Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Seanzilla

CLOSED A: Dungeon Master Online Episode 1

248 posts in this topic

I'm okay with both ways. My original plan was to have my character go around, looking for party members to form the ideal party (since he's a munchkin and all) but I'd prefer the situation of our characters already knowing each other IRL.

I think a random group that formed is better, that way there can be some drama within the group itself because we don't trust each other.

Also it allows for better introductions and conversations, like, if someone went 'I miss my mother' and my char would be like 'What's your mother like?' it would be somewhat strange.

But then again, maybe one or two of you could be friends?

But if we are friends when you say "I miss my mother" I can say "your mom is hot..."

1 person likes this

Well the thing I was thinking is since my character is a bit of a loner (if the name "Solitude" doesn't make that evident), that he could have some acquaintance(s) among the others and join the group as a means to take on some situation.

It'll be very different if we're just supposed to be going about daily business in this storyline, as opposed to if there is some catalyst that will trigger this storyline. It also depends exactly where we're starting with it. If we're gonna be starting immediately after finding out we're trapped, then that of course will be the catalyst. But if we're starting several days/weeks later, then we will be in a different situation where there is no starting catalyst unless some event happens.

I assumed that since this was based off SAO, the starting point would be similar - where the Kayaba Akihito of DMO will make a grand announcement and shock everyone, thus starting the events of the RP.

But I still think there'll be some level of daily life going on, just like in SAO. I for one intend on claiming a house as soon as I obtain the Arcane Lock ritual.

Eladrin need no tents. I merely need to 'meditate' for 4 hours with the added bonus of being fully conscious while doing so, in case anything tries to eat us while sleeping.

Also I think DG's idea of having some characters being friends and some characters being newcomers could work.

I must admit, I know next to nothing about the rest of this, but being influenced by .Hack I will likely be making myself comfortable in the world by imagining it much like .Hack. lol. Time to get out my OST's. 

O.o I have only ever watched SIGN and I'm afraid to watch anything else because I just love it so damn much.

I'll tell you guys how I plan to start the RP so you can plan accordingly. I'm on my phone, so no fancy formatting and lots of typos incoming!

- game started everyone excited yay yay

- startung areas are decided at random, all your PCs start in 'Winterhaven'

- few mins later shit we cant go offline wtf

- holy shit i heard some dudes died and didnt respawn?

- hey everyone i am random pc but i think it might be best if we go forward in groups we dont know ehats up

- ye dude ur smart

- i kno thx bro

- oh lol a group quest to explore a mine oh man i gotta have a group

- yay i found a group

> This is where the RP starts.

If I was ever stuck in this situation I'd probably just hang around in a non-PK place and wait until the whole deal was fixed xD

Unless..... Everything is PK area O.O

Rofl silly DG. Anything other than the three starting areas is a PK area.

Well DG if you give SAO or Log Horizon a try, they do try to explain what people would normally do under situations like this. SAO being the death game scenario, and Log Horizon being "What if you could PK without any consequences?" I believe there would be a win condition to Dungeon Master Online, which will definitely require players to venture out of PK-safe zones to achieve.

Sean will there be guilds that our characters can join? Guilds have always played a pretty big role in things like this. Are there any benefits to joining a guild?

Also, no dreaded Kayaba Akihito announcement? Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

There are guilds, but that's something I'm saving for a later adventure ;)

Hmm I see, and I actually like the idea of having to feed your character or else you die.

That way people who are too afraid to venture out into the wild will have to resort to begging and selling their starter gear.

And the longer they wait, the higher level everyone else will be, so the more underpowered they'd be...

Edit: Also, I want to join the sheep herder guild!

Okay, now that I am on my PC, list of RL/MMO mechanics:

• Characters have a 'Hunger' bar. You need to eat to replenish it or else you'll be weakened. (-X on rolls).
  • Characters have a 'Fatigue' bar. Same as with the Hunger bar you have to sleep to prevent roll penalties. However, sleeping in game allows your RL brain to rest as well, which means that sleep deprivation inside the world of DMO can have serious RL consequences.
  • Characters can get sick based on the weather, this would debuff them.

So your character has to eat, but you won't die IRL if you don't.

Sign was okay, Roots was the best, but Liminality and Legend of the Twilight were okay too. Actually, I dunno, I rather liked Sign more than Roots for the longest time because it was the first one I watched and felt most like what I wanted .Hack to be, so I dunno. But they're all good though.

EDIT: I'm gonna be a PK, or a PKK. Cus that's how I role.  :3

Yo dudes listen up.

To prevent the game from being a clusterfuck for this one time I'll run this adventure twice, with two different groups. Wahad is going to play the Defender in both groups, Kyo and Noia are going to be Leaders and I'll divide the remaining Strikers/Controllers based on whether they are ranged or melee.

Now the question is would you guys mind me running the same Quest in both groups or would you rather I create two Quests? Wahad's opinion on this would count for the most, since he'd have to do everything twice (with minor differences depending on your choices).

The groups would end up probably being:

Cha'ac (Wahad), Iris (Noia), Solitude (DayDreamer) and Amroth (DragonGuard)

'Paladin' (Wahad), Warlord (Kyo), Quarius (Timey) and Striker (Valentine)

I'm assuming Kyo still wants to play a Warlord and Valentine will still be rolling a Striker PC. 

Looks like DD has already failed in his life's mission to pickpocket me. XD

Don't worry. Since this is meant to be an epic campaign, the two parties will meet at the end of the first Quest. From that point on though every Quest (or Episode of this Campaign, as you will) will be played by a max of 5 Players. Running double games for every Episode would be a major pain in the ass >.>

Pockets will get picked eventually!

EDIT: In fact, since Timey is intent on getting a Guild asap, after the first Quest when the two parties meet up you can form your guild. So start thinking of a name :D (Also pick a Guild leader)

Another change of plans! I don't care about your opinions I am running the same Quest with both parties. Two seperate adventures is too much work. Also welcome rubberrazors as the Defender of Group B!

Edited by Seanzilla