Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Seanzilla

CLOSED A: Dungeon Master Online Episode 1

248 posts in this topic

Well, 1 vote for each.

Also, since we have 2 groups, there are 2 spots open at the moment. But if those two spots are closed, that's it. I've been nice enough >.>

Yeah I'll take this chance to repeat that having a character created specifically for DnD is essential. I'm going to start the RP in about 24 hours and it would be helpful if everyone could have their characters ready around then.

Sounds like great advice, Wahad. I'll swap out the skill. Thanks for helping me out! 

Warlord Kyo will have a character sheet tomorrow. Everything else i have to do tomorrow is getting tossed aside until its done!

Oh hey guys, not to confuse you or anything, but after careful discussion (basically begging and pushing Sean) we have decided that we want to have a small edit to the rules:

In PHB 2 There is a feat called Melee Training, which description is like this:

Melee Training
Benefit: Choose an ability other than Strength.
When you make a melee basic attack using a
weapon you are proficient with, you can use that
ability instead of Strength for the attack roll and the
damage roll.

This means that if you are proficient with a melee weapon you can use an other ability than strength. For my build (archer ranger) this means I can use Dex, allowing my melee attacks to be much better than they otherwise would. Although I do have to switch my weapons to do this.

Every player will have this feat by default from the start of the game. So you're allowed have two feats at lvl 1, Melee training and any of choice (assuming you have the right conditions).

Sean asked me to post this here, since he's freaking busy.

Guess I'll be readjusting my ability stats then, since I had put a bunch into Strength specifically for the attack/damage aspect.

Also yeah, it's probably better if pickpocketing Octy is saved until he actually has something worth stealing.

Even before you got this feat you only used STR for basic attacks. All your powers used Dex for Attack and for Damage :P

So I guess I'm in this now.  Damn it Sanzi  ><

Seems Im in the group with Kyo, Val, Demonic Gate...    Lets see if I cant learn myself a bit of 4e.

THIS SHIT IS SO CLOSED

I DONT CARE HOW CUTE YOU ARE YOU ARE TOO LATE.

CLOSED

Even before you got this feat you only used STR for basic attacks. All your powers used Dex for Attack and for Damage :P

Oh yeah, I was thinking of how it says melee attacks are strength and ranged are dexterity. But indeed my powers specify dex. Glad we got this ability anyway though, otherwise I wouldn't have found that out.

THIS SHIT IS SO CLOSED

I DONT CARE HOW CUTE YOU ARE YOU ARE TOO LATE.

CLOSED

No closed?

So people can still join?

1 person likes this

By the way, I changed the groups a bit! DD can pickpocket Timey now!

I'll also mostly be using premade Towns and re-purposing them for the RP and picking up maps whever I find one that suits the adventure, so maps will differ from each other. >.>

EDIT: The group is now officially split into two groups, two threads. I also added the first few maps so you can have a look at the world of DMO and your starting city. More description will be added later.

Edited by Seanzilla

Crap

... But on the bright side, I get the Megazord on my team.

EDIT: I was looking for Winterhaven on the World Map for a while, but then I realized that it's not there. The Mitra Continent is the one on the top right, correct?

Edited by TriOctium

Yeah, it is.

That's my bad >.> I'll fix it.

EDIT: Fixed.

Edited by Seanzilla

What are those little symbols like a dot and a circle around it? Is there any difference between the triangular tree and the cotton candy-like tree? What does a line with a few dots on the right represent?

Also, this looks huge. Will you be using the whole world map eventually?

How much of the World Map I'll end up using... depends. Better to be safe and have space to play than not >.>

Also the dots with a circle around them are 'points of interest'. So they could be anything from Dungeons to places of worship.

No difference, simply something aesthetic. Some of the forests are jungles though

The lines are rivers.

Do the Expertise feats for the same weapon / implement stack on top of each other?

For example, I take Versatile Expertise ("Choose a weapon group and an implement type. You gain a +1 feat bonus to all attack rolls with both groups. Bonus scales up at para and epic to 2/3. Feat can be taken again for different weapons.") and pick Longsword and Wand. So I get +1 to all attack rolls with both longswords and wands. Now, if I pick Wand Expertise (+1 feat bonus to all attack rolls with wands), do I get a total of +2 feat bonus when I use a Wand?

No. They don't stack.

Feats only stack when they are different types; two expertise feats don't stack.