Bleck

Secret Santa 2013

Secret Santa 2013   12 members have voted

1. 1. How much should the cap be?

• $10
    • $15
    • $20

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

191 posts in this topic

Now I'm tempted to give out my address, just to LR though...

1 person likes this

I would also like to send a secret gift to someone. May I join?

Haggis is great, but its a lot like black pudding, except coarser.

It's very nice, don't be put off for whatever reasons you might think.

I'll make sure whoever gets a gift from me is truly heartfelt. I'll give them an actual heart. Like, Davy Jones. That way they can rule the seas.

Careful what you wish for. I COULD BE SERIOUS. ;D

And, considering it's a $10 or $20 limit, you probably don't have to agonize *too* much over what to get your person. It's the thought that counts. 

If I had a little more money on hand I would totally participate, but I don't think I'll be able to.. 8C 

I'm still gonna try to send some cards, but I can't do both. Have fun with it, you guys! 

Secret Santa would be way cheaper than sending cards. XD But then you're only giving to one perosn instead of many. HMMM.

So what do we do, just send our addresses to HH and she will relay them to whoever gets picked to be our secret santa? O.o

If that's not how it's going to go, that's too bad, because I'm going to send mine now. XD

...huh ack I guess you're right I8 Maybe I should just do SS instead of sending cards..? (Speaking of which, is someone gonna make a thread for that or what, cause I'm definitely selfish enough to ask for one or two without sending any. aha ha sob i'm so lonely) 

All right, put my name on the list, please. As a sidenote, I like things that are cute, red, fox-related, or Aries-related~~~ But I'm positive I will squeal over anything I get. 

So is the cap 10, or 20? 

I hi-jacked the first post and added a poll. You can choose as many amounts as you feel comfortable with!

Also just fyi but how strict is this cap. I mean, for example, I don't use dollars, I use pounds. So if I buy something and it's ten pounds rather than 10 dollars, is that still cool? Or do I have to make the conversion based on current exchange rates and have my gift be worth...£6.21?

Isn't it kinda the rule that you just buy something nice and fun for another person. If I got a present that was thoughtful and fun but costs 5 dollars, I'm not gonna complain. And if I find a present which I really think would be awesome for whoever I got, but it costs 12 dollars, I'm not gonna complain either.

Just spend what you wish and can afford (and is not ridiculously much) and just have fun.

1 person likes this

I think that's going to be up to your descrestion.

And note, it's a CAP. You can spend less than what the cap is!

Ah, i'm confused - how come we aren't being given who we're being the secret santa for? Only, well maybe its just me, cus everyone else is like 'buying their gift now!' and I have no idea who i'm even buying for yet. Did I miss a post or...? lol

How much longer we waiting before we actually start the whole hat thing anyway?

No, we haven't picked anything yet. Here's the current states of this thread:

- Still accepting sign-ups

- People have started sending their addresses to HH, who is our designated randomizer

- Voting for how much the cap should be

I think we could still have another week of sign-ups, and everybody should have their gifts mailed out no later than November 30th!

That sounds good, Nov 30th is plenty of time, i'll likely go into town tomorrow and put some money in my bank for christmas presents so i'll likely be posting mine pretty early. Yay christmas and presents and holiday cheer! Some people are grumps at christmas but not me, i'm just a grump the rest of the year.   :3