secret life as a manufacturer of crystal meth cus that's kinda illegal y'know. 

Could I have a 'Sean is Grumpy' sporadic section? Oh man I'd have so much shit to rant about and I'll even keep the Breaking Bad stuff on the downlow!

depending on how often you are grumpy we could make the Sean is Grumpy section a weekly or bi-weekly occurrence!

1 person likes this

or even just a sporadic occurence. Like you said. >_>

Basically, yes, whatever you want, Sean. 

I request that HH's avatar be changed to this http://m.imgur.com/CvgOzwV

This works as a cover image.

EDIT: Oh no I'm a n00b and the picture only appears right above the crucial subtitles! Talk about having no luck. *toddles off to blog about this*

2 people like this

So to recap

does anyone actually want to blog for us? Cus I could really use a few interesting people to write stuff for me. Even if it's just a one off. 

I don't mind writing something thoroughly uninteresting every once in a while o:

I've always had a bit of an interest in blogging, but I've never done it, as I just can't imagine anyone wanting to read it. 

Good! Well write me something whenever you can. If you're stuck an need guidance just drop me a pm. We can go over it together. ;)

to anyone who wishes to write me some bloggity blogs. ^_^

I'm afraid for me, I can only do it much later. I'm stuck at home in a quilt sniffling and shivering as it is. And then exams are coming. But once I feel the urge I'll write to you! XD

Can I write a blog about how much I love Martin?

It can have sections on why I love him, stalking updates and pictures I take through his bedroom window.

That isn't creepy, right? RIGHT?

Even the butt shot I got the other day?

>.>

1 person likes this