DayDreamer

Murder Mystery [Game Over]

137 posts in this topic

"IDIOT! I'm not hungry, dammit! Why doesn't anyone listen to me around this place?!"

Octavius marched angrily around the room, staring intently at the floor in apparent thought. "But yesterday I'm sure I saw the Butcher Knife in the Kitchen... or was it Frozen Meat? Aha! It must have been the Icicle that killed the damnable woman! She must have burnt herself with it! I knew kids shouldn't play with fire."

He cast a suspicious glance at Mr McEth. "You... you're trying to kill me too, AREN'T YOU!!!? I KNEW IT! STOP SPREADING YOUR GERMS ALL OVER THE FLOOR!!"

"Ah yeah that reminds me" Buckfum continued, "I was creeping about in the groundskeeper's shed last night. Was doing a bit of location scouting for a movie idea. I'm thinking of calling it "Groundskeeper's Willy", just a working title of course. Anyway I found some stuff in the shed. There was a Nailgun and also some Nails, probably for the nailgun. Oh yeah and there was some Fertilizer. Not exactly groundbreaking stuff, but I might use more 'nail' references on set, y'know, cause it's sorta suggestive of, well, y'know, nailin'."

1 person likes this

"Well, Miss Featherbottom's dead. That's unfortunate. MOVING ON! I found EncyclopediaChess Board and Inkwell in the Library."

Noir coughed a little, setting her wine glass down on the side table beside her armchair. 

"I got lost, but eventually found myself in the Janitor's Room." She said flatly. "There was no Janitor, but I found the usual Mop and Broom, with some bottles of Ammonium, too."

"Sounds like we all had interesting nights, especially so for Miss Featherbottom. Poor girl."

Burning to death can't have been pleasant, and Miss Painelope felt sorry for her. At least she was at peace now, and they were one person down from solving the mystery.

"I was checking out the cars in the Garage and found a Tire IronJumper Cablesand a Funnel."

"After all those drinks last night, I didn't have a chance to pick out a nice, fancy room. I was on non-stop bathroom trips, I hardly got any sleep! I nearly wet myself when Mr. McEth occupied the room for what felt like hours!" Miss Nikita frowned a little.

"At least I can corroborate that it's true, the bathroom did contain a Syringe and a Curling Iron. I didn't see any Painkilllers, but there were a ton of Sleeping Pills in the cabinet. Hopefully some were used to kill Miss Featherbottom, and only her remains were burned," Miss Nikita cringed. Death by burning doesn't sound particularly pleasant. 

"That must one of the most horrible deaths possible... I checked out the Garage yesterday, and I found a Tire Iron, Wrench and Funnel."

"Also, I feel at this point I should get to know you people more. So I shall Converse with Mr. McEth"

Mr. Valentino breathes out a ring of cigar smoke, "I investigated the Study, it was a drab experience as a whole, however, I found a Handgun - that could be used to deadly effect, i'm sure. A pair of Callipers and a Safe Box." He looked around the room, "I would like to converse with Mr. Buckfum, as he seems an unusual fellow. I would also suggest that every day, once or twice, we collect all our information together in the thread so as to narrow the field of suspects."

"For sake of consistency, I will do it, if there are no objections..." Mr. Valentino tapped the ash off the end of his cigar and summed up what information the group had presented thus far.

STUDY - 3/6

Handgun - Claimed by Valentine
Callipers - Claimed by Valentine
Safe Box - Claimed by Valentine

LOUNGE - 6/6
Television
 - Confirmed by Group
Radio - Confirmed by Group
Guitar - Confirmed by Group
Alcohol - Confirmed by Group
Drinking Glasses - Confirmed by Group
Matches - Confirmed by Group

BATHROOM - 4/6
Painkillers - Claimed by Ethereal
Curling Iron - Claimed by Ethereal - Confirmed by Nikkia?
Syringe - Claimed by Ethereal - Confirmed by Nikkia?
Sleeping Pills - Claimed by Nikkia

KITCHEN - 3/6
Butcher Knife - Claimed by TriOctium
Frozen Meat - Claimed by TriOctium
Icicle - Claimed by TriOctium

GROUNDSKEEPER'S SHED - 3/6
Nails - Claimed by Kyo
Nailgun - Claimed by Kyo
Fertilizer  - Claimed by Kyo

LIBRARY - 3/6
Encyclopedia - Claimed by Seanzilla
Inkwell - Claimed by Seanzilla
Chess Board - Claimed by Seanzilla

JANITOR'S ROOM - 3/6
Mop - Claimed by Noia
Broom - Claimed by Noia
Ammonium - Claimed by Noia

GARAGE - 4/6
Tire Iron - Claimed by Pain - Confirmed by DragonGuard?
Funnel - Claimed by Pain - Confirmed by DragonGuard?
Jumper Cables - Claimed by Pain
Wrench - Claimed by DragonGuard

"In addition, just a thought..." Mr. Valentino paused for effect, "I believe our murderer could well have high intelligence, as implied by the Lounge's item list. Look at the items. One is a book of matches, the other is alcohol. One could easily have doused the person in alcohol if the proof was high enough and then lit them on fire. Both items require average or higher intelligence as they are blue items. I suggest our next move is to confirm as many people's traits as possible, so we can find out who of us are of average or higher intellect, and so, are likely culprits - assuming that further items cannot be combined to produce the same effect."

"In that case it would be best if we were to reveal the results of our conversation. I can't confirm whether Octavius is the dimwit he seems, but at the very least he has average dexterity. I'll converse with Octavius again, maybe this time I can find out how dumb he really is."

"I'd like to conversewith mr Valentino. He seems like a clever chap. Handsome too. Perhaps you'd like to star in one of my movies?"

"I'll confirm that he has average dexterity. I also discovered that Mr Grumpypants has average strength,"

"I can confirm that Miss Noir is of Average Intelligence."

"Start throwing around accusations Mr. Grumpypants, you could well be next. We couldn't have you squealing now, could we?"

"I'd also like to converse with Miss Painelope," Miss Nikita said aloud, before taking the woman by the arm. "What do you say about checking out the kitchen? I'm quite hungry." 

"You say your name is Painelope? Featherbottom sure did feel a lot of... pain," she eyed the woman curiously.

"Don't touch me."

What was it with this woman and arm grabbing? She pulled her limb away roughly, but had to admit that she was hungry. It seemed she'd be going to the kitchen with Miss Nikita anyway, just without any contact. 

"She didn't feel much of me, unfortunately. She died without that privilege. And I'm hoping she didn't experience much pain before her death."

The majestic Brigadier General Bleckingham awakes from his stupor, shaking his magnificent moustache to and fro with a start.

"This is all confusing bunk, to me. I'm going to converse with Mr. Buckfum this instant to see what all of this hubbub's about." 

"First of all I must thank mister valentino for the list, that is quite useful. Next I'd like to confide in you that Mr. Bleckingham has average Dexterity. Now then I agree to head into the Kitchen I could use a sandwich."

"Well, I guess lady Painelope is innocent. She can't have average intelligence if she thinks I honestly believe Noir is the killer now."

OOC: ily pain don't cry

"Fishsticks and guppy bowls," Octavius tried to converse with Miss Painelope once more. "This little girlie had average Dexterity, but something's not wrong! NOT RIGHT!! LEFT!!!!"

"Miss Nikita had Average Intelligence, too." She piped up, waving Mr Grumpypants' light jab away. "So that makes it two of us. Going into the kitchen sounds good, as it currently seems like it's housing quite a few lethal items. We'd be able to keep track of the items at least. "

"Oh, come to think of it. I'd like to know (converse) a little more about Mr Grumpypants, too."

"Mr Valentino is of average intelligence indeed. It's reasonable to assume that a box of matches and alcohol would be sufficient to set a person on fire. However, the murderer could not have removed both the matches and alcohol from the Lounge.* Because, er, it was dark!"

"Oh, unless the murderer already came prepared with either the alcohol or matches and fortuitously found the other half he needed while Investigating the Lounge."

"In any case, it's odd that the Murderer should decide to take something from the very room that he/she knew would be investigated by the collective the next day. Wait, in fact, if we found the matches and the alcohol in the Lounge today, then surely they weren't used by the murderer the night before?"**

McEth frowned. He did so partly from the discomfort his throat was causing him, but also from a gradual realization of several more facts.

"Mr Valentino… Brigadier General Bleckingham… and... Miss Nikita, I just remembered that the three of you... *coughing fit* mostly kept... *fit* to yourselves yesterday. Now, there's a very real… *pauses to clear his throat* possibility that you were distracted by affairs elsewhere or merely felt reticent, but it may also be that you wished to keep yourself… *phlegm* under the radar." He paused to catch his breath.

"Also, Brigadier General Bleckingham, you've yet to share with us the results of your investigations from the- *swallows* night! Surely a veteran like yourself would not be so tardy like this!"

Slightly abashed by his outburst, McEth deflated slightly. He continues, "If I follow our conversations correctly, here are the revealed character charts:

Mr Valentino has AVG Intelligence.

Miss Noir has AVG Intelligence.

BG Bleckingham has AVG Dexerity.

Painelope has AVG Dexerity.

Nikita has AVG Dexerity.

Mr Grumpypants has AVG Strength.

Mr Octavius has AVG Dexerity.

Mr Buckfum has ???

Mr Orad has ???

I have ???"

OOC: Gotta clarify.

*How many items can the Murderer have at the time he murdered ack? It says in the sign-up thread that:

Murders may be committed with items the Murderer has acquired (the murderer will also start with a special hidden item that they may use only once for a murder), or any items or features discovered in the room the murder is to take place in.

In this thread, it also states that:

You must have a Deadly object in your Inventory, or use one you discover in the room the Murder takes place in.

Are both of this still valid? So it's possible to take 1 item from the room the Murderer investigates (eg. Lounge), and another 1 item from the room where he commits the murder (Garden)? Plus the item he already has, that's up to 3 items he has?

Does that mean that the Murderer effectively gets to investigate the room in which he kills too? 

**Is it correct to assume that if the murderer had removed an item from the Lounge, he removes ALL of it and it shouldn't turn up in our collective search of the Lounge today? 

I realized under the guidelines that StalkInvestigate and Murder were listed as separate actions. That means it's possible to say, Stalk ack, then Investigate any room (taking an item from there at the same time), and then Murder Miss Featherbottoms in the Garden since he knows where she is?

Does the Murderer's investigation of a location reveal who is in it? That means to say, is it also possible that he Stalked someone else, Investigated the Garden (and found ack there), and then decided to Murder her there?

If the murderer removed an item from a room and then someone investigated that room, would it show 3/5 instead or would it simulate reality and still show 3/6 (you can only know what's in the room and not what's not in the room)? If it's the latter, then even if 5 people searched the same room at Night, we can never know for sure whether a particular item was removed or we just somehow missed it due to sheer luck, yeah?

Sorry for the questions. It's just that I'm not sure if all the ideas mentioned in the introduction of the sign-up thread were applied.

"My goodness, you're correct! I was so distracted with keeping my moustache tidy that I'd nearly forgotten.

I investigated the Dining Room in the wee hours, only to find a Fork, Candlestick, and Tablecloth. Hardly any items of note, though the fork is quite pointy."

(Bleck what color were the items, it's important to know what skills it takes to use them) :)