Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Seanzilla

CLOSED A: Dungeon Master Online Episode 1

248 posts in this topic

Dude do you even sleep?

posting stuff at 3.30 am and 6.00 am...

Anyway, start this! D:

It depends on what you want. A familiar needs a few feats to be really good, but just picking one up is alright.

Still waiting on a few people from group B to finish their characters. I'll give them a few more hours, if they aren't done by then I'll start this.

I have my character mostly done minus a few finishing touches that I didn't get done

For now we'll be using http://www.wizards.com/dnd/dice/dice.htm for rolls. Simply input all the data and then copy paste the results in this thread. Example: I want to do an Attack and Damage roll for a basic attack with Faeron. I'd simply input +6 at the D20 and +3 at the D8 and roll them both. Results are:

Roll(1d8)+3:

5,+3
Total:8

Roll(1d20)+6:
9,+6
Total:15

This system isn't perfect, since everyone could cheat if they wanted to, but the first adventure is easy enough to complete if without cheating, so I'll just trust everyone not to! S*T will have it's own roll system eventually.

Out of combat actions that require me to react as an NPC can be handled 2 ways:

1: You post your action in the RP and I'll post a reply.
2: You post your action here (or on Skype), I tell you the reply and you integrate it into your post.

I'd prefer method 2 for long conversations as that would avoid us having to post 1 sentence replies in the RPG.

When performing Skill checks, post the action you would like to take and the dice roll in this thread (or again on Skype), I'll tell you the result of your actions and then you can post your reply in the RPG.

I'll be out for the majority of the day today, so II'l get my post out only later tonight. Sorry!

Not really related to game , just wanted to give time kudos for making me choke on my water.

Blade science offline was hilarious

I'm a derp and forgot that instead of asking some random dude, I could use Streetwise to gather information. So, DM, I shall attempt that.

Also I'll just explain the change of idea as not wanting to go to the inn when that wizard was so eager about it. Since Streetwise takes 1 hour, the rest of the group could go on ahead into the inn anyway and I'll just reappear once yous finish in there, to explain what info (if any) I obtained in the meantime. Or yous could just not go in and we'd time-skip to one hour later.

EDIT: Forgot roll :|

Roll(1d20)+9:
11,+9
Total:20

You have heard rumors that Valthrun is looking for ''open minded" people.

So just to let you guys know here, perhaps more visibly than looking back through Skype, I've had Sol extract Valthrun's quest, and I've also visited the Lord of the town and sort of coaxed a quest out of him too (the prior being retrieve a ring from some bandits, the latter being that the lord has promised to reward us if we happen to exterminate those same bandits). However Sean tells me Octy has also gone to speak to the Lord, and so chronologically my conversation would be after that, so my post with all my findings will have to wait until Octy does his.

But yeah basically we have a pretty good two-for-one quest now. It's to the south-east apparently, so it's probably the POI DG suggested us head for in the first place.

Is it possible to get the rewards from both Valthrun and Paldraig for the same quest?

Also I got a quest from the Lord regarding some goblins. The reward is 120 gold pieces, but we might have a chance at getting magic items too. So I guess if you guys don't mind, we can do both goblins and bandits at the same time.

Anyway, I'll get my post up in another 3 hours or so, cuz I'm out of my house now.

EDIT: Oh the goblin quest is to the north, so we can't do both quests at the same time after all.

Edited by TriOctium

Well Valthrun is only after the ring, so we could theoretically just sneakily steal it and leave, whereas Paldraig will pay if we actually take out the bandits, so they are compatible. The thing is the ring is apparently stolen from Paldraig, and Paldraig said he could only offer some meager reward from his own pocket for it (he said its only worth coppers). Valthrun mentioned gold as a reward for it, and in particular a handsome reward since we could instead otherwise return it to Paldraig (well he said he'd match any others' offers for it, so we could try Bluffing to squeeze him for extra money when the time comes).

Anyway since we can't do both at the same time (probably not wise to split up for actual combat), I would suggest the bandits one first, simply because the information about their whereabouts says they may or may not stay where they are, so if we do the goblins first the bandits may have left by the time we get to them.

Feel like I should just edit my post and make the two talk to flower elf first, so everyone will finish gathering info roughly around the same time.

Probably edit it if he still haven't posted before I got my butt back home.

Alright, I don't mind doing the bandits one first too.

Feel like I should just edit my post and make the two talk to flower elf first, so everyone will finish gathering info roughly around the same time.

Probably edit it if he still haven't posted before I got my butt back home.

I think we're good as-is. Assuming the next post wraps that up, and Wahad takes one post to either cover anybody he's questioned, we're not gonna be stuck waiting. I'm going to start the conversation with Quarius as to which quest we'll go on first. You, DG, and Wahad can all come join that conversation as the end to your posts, chiming in with anything you've got or any opinions about the choice, and we should be good to move on then.

You could just say something like "Solitude and Quarius were discussing whether to go on a quest against bandits or goblins first", that way we can just assume you overhear the quest details rather than having to RP Sol and Quarius explaining our quests.

I'm gonna have some breakfast, after which I'll either see what Noia has written or I'll bully Sean into responding as the Flower Girl. If he's online (on laptop now).

Also, Valthrun kinda explained to Amroth that the bandits were probably too high of an level for their group, so he won't be too eager to go to the bandits. But I'll place that in the RP.

I won't be back till four hours later, still stuck in suckfest. You could go ahead and stuff, yeh.

DD and me have +11 and +9 stealth respectively, should we scout ahead and see what we're up against?

I'll shoot a long range arrow in your general direction if we get in trouble.

See, it's in these kinds of situations that a Familiar would have been really useful. :P

Anyway, shooting arrows at us may not be such a good idea. You might hit the squishy wizard. You could just shout if they notice you.

Where would you stealth toward though, there is kind of a huge stone door in front of you :P

I suppose the big strong Warforged could push it open for us.