AmAjOrNeWb

G First Day Discussion

180 posts in this topic

Oh, well thanks.  :) "Technically" means that years ago, a couple friends and I used to chat in character. It was only dialogue though, no descriptions or plotline planning. Fun improv, but we didn't worry about the resulting quality since we'd never read it again.

I think 'Suspense' is it's own genre...don't quote me, though. Whatever the case, sounds good!

Well, you know what I mean and I know what I mean, so we're both sorted. :D I'll leave the letter between Culver and Val to you, should you wish to go down that route. Oh, a heads up that I've got something small planned for Culver's Office, small enough that there's room for something from you but important enough for the plot direction we want to go.

Whew! There. Hopefully that works with what you're going to do. Looking forward to it!  Also, I think Aaron and Shawyne are both going to make an appearance in the next couple of days. Yay, Not_Josh and Raine! :)

I'll head down the letter route here in a bit. I want to see your idea first. :)

They reappearing at some point are they?

Bit of a long one this time round, hope you don't mind. I left it open for Kess to be doing whatever while Max has been explaining.

Yep! They had a lot of real life happening. Also, Not_Josh was waiting for a reply, I think from Zero's author, who I don't think is coming back...in any case, they'll probably pop up soon.

Oh no, long posts are fun!

(PS: I noticed when Max was gonna pick Culver's office lock, you say 'her' instead of 'him'...just bringing that to your attention, in case you wanted to fix it.)

Hey, Not_Josh, if you see this: In my last post, Kess thinks she hears Aaron. If you don't want that to be him, just let me know and she'll be mistaken.

I can appreciate that. Also, about the 'her' bit in my post; did you mean this bit -

"Max started to reach into the back pocket of his jeans but stopped with a thought, deciding instead to reach for the door handle. It happened as soon as the leather of his glove touched the metal of the handle; a deep thrumming sound like heavy machinery that had just started up and not settled into its process. Max kept his hand around the handle but didn’t move an inch, apart from to lift his free hand and rest it on Kess’s shoulder. She immediately lowered herself into a slow crouch, a look of shock and worry on her face. Max ignored it though and pressed himself slowly up to the door, resting his ear against the solid wood."

Because I was referring to Kess at that point. If it's not that bit, feel free to correct me! :)

Oh, I was talking about this bit:

What the hell was that about? Max thought, following silently behind her. He kept the question to himself as he saw Culver’s door ahead. Kess stopped in front of it and whispered for Max to do her thing. Once again, he ignored her question but as he stepped past her to the door, he revised his reasons. 

Yeah, the other makes perfect sense! I've put a longish post up as well. Whoops. :)

So, I realize once Not_Josh and Raine chip in, the decision may change. However, do you have a particular sudivision you want to move in from here? (Creepy cult, superhuman, other world, idea of yours, improvise as we go...) Also, I have an idea for the buzzing, but if you've got a different one, let me know! (Unless you want it to be a secret, in which case I'll leave it and let you.)

I think that's it for now!

Good spot there, and I was sure I'd checked it over enough times! Oh well.

For the moment, until Not-Josh and Raine do appear, I'm thinking we stick with the conspiracy deal we've got going on with Culver and associates. As for the buzzing, if you've got an idea, go for it. As for my last post, sorry if it jumps a little bit, but I think another day in school is required soon and having the first excursion cut short makes sense since it's Kess's first time and Max's first time in 8 months.

I can very easily jump back in the current plot line if that doesn't ruin anything going on

Cool, Raine! Hop on in.

Yajuu, sounds good. As for your post, that's actually what I was thinking, too, so good idea. :)

Yajuu: Hope this didn't cut the convo short before you were done with it!

Raine: Is Seth Morton real? I did a few Google searches and didn't find anything, but that obviously doesn't prove his nonexistence. :)

Sorry for the delay in getting my post up, my laptop decided to die on me so I was trying to get it to work again. It seems i've been successful but I don't know for how long; it's abotu time I brought a new one really anyway!

On a more RP related note, I don't know if I'm being stupid or something but I read Shawyne's message as "Meet Me Records 1929 Library". I obviously understood the meeting in the library bit but the 'Records 1929' has thrown me off. I don't know if Skie figured it out, but I couldn't! :)

Records is location. 1929 is time. I used military time to further hide it. 19:29 is 7:29 pm.

Sweet, sounds good, Raine! (I was speculating that Records 1929 had something to do with a security camera turning on at 7:30 or something.)

It's all good, Yajuu. Hope your computer continues to survive!

Ahh, that makes sense. I suspected 1929 meant a time but I thought it was a bit specific, so I wasn't convinced :) As for the 'records' now you've said it, it seems obvious! Doh to me.

So, I've looked through the other subforums and there didn't seem to be a set post rotation...I'm going to assume it's fine for me to go again. Please let me know if I'm wrong!

Unless there is a specific response being waited for from a specific person, I say it's first come first served. So go for it!

Cool. :) Oh, I do need to clear the end of my post with you, though. If you don't want this to happen just yet, tell me and I will adjust the last few paragraphs. Rather short today, but I need sleep!

EDIT: There, expanded. Just because there was time.

Apologies for the double-post. Just checking to see: is this simply a busy time in people's lives, or am I missing something? (If it's business, that's totally fine. Real life does come first!)

Oo ah, sorry for the delay. There was no particular reason I'm late, so I can only apologise. I'll make sure I'm on the ball for the future!

Not a problem at all! And we certainly don't have to post -every day-. Ps: I sort of have a way that the guard dealio could come in later, but if you've got another idea, we can go with that.

You sound like the man with a plan...or rather the girl with a plan so it's all yours. Also feel free to use Tony in any way you want, he's basically Culver's feet on the ground.

Cool, thanks! You can write Val, too, if she happens to be in a scene you're writing. I'd only ask that no one makes it too clear which side she's on.

(I might throw in a Val/other POV post after a few days. For now, it seems Max is right. :) Unless of you wanted to have some bit of convo before Clearwater gets there.)

Mmm, so I don't know about you Skie but we may want to continue this before it fades away into the background. Raine Bell can jump back in later should she return. It's just that I'd like to continue this RP before it dies!! (And I'd rather not wait a couple of months before it is revived :))

We can just say that Ms Clearwater never showed up to the meeting or whatever. We could even add that to the plot we have going on.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead