AmAjOrNeWb

G First Day Discussion

180 posts in this topic

Can we hear skie's observation.

I believe we already have... I understand her observation was that her ideas led the RP on a different route to the one that yours and Limerence seems to put it on. She was merely making it clear that she wasn't trying to get you to change the idea simply because she observed it was different to her own ideas. Of course, feel free to correct me Skie if you think I'm talking out of my arse. :)

I understand and considering we know that the illusions the students see are from culver's image perception devices of sorts that he has set around the..School or.. Everywhere possibly (?) we were wondering for what reason he was doing this? If it was for the reason that he wanted to enter students into his program.. Then what is this program and what does it do? Then, what I was told, was that you were going to let us know as the plot progressed. Tell me if I've missed something. I haven't been on line with anything these past few weeks.. It'd been nice to take some kind of memory recharge.. I apologize. ._.

It's all good, Mikatao! Yeah, Yajuu's right, I was just trying to not sound like I wanted to change other people's ideas. :) Anyhoo, I must apologize; my post is not up (as you can see). :P This is due to it taking much longer than I'd thought to think through details. I've only got a few more paragraphs to go, but I've got to get to sleep, so I promise it'll be up tomorrow around 5:30ish my time! (I think that's 10:30 your time?)

Also, Mikatao, there's no set reason for much of anything yet, just ideas that will probably morph, change, and be affected by everyone else's. So feel completely free!

That's no problem to me. Take your time as I've been lacking on it as well :) You guys are doing just fine so far and I repeat, please take your time. As for my intro post, I don't know when it'll be out considering midterms are near and I need to prepare presentations and for all kinds of exams.

I'll be reading your replies despite these obligations. I do not wish to rush you. My post may be up sometime next week :) I apologize for the delay.

Mikatao and Limerence, if you're still planning on jumping on and initiate this plan you seem to have thought of, you might want to introduce your character soonish. There's no rush or anything but I have a plan for Kess and Max which may come into effect soon and your characters might miss their chance to do their thing at the time that they want!

Hey, everyone. Do you think we should rename this? Seems like the title doesn't quite go with the RP at this point. : ) I have no suggestions to offer as of yet, and I'm cool with leaving it, too. Are you all of the opinion to leave the title as is, or shall we attempt to think of something else?

Yajuu: How do we handle inter-author character fights in an RP? Just super-short posts between those two? (Thinking of Val and Kit.) There's also an option where we don't have to bother with that process, if you'd rather. Even if we do use that process, it probably won't be too long, because I know nothing of hand-to-hand anything and don't want to drag this one out too long.

@Skie, usually users allow minor character control to allow them to post an adequate length. As long as the rules of the RP aren't broken and you don't insta-kill (whether literally or not) your opponent then it should be fine. Personally, I'm not too fussed about what happens to my characters unless it doesn't conform to their personalities/strengths/abilities etc. Even more so in this RP because of the way we are running it.

Thanks, Yajuu, good to know! I've been thinking about it, though: since you actually do know what you're doing, I'll probably leave the blow-by-blow stuff mostly in your hands and focus on other stuff, some of which will come into play a little further down the road when Kess knows how to wield her Key buisness. (Unless of course, you'd rather share. Then I'll do my best!)

Radom Fact, everyone: when this was started out as a slice-of-life RP, Kess was just supposed to be this strange character full of conspiracy theories. There wasn't going to be any truth to this window perception altering business at all.

I like this better. : )

Mikatao and Limerence, can't wait to see your posts! (I hope midterms went well.)

Fair enough, I'm fine with doing the blow-by-blow stuff if you'd like. I can't say I don't enjoy. What level is Val at in hand-to-hand anyway? Are we talking Batman or Fatman? And on another note, was Val calling Max's mobile? As in, the mobile he threw away when he and Kess were hiding out in the freezer room. Unless, she was leaving a message on his phone of course, although I'm not sure why she would do that!

I can't remember what I initially planned for Max. I know he was always going to be a motorbike riding cool guy but anything other than that has escaped my mind but as you say; I like this better. :D

Well, hrm, yes. I did mean the mobile Max threw at the freezer wall. :P I'd even reread that today. Oh, that means neither of them have a phone now, since Kess crunched hers on the motel wall. I suppose I'll just take that bit out then, since Val wouldn't know Katy's number. Shoot...although I guess Max and the others will be arriving soon, anyway. Crisis averted for now.

As for Val's level: She's neither Batman nor Fatman (ha). She's closer to the Batman end of the spectrum, although she'd have a harder time taking down a house full of baddies than Ray Ruine. (coughbeastcough)

Cool, cause your blow-by-blow stuff is fun to read. This 'plan' of your is intriguing, so I didn't do much with this post. And the whole mind thingy just happened. Relevant question: am I right in assuming Max is pretty attached to his hair? ("running through a library tends to mess up one's hair", running his hand through it as a habit, etc?)

I've just realised that if/when Max, Kess, and company arrive at the house then all four major factions (that exist purely in my head) will be present. We'll have Culver's side (who I presume Val is currently working for, whether as a double agent or whatever), as well as Ray's shady government company, and Katy's Anti-government group I'm hoping to bring closer to the story soon, and obviously Max and Kess are in a little group of their own.

Ok then, that gives me an idea of what will happen. Any specific martial arts she knows (Judo, Karate, jujitsu, randomattackpattern...)?

Mmm, Max's hair. I think it would probably be more accurate to say I'm attached to hair in a totally-not-freaky way and that in turn bleeds onto my characters. When I think about it, many characters that I RP as have lovely hair that they like to maintain in a certain position. However, to answer your questions; yes, Max is somewhat attached to the state of his hair. Why? You planning to shave him bald with a surprise attack!? :P

...Maybe... :p In actuality, I have no specific plans but wanted to know in case something popped into my head later. Which it just might. :)

Val...knows...how about just straight-up karate? Ooh, unless you have specific plans for that Japan-based business. In that case, Val could have learned whatever your Japan group uses and maybe throw some of that in, too.

Yeah, these different 'factions' meeting up could get pretty interesting. And mess up a lot of people's plans, ha.

So straight up Karate it is.

As for the Japan based business, I've not yet decided whether I want to bring it in or not, so at the moment I'll leave that idea on the backburner. Should an ideal oppurtunity arise for it to present it itself, however, I won't hesistate to insert it into the narrative.

Also, my post is in the works right at this point in time!

Okay, sounds good.

Sweet, looking forward to reading it!

Hey Mikatao, limerence, just checking to see if you two still plan to join at some point. : )

Good point well presented; you two still up for it? No worries if you aren't, by the way, just give us a heads up please :)

Hey, presently working on my post. I felt like I should ask this in spite of the looseness of this RP, since this would be essentially controlling Max for a tiny bit: Is it alright if he and Kess go under for a bit as well as Ray? If that's cool, how long do you want it to be before Max wakes up again?

Also, I've attempted to leave it open for you to have one guy in the other car if you want one. This'll make more sense after the post is up, but thought I'd go ahead and say it now and avoid double-posting. :)

No worries from me, although I'd rather Max wasn't out for terribly long since he's already had an unconcious bit recently.

Mm, right. I might think of a different sequence of events then. It's been pretty buy around here, but I should have the post up in the next couple of days.

Reiterating that you've got free reign over Val! Also apologizing again for the wait. (PS: I'd like Val to be easily frustrated, especially over the fact that she was switched from Ray Ruine to Max and Kess.Unless you want the current driving guy, who's Val's equal rank wise, to take charge of Max and Kess while Val goes back to Ray? Culver still doesn't completely trust her. Okay, I think that's everything!)

Also also, thanks for the fight, haha. : )

Why hello there! No complaints from me if you want to drop in and I'm sure Skie won't have a problem with it. See the spoiler tag below for a breif summary on what's going/gone down so far but I suggest reading the last couple of posts to ensure you completely understand what's going on at the moment. I'll also mention that we're running a post-what-you-want-and-we'll-deal-it RP wherein we don't ask anyone to change their post unless they break the rules (e.g. bunnying, god-moding, extremely unlikely turns in the plot) so keep that in mind. Anywho, onto the summary.

So at the moment, Kess (Skielights character) and Max (My character) are what you can refer to as the protaganists to the story while Culver is the main antagonist. The general outline to the story is that Culver is kidnapping students from the school in order to enrol them in a secret dealio he has going on underneath the school (his plan has not been expanded upon with any great detail at the moment) and Kess is his current top priority. Kess and Max were previously trying to escape from Culver (with the help of Katy (another of my characters)) but Max has recently had a revelation and has surrendered himself and Kess to Culver's lacky Val (another of Skie's characters). Kess and Max are currently being held by Val in an unknown location before being taken to the school in the morning so that Culver can get his hands on them and do whatever it is he wants them to do.

Any questions?

Hey, yeah, sounds great! Hop on in. :) If you've got questions, let us know; if we know the answer ourselves, we'll pass it on.

ThatOneRoleplayer, I'd just like to check whether you are aware that this isn't a normal school-style RP? Lovely first post, but obviously it doesn't seem to link into anything at the moment; not unless you have some kind of master plan I don't know of :)

I was assuming that T1R was aiming to be a kid who was nearby when Max and Kess came back to meet Culver. Was this correct?

Also, is T1R okay, or shall I call you something else? :)

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead