Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Seanzilla

CLOSED A: Dungeon Master Online Episode 1

248 posts in this topic

I was about to suggest that I could cast a Silence ritual over the whole area, but I realized that it's not worth it. The ritual cost itself is 30gp.

WELP I GUESS WE'LL GO CHARGING IN THEN

I think the best first act is to like examine the door closely, whoever has the best skills for that sort of thing. That should hopefully reveal any hidden features (such as a door handle) that would make getting in a lot easier.

EDIT:

That's probably DG, since he's trained both dungeoneering and perception, and at least one of those should apply.

I have a +5 to Perception, not sure if that's the skill needed here. But I guess I can try examining the door if that's the case.

Do I need to roll for a Perception check?

You would indeed. We didn't notice anything passively, so only an active search may turn something up.

No, your passive perception is high enough.

You immediately notice weird marks on the group. Further investigation reveals that these traces follow the path of the door if it were pushed outwards and it is likely that they head in the opposite direction of the door as well.

1 person likes this

I don't really understand. The weird marks on the 'group' - is the 'group' referring to us? Unless you were referring to the ground.

In which case it means the door can be opened both ways. That doesn't really help much, cuz we're concerned about the amount of sound it will generate, right? Will anything else be revealed if I roll a natural 20?

ROFL TYPO

meant 'ground'

No, not really. That's the only bit of info you'll get.

Oh! And that you can't find anykind of mechanism used to open the door.

I shouldn't do this shit at 3AM >.>

I say we open the door outwards and blast the hell out of whatever that comes out.

Everyone roll for initiative. (1d20 + dex modifier + feats + 1/2 level)

Encounter 1: Map

Warriors
Roll(1d20)+5:
9,+5
Total:14

Sharpshooter
Roll(1d20)+5:
9,+5
Total:14

Blackblade
Roll(1d20)+7:
11,+7
Total:18

Cutter
Roll(1d20)+3:
12,+3
Total:15

Current Order: Timey > DragonGuard > Blackblade > Noiarrr > Wahad > Cutter > Sharpshooter > Warrior > DayDreamer.

All encounter maps will be displayed on Roll20.

All you have to do is create an account and you'll be able to join the campaign and watch the encounter maps in real time.

FINE I'LL POST ROY'S ROLL FOR HIM. I DON'T MIND BUMPING UP MY POST COUNT.

Roll(1d20)+0:
17,+0
Total:17

I couldn't find whichever website we were supposed to use, so I used invisible castle.

1d20 → [17] = (17)
17+4
Total: 21

Thank you :)

I'll use it from now on.

Still hangin with my 17 for now though :P

So I'm going to sleep now and will be at work immediately after waking up, so I won't really be available for say 18 hours now. We're on the verge of combat though, and I will have a few breaks and chances to post the sort of short post we're likely to be doing, while at work. So basically, if you guys get up to my turn or need my input, post something in here and I'll be able to get to it. I just won't be able to sit on the map site or Skype following everything is all, but if you relay it here I'll be able to participate as necessary so we can keep moving.

Ye I don't think there'll be much action tonight either way

By the time the other half of the people get online I'll bet some of us may be heading to bed already. 

Rolling for attack roll for Arc Lightning on GC1 and GC2.

GC1:

Roll(1d20)+5:
11,+5
Total:16
Hit.

GC2:
Roll(1d20)+5:
4,+5
Total:9
Miss.

Rolling for damage roll for Arc Lightning on GC1.
Roll(1d6)+5:
2,+5
Total:7
Kill confirmed.

Quarius cast a quick glance at the humongous room inside, visibly surprised at the cavernous space before him. He didn't expect to fight goblins in an area this big. Clearly, the others were surprised to a certain extent too, and for a short moment, all of them stood at the doorway, gaping at the amazingly crafted room before them. Every single detail had been carved into the rocks and the walls, from the towering dwarven statues to the tiniest cracks on the rocks. Quarius quickly snapped out of his reverie, however, noticing that enemies were already upon them. As he prepared to make a move, the image of a dice appeared in front of his line of sight, rotating rapidly in mid-air before coming to a stop on a glowing 22.

It appears that he had rolled for Initiative, and was going to go first.

"Just as well," he said to himself, before turning to look at the rest of his teammates. "I'm going to position myself where the ranged goblin can't get to me!" He turned and ran off towards the great statue on the right, stopping just behind the great flaming brazier that was positioned in front. "Now I need to attack them... Let's see. I just raise my wand like this, and... Arc Lightning!"

A streak of electricity burst forth from the tip of his implement, crossing the vast distance between him and the goblins in the blink of an eye. The next thing he knew, he saw one of them recoil from shock, a glowing red 7 emerging from its chest before it exploded into a shower of pixels. His vision traced the path of the other streak of lightning, which had soared cleanly over another goblin's head. "Looks like I need to practice on my aiming... But not bad for a first strike." Quarius found himself grinning, making a few practice swings with the longsword he held in his other hand as his heart pounded in his chest. Who knew shooting lightning could be this exciting?

Goblin sharp shooter:

Shot 1:

Roll(1d20)+7:
15,+7
Total:22

Hit!

Shot 2:
Roll(1d20)+7:
16,+7
Total:23

Hit!

Damage: