AmAjOrNeWb

G First Day Discussion

180 posts in this topic

This is where you can discuss everything about the Fist Day RP. It's set in a high school. So make a character that is a freshman-senior, or a teacher, or the creepy janitor.

This isn't in a set reality/fantasy world, I want you to bring the other aspects with you. My character has no special powers or abilities. But do not let my lack of such limit you.

With this RP I want to show the mods exactly what a newbie can bring to the table, and while some of us aren't exactly new, there is reasonable room to grow always.

Now, that is not to say we don't have rules. Langely High has a VERY strict principle. No powers at lunch, if powers even exist, because well...you know. Lunch is for eating.

Basically, keep it G, if need be I'll make it PG, but I want anyone and everyone to be able to join in on the fun. Have fun with it, but don't ruin someone else's time. And you CAN NOT role play as a stapler. I've tried it and it doesn't work. Three posts of "Click click, click." and I'd probably have to erase you from the school's registry.

With that students and faculty, welcome to Langely High.

1 person likes this

I didn't want to jump in without the consent of others. Would you mind having another player?

We'd be more than happy to have you. I'm going to cap it at 4 though, until people graduate so that more can join.

Are you closing this thread now, or could I slide in? (If not, it's all good.)

This seems pretty interesting. I don't want to intrude, so would it be okay if i hopped in?

So, for everyone still in, where shall we go from here? Are we sticking with realistic, or branching into something else? Whatever direction we go is cool with me.

Not_Josh, glad you're here. It's been a tad quiet on this thread. :)

Hi people! Firstly, before I go any further, is this RP still accepting characters? I noticed above that AmAjOrNeWb said he was going to cap it to 4 players, I'm counting 9 currently in the IC so would you be willing to extend it to a nice, even 10? :) I'll await an answer before I say anything else.

AmAjOrNeWb said he would cap it but those first four players have moved on to graduates so I've kinda been keeping up. I say join in and we'll take it from there

Good to have you on board, Yajuu!

(Ps: I'm going to assume we're keeping it realistic unless someone else decides differently.)

Glad to be here, Skie.

I'd say keep it realistic for the moment and if we wanted to throw in something a little out of the ordinary, it can happen after our characters are all settled in.

Alright, sounds like a plan. I'll get a post up either today or tomorrow!

Never mind. Our characters aren't quite settled in yet (I don't think). I shall ask my question at a later date. :)

Edited by skielights

Ah, you tease my curiosity. Now I'm not going to be able to think about anything except the question I never saw! :)

You're welcome.

However, since we'll need to know this pretty soon, here's the basic idea of the lost question: I'd automatically jumped to beyond-normal genres before I asked anyone where we were headed. (Whoops.) Now, there are a few directions I've got in my head, but I haven't given them much thought. In my last question, I basically laid the options out, as well-thought or not as they were. This time, though, I'd like to ask: is there anything you want to make sure this RP covers?

I hope your curiosity is satisfied? :)

Curiosity satisfied...pretty much.

As for the question itself, I haven't really given it much thought. I think adding in a beyond-normal aspect to the RP is a good idea but as to what that aspect would be, I've got no preferences. Although saying that, it would be nice for it to tilt in some sort of horror/supernatural direction. I haven't done many of those (only one that was properly good) so that'd be interesting.

But alternatively, I'm up for anything really if you were thinking of something else.

All the tracks in my head were staying at least semi-'realistic'. While that would be a good writing challenge, supernatural sounds fun. What all fits under the definition of horror for you? My stomach and I would like to stay away from much gore. :)

Now, a confession: This is technically the first RP I've ever done. Please let me know of any rookie mistakes!

That said, do you want the letter Max writes on to be from/to anyone specific, or shall I use it from Val to Culver? (Or if Dawn's in on this, to Dawn?) I'd come up with a plausible reason for a letter like that to be in the open.

No gore required in my definition of Horror, so your stomach can take refuge in that fact. :) For me it's all about the suspense that the characters feel knowing that something isn't right about the situation they're in. Now that I think about it, is 'Suspense' itself a genre? because that's what I'm probably thinking of if it is. I'm thinking mysterious disappearances, mysterious deaths, unknown shadowy figures; that kind of stuff.

Technically? :) but seriously, if this is your first RP (technically or not) I am mighty impressed. You're better than half the "veteran" RPers I've known on other sites, and that's no exaggeration!

You catch on quick. :D  I had the idea that the letter would be something significant but I'll admit I hadn't thought about what exactly it was going to contain.However, I think a correspondence between Culver and Val would be more fitting, I hadn't put Dawn down as anything important at this point in time.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead