Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Seanzilla

CLOSED A: Dungeon Master Online Episode 1

248 posts in this topic

wololo xD

My RP stuff has to be filled in later too.

Anyone else here spent like... 4-5 hours creating their char? xD

:O Didn't know Noia was going with a Cleric. Should Kyo still go with another Leader? (Actually that doesn't sound so bad in a death game like DMO)

Well Sean said the 6th person would be an extra that may make the game a bit easier than intended, so I don't think it matters in the slightest.

I'm pretty much familiarising myself just now. My plan is to have a character up tomorrow evening. If you guys think another leader is good if can do that or a defender. I'd rather balance the team.

Glad I'm not alone in the uncompleted sheet club  :lol:

This thing took me a pretty long time to do too, but then again I'm a complete newbie at this... Spent most of yesterday night being all ????? in front of the PHB.

Also uhhhh. I don't know how the game works in the field but my plan was to just hang in the back and spam heals. I know the PHB stated the direct opposite but I guess I'll just have to see how things will turn out when the game starts. :I

Either a second Leader or a second Defender is fine Kyo. Just pick what you want.

I'd prefer to not be the one in charge, if it means anything

:lol:

Haha by the looks of your character Noia you need to be bashing the monsters' heads in at close range if you want to heal us. So that pretty much prevents you from staying at the back and spamming heals.

Kinda leaning towards warlord now. At any rate I'll have a character sheet up tomorrow. I will endeavour not to disappoint!

Being a Leader doesn't mean you're in charge XD It's just the name of your role!

I had been thinking about being a rogue, but I see we have one. Or a wizard. But we have one. lol. So I don't really know, those are the sort of things I tend to gravitate towards in games, MMO's, and the like. Too much, information overload. 

dangit

I thought my skills' range looked pretty adequate.

:(

Being a Leader doesn't mean you're in charge XD It's just the name of your role!

That sure unrustled my jimmies. I was practically sweating bullets over the potential added burden of extra responsibility. XD

Buuut yea! I gotta get off to work now. I'll check back though, whenever I get the chance to touch my phone.

Oh man Val...

Oh man.

Oh man.

I'll open up one last spot for you, since you were pretty eager yesterday. I just need to figure out how to prevent this from becoming a clusterfuck XD

Well, I mean, I could step out of this game so long as it won't go on for like, ever. And you could school me on DnD a bit so I could understand what the heck it all means and join the next. Cus everyone seems to be grasping it just fine but my eyes start to glaze over at the character sheet. Can't do numbers. lol

Well, I mean, I could step out of this game so long as it won't go on for like, ever. And you could school me on DnD a bit so I could understand what the heck it all means and join the next. Cus everyone seems to be grasping it just fine but my eyes start to glaze over at the character sheet. Can't do numbers. lol

Um well, I used the chat function for questions and I spent like a full afternoon trying to get a sheet right, just follow the steps and by the end you'll have a somewhat fair knowledge of what everything is. But yeah.. be prepared to put in like... at least 5 hours just to create your char and read up on what is what.

And I still don't know the full rules and everything.

Well, I thought I'd run this as a huge episodic campaign. This 'Episode' would last until... level 3 or 4? Depending on how frequent people post that shouldn't last that long.

Either way you're free to join if you want to. I'll just split the group in 2 at the start.

Hmm that seems like a good idea, if people wanna drop out or whatever they can do that at the end of an episode so not to ruin the game too much.

Alright, i'll stay in so and try to do my character. 4-5 hours might not be the time I can devote to a character profile though. lol. But then, I do so many in RPing and in video games that maybe I can wing it and do it quickly with Sean's advice.

Sanzi is it okay if I use some spells not found in the PHB? Like Freezing Burst / Arc Lightning from Heroes of the Fallen Lands and Winged Horde from Dragon 381.

>.> at this point you can do whatever you want, as long as you stick to the requirements

Made a few changes: Magic Missile changed to Arc Lightning, Scorching Burst changed to Freezing Burst, Acid Arrow changed to Sleep. Also, my feat is now Armor Proficiency - Leather, because more AC is always good in death games.

I have this whole master plan to become a Kirito Wizard. Eladrin Sword Wizardry, Dual Implement Spellcaster and Wizard of the Spiral Tower basically unlocks dual-wielding sword explosions. For more survivability, I could multiclass into Ranger and get Two-Weapon Fighting / Two-Weapon Defense. Or if I wanted to add damage, any of the Implement Expertise feats would do nicely, since Eladrin Sword Wizardry and Wizard of the Spiral Tower stacks to turn my longswords into two implements at the same time.

dangit

I thought my skills' range looked pretty adequate.

:(

For a ranged healer, you're pretty much fine. All you need is to swap your Encounter Power (Healing Strike) out for something like Divine Glow. Healing Strike triggers off your melee weapon, so you'll need to bash somebody before it hits. Everything else, however, triggers off your implement and has a range of some form. Divine Glow will fall in line with those.

Also, if anybody else (Kyo, looking at you) needs help to pick the kind of character they want to have, I'm available over pms or just here in the thread.

Okay ny day has become hectic already (and its only 0930 am) so I don't think I can get a sheet up today. Ill have a few hours here or there but I dont want to rush it. My plan was to sit down all afternoon and work through it but thats not going to happen.

I will 100 percent get it up tomorrow. Although I realise im holding people up so you are well within your right to say "gtfo, Kyo!"

GTFO Kyo! Get Things Figured Out at work/home before starting with your character sheet!

We'll wait.

In the meantime I realised Sean asked a page ago that we should consider how/if our characters know each other already. So I'm wondering what sort of start we are going to have - are we to be a group of friends in the game just going about the business of being trapped, or are we going to be a group gathered together by some circumstance/situation?