Seanzilla

B: Dungeon Master Online E1

44 posts in this topic

Bhaskan saw his opportunity. Two of his foes were grouped together. An opportunity to kill two birds with one stone. He drew breath as he channelled energy to manifest the technique passed down through his kin. With a terrific roar, an icy cold blast shot out from Bhaskan's open mouth, shrouding over the area where the enemies were. He smirked triumphantly as he waited for the icy dust to settle. However his expression soured as the two Goblins emerged unscathed. 

"Impossible!" he snarled, "No matter, I will end one of you by force!"

Bhaskan shifted to his right and raised his warhammer above his head, swinging it down upon the Goblin Blackblade. But alas, the creature avoided his attack. His nostrils flared and he growled with discontent and frustration. His eyes flitted to the two Goblin Warriors began to draw closer. They took aim with their spears and fired at Cha'tril and Jemi. Bhaskan winced, but gave a sigh of relief. It appeared that whilst his luck was rotten, fortune was smiling on his allies. 

"Seize the opportunity!" He roared to his scaled brother, Cha'tril. "Show these creatures the might of the Dragonborn, for the honor of Bahamut!"

Serafinn's shoulder bled slightly from the arrow that got shot into it. He cringed under his mask before speaking to dull the pain, "HA HA! It'll take more than that to down this gentleman!" He moved to the party, conjuring up another orb of acid, lobbing it at one of the Goblin Warriors shooting at the group. It fizzled on him fairly well, but the goblin didn't go down as easily as the cutter. "Tough bugger are you? We'll bring you down to size!"

Cha'tril grinned as he advanced his position. Though the biting cold of Bhaskan's breath had failed to harm the goblins, the black Dragonborn's breath would bite with an altogether different force. Silver eyes closed and he inhaled deeply, and with a furious shout he spat a curling gout of green acid. The Blackblade narrowly avoided the attack, however the coruscating wave quickly overtook the sharpshooter.

'Green…. Why is acid always green?' he mused, a few stray droplets of the caustic liquid dripping from his razor-lined maw. Now he spun to glare at the Warrior who dared throw a spear at him. In one movement he once again thrust his staff forwards, the same 'pop' issuing forth from the weapon. Unlike the Sharpshooter, the warrior was visibly disturbed from whatever he had 'seen' as a result of the attack. It howled, falling to its knees as it clawed at its eyes- an attempt to erase the terrible vision.

Keeping to the rhythm of battle, Jemi swiftly moved inbetween the Blackblade and Sharpshooter. She took another sturdy stance but this time accuracy wasn't a concern. She swung her battleaxe as powerfully as she could, causing an exceptionally large amount of damage to them both. The Sharpshooter, armor still smoking from its acid bath, fell to its knees, clutching at its chest before collapsing into a mist of pixels.

With just two Goblin Warriors remaining in sight, and with one already reeling from the attacks thrust upon it, Ash took the opportunity to engage the other, as yet untouched Goblin Warrior. Bringing his dagger up to the dim orange light of the mine, letting it glisten for a moment, he charged. He was on his target in an instant and though the creature tried to dodge, it was unable to move out of the way of his lightning quick attack. Ash plunged his dagger into the creature's shoulder and quickly withdrew in the hopes of avoiding any retaliation. He stood ready for the attack that was sure to come, "Hurry up guys, I think i've pissed this one off..." Ash yelled out with a lop-sided grin, despite his humour his eyes were focused entirely on the enemy in front of him.

Checking his health, Ash remembered his own health was down by four points from it's maximum 24. He grimaced, it hadn't hurt when he'd been struck, but he wasn't willing to test the theory. Dying in a computer game was the last thing he had on his mind. He wondered about the people he'd left behind outside the game, and if he died in here, he'd never see them again. He let his gaze pull towards the other members of his party for a few fleeting moments, "Come on guys," He muttered, turning back to face the Goblin Warrior who had now recovered from his assault, "Any time now..."

Serafinn's wound soon showed to be of no trouble as he twirled his cane once more and shot a bolt from the gem tip, nailing the Goblin Blackblade to the ground with ease, causing him to bleed  everywhere. "HA HA! Take a load off my short friend!" He smirked to himself as the Goblin attempted to get up, his friends going in for a reactive swing of vengence.

Bhaskan brought down his hammer on the Blackblade, crushing the pitiful creatures skull under his hammer and causing it to shatter into tiny pixels. His inspiring word had allowed Serafinn to rally, and now he had downed another foe. The taste of victory was sweet, and he felt energised. 

"Ash! Take your chance! Strike down that mongrel!" He ordered Ash, however he was disappointed to see that the Goblin Warrior managed to avoid the Rogue's strike. No matter, they had the upper hand now. Bhaskan pushed forward to provide Ash with support.

Serafinn called out to Ash, "My good fellow, he's getting away! Take your chance for him before he-!" Before Serafinn could finish his sentence, he saw the javalin fly through the air into Ash's left shoulder, not a 'nasty' wound, but any wound is a bad sign. "You alright there?"

Once again, Cha'tril found himself under attack by the Goblin Warrior and once again dodged a clumsily-thrown spear. Thin bands of shadow began to coalesce around his right hand, and with a snarl he swatted a clawed hand in the direction of the offending monster. The shadows bled together in an exaggerated trail, spiraling across the room before impacting the warrior square in the chest. A thin layer of frost formed on the goblin's armor before it fell backwards, shattering on the ground in the manner typical to the game.

Rather than dispersing, as was the norm, the cloud of digital refuse hesitated a moment before whirling towards the black Dragonborn. The pixels spun around him as he made his way towards the remaining Warrior, making his form shimmer before ultimately fading entirely. As he faded from sight, he cackled gleefully. His power over the game was returning, or  at least some small portion of it was.

Meanwhile, Jemi screamed a powerful battlecry, charging forwards to lock blades with the lone goblin.

The fight was coming to a close, but just when Ash thought they had this Goblin Warrior finished, a javelin came hurtling towards him. He was unable to dodge in time and the blade hit his shoulder with a dull thud, making him teeter and almost fall. Catching his balance, he began to lose his temper. "I've had enough of this." Ash muttered, as the javelin disappeared. "This last one is mine!!"

With a burst of speed Ash shot towards the final Goblin warrior, who was ready to stop his attack. As the Goblin Warrior pulled his blade high into the air, ready to strike as Ash came within striking distance, the rogue suddenly vanished, causing mass confusion on the Goblin's face. It had time enough to look on at the other adventurer's before Ash appeared behind it and grabbing it by the shoulder with one hand, he thrust his dagger into the small of the creature's back and watched as the body vaporized into pixels before disappearing. 

Ash grinned, "Well, that was a little more effective." He twirled his dagger and slid it back into it's holster before brushing some of his long blonde hair out of his face. He had lost eight of his character's 24 health, he would need to recover at some point. But for now, he would ignore it and carry on, he wasn't in severe danger just yet, but it wouldn't hurt to find a means of healing himself some time sooner rather than later. Ash knelt down and picked up a large bag of gold and for a moment, considered pocketing it.

He looked at the other people in the party and eventually rolled his eyes, checking it's contents, he took his fair share and threw it to the others, "Don't say I never gave you nothing." He muttered, and looked through the mine, "Now what?" He asked, tapping his left foot impatiently. "Y'know what, I ain't waitin'." Ash turned and walked to the nearby door, he cautiously leant in to it and listened, checking over it inch by inch, "There are no traps linked to the door, but... I can hear snoring inside, there must be enemies..." Carefully opening the door, Ash looked inside for a few seconds and gently closed the door once more, "There are more enemies asleep inside, about the same amount we just faced - let's go for it." He said with confidence, grinning.

1 person likes this

Serafinn followed his fellows while whistling a tune. He was content that the encounter ended fairly quickly and with fairly little struggle. However, the breath of fresh air soon went away as another gathering of goblins attacked them. Serafinn, however, simply laughed and twirled his cane in preparation for their onslaught. "My friends let us hastily make waste to these silly fools, and enjoy our victory once more!" As Serafinn said that, his excitement got to him and he moved first, slamming his cane onto the ground, it reverberated loudly as the sound blasting over to a Goblin Warrior in the rafters beside them, making his ears vibrate in pain. He took the blow fairly well, but the ringing in his ears would probably last a few moments. "HA HA! There's more where that came from!" With a laugh and a skip to his step, Serafinn walked beneath the rafters into the shadow to keep out of the reach of most of the goblins and out of the attack range of the Warrior above.

"Serafinn!" Jemi called out as he hid underneath the rafters. During the abrupt attack, Jemi noticed a set of aging wooden stairs nearby that lead up above and directly to the pesty warrior. "If you hold there, then I and maybe another can go up and ambush the thing! We can attack from below and on its own level."

Without waiting for an agreement, Jemi rushed to the stairs and stopped near it's entry. She attempted to catch a glimpse of the other goblins positions but she could only gather that some were far and the others were hidden. It was no use and she was a tad bit too impatient to try any further. For now her target was the pesky warrior as she waited to see what her fellow adventurers decided to do.

Ash saw his chance as the new threat was presented to him, "I'll take care of the blackblade that's hiding behind the far wall, he's not fooling me." Using his stealth, Ash stalked to the other side of the area and at the last moment sprinted around the corner. Before the blackblade was able to counter or knew what to do, Ash was upon him. Striking with a deadly attack, he did massive damage and bloodied his enemy, digging his dagger deep between the goblin's ribs. Pulling his bladed weapon from the creature's torso and watching it flail, he knew that another hit would likely finish it off, "I've got this one, guys..." He called back to the group, "Move on with the others..." He grinned, twirling his dagger, the bloody blade occasionally catching the dim light of the mines and reflecting it.

Immediately, the black Dragonborn broke into a sprint, driving his attack deep into the enemy lines. A foolhardy action for sure, but he was feeling lucky. His form appeared to waver, as if obscured by heat, and he launched his attack. A band of shadow flew towards a Blackblade hiding next to a mine cart, impacting it with a sound of breaking glass. Though injured, it managed to weather the attack, shivering as it brushed a bit of frost from its armor.

Meanwhile, a warrior on the scaffolding above him hurled a javelin. The weapon arced gracefully, and looked to be dead on target, however at the last minute the aura around him shifted, revealing him to be actually be standing several paces to the left.  Cha'tril grinned as the javelin bounced pitifully off the cavern floor.

The other Goblin Warrior, seeing his clan-member's failure, shrieked and threw a spear towards Jemi.  This, too, was destined for failure, as the weapon ricocheted harmlessly into a wall.

Bhaskan rushed to join his allies, but he was not quick enough to close on their foes in time. Nonetheless thanks to his allies efforts they had the upper hand. He had to make sure that they would remain so. He turned his attention to Ash, who had gravely wounded the closest Blackblade. However the creature was beginning to rally, and soon it would be prepared to unleash a blow to Ash. 

"Quick, Rogue!" Bhaskan bellowed the order as he raised his warhammer. "Strike again, finish the fiend!"

Ash turned his attention to the Blackblade with time to spare. With expert precision he cut the Goblin down, landing another victory for the team. It was not time to celebrate yet, however, as there were still more opponents advancing toward them. 

With grace and a surprisingly amount of strength, Serafinn stuck his cane into the wall below the rafters he stood beneath, jumping up with ease as he grabbed his cane and stepped to the side, the Goblin Warrior before him seemed preoccupied and and didn't notice as he swirled his cane and from the tip, blasted a bolt of magic into his chest, sticking him to the wood. "HA HA! Foolish goblins, you'll never defeat the great Serafinn!"

He stood in wait for when the Goblin would get up, hoping to down him quickly before turning his attention to the other Goblin standing atop the rafters across from him. "My friends, worry not about the two above us, leave them to me! Rally the remaining brutes on the ground and victory shall be ours! HA HA!"

"As you wish," Jemi replied and without a loss in beat she quickly switched her attention to the blackblade fixed on Cha'tril. She briefly felt a sense of pride that her group seemed a bit more competent than she originally thought. Not that she assumed her group were all incompetent but they were certainly moving along without much trouble.

However these distracting thoughts got the better of her. As Jemi charged towards her enemy and readied her axe, she miscalculated something and missed entirely! "Shit," she mumbled to herself as she tried to regain her composure. "I need to pay attention!"

In the moment of Serafinn's cockiness of knocking down the Goblin before him, as he was about to attack again, the spell he aimed to do failed, fizzling off in the middle of his laughter. "HA HAAAAA-OH...oh dear." He blushed underneath his mask, embarrassed. "A-ah simple flook my friend! I'll get him next time! HA HA!"

As soon as Ash was ready to attack again he struck at the Goblin standing directly next to him, but a quick parry proved more than enough to prevent Ash from striking true. When it was time for the Blackblade to retaliate Ash demonstrated the same defensive skill by dodging the attack.

Meanwhile Cha’tril struck at one of the Goblin Warriors up on the rafters using his Mind Shadow spell. The Goblin was not able to withstand the attack and noticed that his vision had been impaired. Having no other means to retaliate he followed the pth up on the rafters in order to find an opponent to trike, but he didn’t find anyone. At the same time the Warrior who had been knocked down by Serafinn stood up and ran as far as he could while still having his movement impaire by the Sorcerer’s spell.

Last but not least Bhaskan stepped forward and with a commanding roar gave Jemi the order to strike at the Goblin Blackblade next to her. Her axe found her target and killed the Goblin with ease.

After the success of her commanded attack, Jemi wasted no time rushing to her next enemy near a minecart. Loaded with newfound confidence, she focused kN her target and manage to get another critical blow against the Gob's back.

"Haha! Die, you shithead!" Jemi cried in pride.

Thanks to Jemi's quick action, she and Ash had the Blackblade flanked. The crafty Rogue took advantage went in for the attack. With expert skill he cut down the Goblin without breaking his run, before moving up past Jemi and standing alongside Bhaskan, his view on the rafters where their remaining enemies lurked. 

Meanwhile Cha'tril made an attempt at the enemies in the rafter with his mysterious Shadow Claw attack, however it appeared to have missed. The Goblin Warriors, riled up from the attempt at their life, took aim and launched their Javelin's, successfully targeting both Jemi and Cha'tril.

"No time to mull about!" Bhaskan roared as he thundered ahead, scaling the rafters with ease. As he landed on top with a thump, he swung his warhammer at the nearest Goblin Warrior, but the nimble creature avoided his strike. "Blast! Infernal beastie!" It appeared that luck was not in the favour of the group's Dragonborn members. 

Serafinn's blunder from before didn't stop him from attempting once more to down the Goblin that so rudely refused to die. He walked politely past Bhaskan and the Goblin he was currently fighting to face the Goblin he had been fighting. "Now this time, stay still when I hit you. HA HAAAA!" Serafinn stomped his boot down as he stepped forward, the Goblin's ears ringing as tiny bursts of blood shot out of them, collapsing to the floor, it was clearly defeated.

"HA HA! My dear little friend," Serafinn paused, this spell was about walking forward or back and the echo of his feet causing loud noise. But it made his ears bleed... Yes of course! He knew just the one! "What do you call a line of blonde women standing ear to ear?" He paused, knowing this one was a good joke. "A wind tunnel! HA HAAAAAAAA!"