Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shadow

Fire's Beginning

137 posts in this topic

"I can take you to the exact location that he last contacted you, however, I don't know if he is still there or not, nor do I know anything about where it is," Altruis explained. 

He waved his hand at the space in the alley behind him and a grey light transgressed into reality.

Mono-Magic

The spell solidified and a dark sheen pooled across the surface before a depth appeared to create the portal. "Cross through here and you'll be there..."

Altruis hesitated a moment as he turned back to Storm, then he decided to broach the idea. "Shall I go with you as well? I've no problem at all with that," he said hoping to receive a positive response from the dark and cruel mind of Storm.

He had no idea how to feel when the portal opened before his eyes. He suddenly had power once again from being powerless in everything. He suddenly had control. He suddenly had the upper hand.

He glanced back at Altruis and smiled a wicked smile, but one that could not tell Storm's mood. "This could be a bloodbath, Altruis. And don't you have a meeting soon? Though it'd be reassuring for someone to be there. Whether to know what happened to the forever lost demon or to protect the two I couldn't. Or for me to rub it in that I stand a chance against you cause I beat this guy." His tone seemed to be forced to try making light of things. "But I can't make you come. But, if you don't and you don't see me around, I do wanna say thank you, Altruis. Putting my mind through hell wasn't kind, making me stress about not completing my job. But giving me something I couldn't have gotten otherwise... I have a chance to save them through my own doing. And I can't thank you enough for that. So if you stay, thank you. And I'll give proper thanks if I get out of this alive. And if you come..." He gave his infamous smirk and leapt through the portal...

He landed on his feet easily on the other side, his eyes wide as he looked about the room he was now standing in. No, not just the room. The building. The voice of the man that had taken control of him through these means had seemed in power, strong, kingly. But as Storm looked around, he saw nothing but an abandoned building. It looked like it once was a throne room, with the molded embroidery and ripped curtains, the faded gold and the broken, decaying furniture. The wide open rooms, meant for crowds of people. Now the floors were only covered in dust and grime, along with debris. Cold winds blew from broken windows and Storm shivered, no lights within the place. And it was totally silent. Knowing stealth well was a trait of Storm, but when he knew his loved ones had to be here, that something had taken place here years ago, that he was alone, it made him uneasy, listening to every step he took that were supposed to be as silent as anything.

Altruis chuckled after Storm left, seeing a side of the demon he didn't think truly existed after everything that happened. "Damn, he sure is something else," Altruis said.

He looked around to find no one and he knew his meeting wasn't until the next day. It was one more sermon to the high schoolers of the academy, but that was still the next day. With a shrug, Altruis pushed his hands i his pockets and stepped through his own portal with familiar ease. The black surface shrunk behind him as he stepped into the dank hall of what seemed the past. He whistled and it echoed around the room ominously. "Sure is a nice place he had set," Altruis said dripping with sarcasm.

Storm flinched at the sound and spun around. He narrowed his eyes on Altruis but they still showed he was happy the mage had decided to come. "I know it's not exactly easy, but could you at least try to stay quiet?" He hissed lowly, turning and continuing forward down a once beautifully decorated corridor. "I can't catch a single scent, Altruis. Are you s-" He stopped, straightening, his eyes losing focus as he used his other senses keenly. He quickly reached back and grabbed Altruis' wrist, jerking him forward as Storm started off at a run. He released Altruis but didn't try hard in slowing down enough for the mage to be able to follow easily. He sped on, running down corridors, flying. They seemed to cross at least over a mile before the demon began slowing down, his eyes once again not focused as he tasted the air, finally catching a scent.

"AttenTION!" The shout rang down the abandoned corridors and Storm shot forward again for the voice, skidding to a halt at an open doorway to what was once a large ballroom. He crouched by the door, motioning for Altruis to stay out of the doorway, out of sight like Storm was. The demon peered in, his eyes scanning the room. It was filled to the edges with guards and soldiers, though none were in uniform. The room was a disaster, regardless of the army standing straight at attention, saluting to someone Storm couldn't see. And cages, like bird cages but larger, were hanging from the ceilings, some swinging, some still. Most filled with bones.

One filled with a woman and another filled with a young girl with cuts on her arms....

Storm's eyes widened and his body moved to lunge into the room for them....

Altruis caught himself, staying quite as Storm requested. He walked around without aim, hands in pockets like he was on a stroll until Storm snatched his arm out and pulled him along. the demon, moving at unreasonable speeds, was far too fast for Altruis to follow by normal means on foot. As Storm took off, Altruis used his magic to create jump boosts at an angle, projecting him forward along the corridors. Though it wasn't something he often did, he maneuvered around the turns and kept speed at a strange gait. Finally, they pulled to the open door and Altruis hid opposite Storm. 

He peered in assessing the situation. When he say Storm move to jump into the fray, Altruis snatched his arm and pulled him back. "Pardon my telepathy, but don't just rush in like that. I'll distract whoever I can while you go save the girls. Give me some time, and get them safe before anything Storm."

Altruis retracted his telepathy and searched Storm's eyes for confirmation, and noticed the emotions of hatred and anger, but also love and worry for the girls. Before Storm could object, Altruis stood and adjusted his clothes, then stepped into the room among the "soldiers". Thought there was no uniform, his white and blue attire still didn't blend with the mix of earth colors worn by those in attendance. 

Storm forced himself to stay put, though his body itched to get to his wife. His daughter. He watched as Altruis walked out into the room and held his breath. I hope he knows what he's doing!

Storm heard the shout of the commander, directed at Altruis: "What the hell? You are not part of my league! Explain your presence!" Without giving Altruis any time to speak, the commander shouted again. "Ignoring me?! Row C, get rid of the trespasser!"

Storm held his breath. 'Altruis, I think you're an idiot.' He said through the telepathic bond Altruis had decided to form with him. As he peered in again, seeing all eyes on Altruis along with the moving soldiers blocking others' view even if they decided to look, Storm sprinted off, knowing he wasn't visible to Altruis and that meant he wasn't visible to these soldiers.

The young girl's cage rocked ever so slightly, no different than some of the other cages had been rocking and attracting no attention. Storm had crashed into it, leaping from the wall he'd managed to climb and his ribs weren't too happy with him. But, he was holding onto the cage and he wasn't going to let go.

The rocking had woken the young girl inside, though, who now opened her eyes and rubbed them, softly calling "Mommy?" Her eyes were bloodshot and tear stains were on her cheeks.

"No, baby." His voice came whispered above her and she jumped, gasping and looking up.

Her eyes went wide and she smiled, "DA-" Her voice was suddenly cut off and Storm put a finger to his lips, offering her a soft smile, using his power to cease her words. She nodded vigorously, obediently sitting down though it showed how anxious she was to jump at him.

Storm let himself slide down the bars a bit, making himself able to reach the doors and letting one of his claws grow, about to pick the lock before a loud BANG! went off. The cage jerked and rocked wildly, sending Storm falling from it but he caught the bottom, knowing the drop below was too far for him to not break a few bones for. He held on to the bottom edge of Kiya's cage, swinging, his entire body exposed. He swallowed and his eyes found the one holding the gun. He had not been in the room before but he was adorned with rich clothing, a hood pulled over his face but it didn't hide his smile as he saw Storm's face. "Did you really think you had a chance, Storm?"

Storm's eyes clouded with dread as he recognized that voice. And his body tensed more than his muscles just trying to hold on as he saw the gun the man held lower slightly, pointing it at Storm.

"Daddy!" It was Kiya's scream, grabbing at Strom's wrists through the bars, trying to pull him up.

"Daddy." The man mimicked but in a low and ominous voice. "Why don't you ever come to her when she calls for you? You are a horrible father, Storm." Another BANG! and Storm almost lost his grip as his stomach felt like it'd been caught on fire. He tried pulling himself up but it was in vain. He'd only shoot through the bars anyway and that puts Kiya at risk. But if I don't move....

"Aww. I missed. Try again?" The man rose the gun ever so slightly.

Storm closed his eyes tightly. Is Crystal watching? Is she even... alive? I wonder if I'd ever see her again if I died... I doubt it... I'm going to Hell and she won't be there....

Altruis cursed himself for not seeing the enemy coming behind them. With the "Soldiers" closing in on hi and Storm hanging a bullet away from life and death and only a hands length away from Kiya, Altruis had to act quickly. Without taking time to think, Altruis released his Dist power. Small black lines etched all along his skin, connecting the Dist points on his body, and the white flecks in his otherwise purple eyes resonated power. A wave of palpable energy surge through the room as he awakened this dark power.

He cast several spells in rapid succession with his power active, allowing his life force to be taken as collateral for the extra power of his Dist. 

Mono-Magic

Mono-Magic

Tri-Magic

The last spell his voice rang out from his throat with ominous power behind it. A blue emblem appeared between Storm and the assailant that put into effect a barrier against physical attacks. A second spell appeared at Altruis's hand simultaneously, green in nature and violent winds winds collected into a single point. The wind surged forth in a bullet aimed at the man standing in Storm's way, but it wouldn't be near enough to kill him, but disarm him instead.

The third came just after the wind bullet, and with much more power. A red circle appeared beneath Altruis that expanded instantly to cover everyone with four meters of him. Red winds torrented forth as flames mixed in a dance of destruction that that seared everything in violent twisters of blooming fire. Altruis stood at the center of the destruction surrounded by the absurd fire the he knew Storm could handle and he stared down the man between the bursts of flame. 

The soldiers not caught the the spell ran as far from the blossoming heat as possible, before soon after the spell settled back into a stirring heat, then vanished from the room, leaving no trace save for bones that there was ever a fire. In a cold tone Altruis said, "That was for the academy."

Crystal lay in her cage unconscious from the spell placed on her mind. Her shirt had been ripped in the back and the sleeves cut off. The pants she had were shredded up to the knee, and her hair was scattered across her face, also with blood smeared on her forehead and down her right cheek. 

Storm flinched as the spell flew to him but breathed easier as it stopped in front of him, assuring him it was a protection spell. His shirt was soaked in blood at his stomach and down to his waist but he knew he had to get out of this position. He closed his eyes tightly and held his breath again, pulling as hard as he could, trying to get up on the cage's edge, but using his abs burned like nothing else. What kind of fucking bullets are these?! But he didn't let up. He continued straining his wounded muscles, and he was gaining height. He, ever so slowly, lifted himself higher and higher until he was able to swing a leg up onto the ledge, making his way into a standing position, holding onto the bars so as not to fall off.

But his vision was getting blurred and his wound was not numbing like it usually did. It was only getting worse and he was starting to already feel worn out. Come on. You are not letting this chance slip. He put his claw in the lock again, only able to hope a bullet did not come for him again. Though his worry was easily overcome by frustration as the lock wasn't proving easy and he made to calm himself by looking inside of the cage. And Kiya was there, tears streaming, her body shaking, her eyes glued to his stomach. He opened his mouth to speak but found how badly he had been suppressing himself from screaming, his voice not coming on command, his breathing struggled. Still, he forced speech from himself, biting back the pain. "Kiya, sweetheart, look at my eyes. Don't you love daddy's eyes? Aren't they pretty?"

Kiya sniffled but rose her eyes to Storm's. She always loved how they shifted colors, as if fires were in them, and it always transfixed her. And it did so now, as well. She began to calm, watching the shifting reds and oranges and Storm made sure not to break his gaze on her. He hated being stared down or studied, but his daughter was a different story. If she wanted to stare at his eyes simply from want, he'd sit with her and let her stare. He always felt uncomfortable when she did, but he was very thankful for it right now.

A soft click! came and Storm's eyes lightened. He looked away from her, then, opening the cage door and leaping inside, grabbing the girl who ran at him in his arms and hugging her tightly, making sure his back was to the man with the gun, not allowing more danger to Kiya. Kiya, though, had her arms wrapped tightly around him, hurting him but he'd never dream of asking her to let go. She was crying again and he showered her head with kisses, finally glancing over to Crystal's cage, knowing he hadn't won yet and that meant he couldn't lose focus. He saw her unconscious and bloodied body and reached out willingly with his mind, searching for any trace of hers.

The wind bullet hit the robed man's hand, forcing the gun he held to drop and the man to flinch slightly with pain, giving a curse. "So, you're the Academy leader, then? My captive brought you here for me? How kind of you, Storm."

"Hahaha. Kind of him? Hardly! It would have been kind of him to ask me not to follow here. Instead, you will probably die here with all these bones," Altruis said going along with being the head of the academy.

There was a subtle undertone harmonizing with his voice originating from his power. Without yet seeing the potential of his enemy, he didn't release his Dist power, maintaining the increase until he could gauge his enemy's magic level. He let the barrier fall from Storm, knowing there wouldn't be any problem stopping a projectile again from his position. "So my despicable unknown enemy, what business do you have? Not that it will stop your death, but I am most certainly interested in your story. At least as interested as I can be," Altruis said buying Storm more time to save Crystal as well. 

He plotted out the possible routes the unnamed foe could take, whether to speak with him, attack him, or attack Storm. Even the chances of double casting, or AoE spells, as well as hidden spies or having the remaining lackeys attempt to make a move while he tried to take Storm, or over power Altruis. All the paths he could think of were planned and Altruis found a spell set that would be most effective for each situation. Photographic memory is great at times like this. He said to Storm through telepathy.

Crystal's mind, though asleep, was still active. She was force into bodily sleep, but Storm's voice reached her still through the spell. She tried to will her mind to respond, but found the block impossible to over rule within the bounds of her unconscious state.

Relief washed over Storm at feeling his mate's mind, showing she was at least alive. "Come, Kiya. On my back." He helped the young girl onto him, wincing as the pain in his stomach only increased but he forced the smile to stay on his lips. "Now, hold on tightly." He walked out from her cage, climbing to the top of it and bracing himself, ignoring Altruis' comment and calculating what it took to get to Crystal's cage. The length of his jump, the strength he used to take off, the area he'd land on.

But his thoughts paused as something he had also let his focus on changed. He whipped around, a large ball of blue fire hurtling towards him. His eyes went white and the blue fire was suddenly engulfed by a white inferno, that swallowed the spell and spun towards its wielder, slamming into the ground of where the man had been only seconds before before he'd leaped out of the way. The fire cleared instantaneously to show the white-eyed demon with long fangs protruding from his bared teeth. "Even graze her trying to get to me, I fucking dare you!" His voice echoed around the room, a mix of a growl, a shout, and his natural demonic voice. He immediately spun back around and easily leaped to the cage Crystal was in, a good distance away and a far drop below, but he landed squarely in his measured spot, Kiya holding on tightly around his neck and hiding her face in his back. He let himself slide down, sidestepping to get to Crystal's cage door, using his claw to do the same as he'd done with Kiya's and successfully opening it, jumping inside and setting Kiya down. His eyes no longer glowed white and his fangs had shrank once more as he looked at her. "Make sure you stay standing in front of me, alright?"

"But-"

"In front of me, Kiya." He said, his back facing the problematic man on the ground. Storm crouched low by Crystal's side, checking her for wounds as Kiya obediently moved so Storm's body shielded her.

The man laughed, rising from the place he'd jumped to to save himself from getting burned. "He can do fire! Did you know he could do fire? That's interesting. Because I don't recall him being smart enough to learn magic." An evil grin came as the man turned to face Altruis and he pulled back the hood he wore. He had black hair and black eyes and his laugh equaled the color. "My name might have a purpose to you. I am Arkinias. The only student banned for life from the Academy. Do you not recall the incident? Being leader of the Academy, surely you were there. Weren't you the one who sentenced me to my demise? Ah, I never got a face so how would I truly know?" He laughed and shook his head. "Those damnable demons that you allowed in. They ruined everything and yet I was the one who was blamed. I'm the only one who suffered, so isn't it fair to make my torturers suffer? Both the school and demons themselves. I could never find those two demons so I went with the next one I could find. And don't get too cocky. I've done nothing but learn since I've been banished. Far more than I would have at that bloody Academy!"

Altruis could recall only two Arkinias, only one of which had been expelled. The files he read didn't have all the details, just a brief summary that the student had performed forbidden magic without consent from the high chairman. Despite him knowing it was against the rules, he tried to use the magic for his own gain. Though not out of bad intentions, he was expelled from the academy, but didn't receive any other form of banishment. Altruis smiled and finally released his Dist power. 

The thin black lines that had etched his skin retracted and vanished from his body, and the white glow in his eyes faded as well as the power resigned. All at once the collateral for the power's use took effect and Altruis felt suddenly weak and exhausted. He stood firm however, hiding his ailment in the eyes of his foe. "Well, you would have learned so much more if you actually read and took in the knowledge that was taught. You could even read the books in the library. There are some very interesting pieces in there about all sorts of things. If you read, you'd know more about demons, if only slightly more. Or maybe you could have learned a better way than that forbidden magic, eh?" Altruis said with a taunt in his voice.

With Arkinias giving away his lack of skill and knowledge already, Altruis would willingly take him on without all the power he had. The natural mana that flowed would be more than enough for him to manage, having a higher natural affinity for magic than anyone who came to the academy in ten years, and that was as a child. He cast a spell of blue that put up a barrier against both magic and physical attacks. For kicks,he added a secondary reflection spell as well. "So Arkinias. How shall we handle this? with magic, or more traditional means?"

Crystal could feel Storm's mind, but still couldn't force her way out of the spell. Her forehead had a welt showing she'd been beaten in the head. Her shirt was ripped halfway down, including the bra she'd been wearing, revealing all over he cleavage and he breasts covered only by the scraps that still clung to her skin. 

Emotions flew at Storm every which way. Anger. Hatred. Guilt. Defeat.

He ever-so-gently reached under Crystal and picked her up, putting her into a sitting position. "Kiya, can you hold mommy up for me, please?" He struggled even more-so at keeping his voice steady. Not only had his daughter been harmed but his mate had, at the least, been sexually abused from the waist up. And he'd been no where to protect either of them.

He stood, removing his shirt and kneeling once more in front of Crystal. With Kiya's help, he slipped his shirt over the remaining bits of clothing she had. "Kiya, baby, I want you to stay with mommy, okay?" He rose and kissed his daughter's head as she nodded, silent tears never ceasing from her eyes.

He walked to the cage door, his eyes fading in and out as red then white, red then white. He held his hand over the wound in his stomach that burned intensely and he slipped two fingers inside, wincing but quickly pulling the silver bullet from himself and threw it to the ground far below. He then grabbed a bar with his bloodied hand and let his black demonic wings rip from his back, adding to the pain he already felt but which was already beginning to ease. His voice had changed once more. "No, Altruis. Like you said. He needs to learn more about demons. Let me teach you something you won't find in a book, Arkanias. 'What does a demon do when you steal his mate and daughter' for example." He lunged forward, his wings beating strongly as he dived for Arkanias, quickly reaching unviewable speeds. His claws elongated and he reached out, his fangs longer than ever, a clear green-tinted venom dripping from them. With his momentum, Storm's clawed hands pierced straight into Arkanias' ribs, breaking the ones that stood in the way. The two rolled, Storm ending on top and hesitating not a moment as he dove forward and bit down hard on Arkanias' throat, letting his venom dart into and through his veins. At Arkanias' rattled screams, Storm withdrew his fangs and his hands, using one of the bloodied messes to slam into Arkanias' jaw, hearing a snap but also hearing the scream become horribly muffled as the venom did its job of torturing the victim. Storm's crimson eyes showed he took not a single drop of blood from this victim. The eyes had quit changing into white, though, as his anger was being satisfied with the struggling body beneath him. Finally, as Arkanias began to become weaker in his struggles, Storm spoke, his voice normal but taunting. "Do you want to know the worst part of my breed, Arkanias? My venom... it only grows stronger in the pain it brings you... and... it doesn't let you die. I'd have to kill you. I might if you begged for it. Are you going to beg? Beg just like my daughter did to your filthy self!" His eyes erupted in new fades of white and Arkanias' pain seemed to wash over him again. His muffled screams seemed to have turned into obvious attempts at pleading and begging. "I'm sorry. I can't hear you." He curled his clawed hand in a fist, caring not of the wounds his own claws put into his palms, and he slammed his fist into another of Arkanias' ribs, making the man finally black out.

For the first time since their meeting, Altruis smiled wickedly at the suffering of Arkinias. He was not only someone who used forbidden arts, but also sought revenge for something that was his own fault. He was weak to attack a girl and her mother. He was ignorant for knowing nothing. He was arrogant for thinking he stood a chance against himself or Storm. He was a fool for thinking Storm wouldn't destroy his very existence. Arkinias was a pitiful excuse for a person, and Altruis enjoyed the justice brought to the man. Thought Altruis didn't tempt Storm's anger, he still spoke to the enraged demon. "Took you long enough. I thought I was going to end up fighting that buffoon," he said letting his spells fall noting that the room had been cleared, then with a serious tone, "How are the girls?"

Storm growled, slowly turning his crimson eyes and his bloodied body to face Altruis. His fangs were still long enough to see portraying from his lips. "Not well. My daughter is scarred for life. Which I guess is my fault. I should've known better than letting myself have a child. And my wife is injured worse, and I think she has something wrong with her mind. Not only does she have a wound on her head but I can find her mind, I just can't seem to get her answers to me." He rose to his feet, struggling as his body calmed and noticed the pain he was in. "Arkanias is still alive. I'm not going to throw out the trash if I still need it."

Altruis saw that kind of response coming. He ran through possible problems. Healing was an easy enough feat for him, though he doubt Storm would let him within ten feet of either of them at this point. If Crystal's problem was something related to magic, it could be a spell placed on her mind, but even if that was the case, he knew Storm would be even less inclined to allow him to "invade" her mind that he was to let him get into Storm's. He sighed and almost shrugged, unsure what to do at this point. His only real task was done now. He'd saved the academy as well as Storm and was he wanted to protect. Altruis had little other reason to remain, and with Storm the way he was, it wasn't likely he would be wanted around for much longer. "Well, I'm sure you can beat all the answers out of that one later. I'm glad you were able to save them, though you probably shouldn't say that about her I don't think," he said testing his luck, then continued, "If you ever need anything else, I'll always be around somewhere."

Altruis turned for the entrance they had come from, interested in exploring the location a bit before returning to his own tasks at the academy, then returning to the front lines as well as other places to do research, fight, explore, and collect treasures. He was glad to have helped Storm, even if the demon was hot headed and quick to act.

Altruis was forced to stop as Storm appeared lighting fast in front of him, his eyes dancing again with flames that Kiya so loved to watch. "Uh-uh. You're the only one I can trust somewhat to use magic. Let alone using it for what I want it used for. I'm not using Arkanias unless I have to. If I don't need him, I'll kill him sooner. Right now, I need to use you. You claim to know more than Arkanias knows." He growled. "Help her."

Altruis openly showed his shock, trying to show that he wasn't going to leave them to struggle. Rather than make a conceited comment about being commanded or "used", he said, "Do I have permission to do what is necessary? I don't know what that might entail, but I can't do anything if you don't let me."

Altruis respected Storm's rules and boundaries even if he could do what he wanted regardless. A man of character. He glanced up to the cage they were still held in and then back to Storm.

Storm's voice did not change, his protective heir keeping him at high levels. "I will allow you to do all you need so long as I believe it is still my wishes and not your own. Can you get up there or will you need assistance with that?" He didn't mention the intense struggle he himself had had to get up that high and he hated using his wings. But, for now, he was the one protecting his injured family and his instincts warned him to establish himself as the alpha male.

"I'll do all that I can to help her Storm," Altruis said gauging the distance from where he stood to the absurdly placed cage hanging from the ceiling. A double boost could get me up there I think.

"I could use some help if you don't mind. That's pretty high up there," Altruis said as if he was helpless.

"So be it." He let his wings open beautifully. They could easily encompass his full body and then some with how large they were. He put himself in the air with a single wing beat and he grabbed under Altruis' arms and flew them up to the cage befitting the winged-demon. It took more effort than he led on, his wound still dripping blood from constantly using his abdominal muscles. When they got to the open cage door, Storm tossed Altruis in, letting the mage fend for himself on his landing as the demon settled ungracefully at the cage door, making the chains of the cage rattle. He wrapped an arm about himself, covering the wound that pained him, but he did so subtly. He didn't put his wings away as he walked inside of the large cage that comfortably fit them all but he did block the cage door from Altruis, keeping the mage in this demon's new temporary domain.

Kiya was still shaking softly, especially as Altruis, one who had used magic like the rest of those who had kidnapped her, came into the cage with her. She still had tears coming from her eyes and she looked at her father, pleading for his arms around her but she could not get up lest her mother fall from her propped up position. "Kiya. Relax, my dear. Should he even brush up against you, he shall have broken bones." Storm's voice said aloud and Kiya sniffled but nodded, turning her attention back to her unconscious mother. Storm's white eyes laid on Altruis expectantly.

Altruis managed to land with some grace on the metal of the cage, kneeling with a hand on the floor. He could feel the magic surging from the cage to prevent the metal from being destroyed. Very effective against mage and demon alike. When Storm's crimson glare fell on him, he nodded, the pressure on him to succeed palpable. Altruis cast the same spell he used on Storm prior to their coming here using his Mono-Magic.

Mono-Magic

The pulsing blue circle expanded to fill the whole floor of the cage and Altruis smiled, glad there was no barrier on the inside that he had to deal with. "I'm going to do the same as I did to you first," he explained to reassure Storm.

However, the moment he reached out with his magic and touched Crystal's mind, he was stricken by the barrier spell trying to keep him out. A wave of pain rushed over his mind at the recoil of magic at the blue spell broke. Altruis held his head as the world reeled for a moment before coming back into focus. A counter spell and a barrier. Rather powerful too. To bad he didn't study like he should have.

"She has a spell to keep her mind barred from the rest of her body and the outside. I'll just break it and it should be done," Altruis said while pulling himself together. This time he stood and focused again to cast a different spell, one that would not only search her mind, but would target only the spell placed inside and destroy it. 

Duo-Magic

The powerful words resonated from Altruis's mind into their ears as the purple spell circle came into existence. This time, when Altruis pushed to find Crystal's mind and he was met with resistance of the spell, his own reacted as planned. It pushed past the counter defense and snaked out the dark spell that shrouded her mind. After what felt like a long struggle to Altruis in his half conscious state, the spell snapped and Altruis's mind was sent reeling yet against at the sudden release from the spell. He groaned in pain and hunched over as the purple spell shattered.

Crystal was suddenly released from the forced sleep and her eyes shot open as she took a deep, voluntary breath. Then, she began to cough violently in the realized control of her body again. As she began to hyperventilate, she rolled onto her side away from Kiya while trying to gain control over her body functions again. "W-w-w-w-whe-r-re's S-S-S-Sto-o-o-rm-m," she managed to gasp between the rapid breaths. 

Storm's eyes immediately ran back to their crimson state, his wings dissolving and his claws retracting, his fangs shortening to their normal length as Crystal's voice fell on his ears. He left his post at the door and was at her side in a split second, pulling her into his lap and getting her head up above the rest of her body, rubbing the back of her neck with his thumbs to help relax her rejuvenated nervous system. "I'm right here." He spoke softly, his voice gentle as the hostile demon dwindled down to a caring one, his worry showing now as his eyes studied her body again, checking for anything he'd missed before. Her blood had soaked through his shirt she wore and, finding nothing extra, his worry stayed on that. "Crystal, what happened to you? Tell me what they did to you both."

Kiya finally got to her feet and stumbled her way to her father, collapsing near him. His strong arm reached out and caught her before she hit the bottom of the cage and he brought her close to him, wrapping his arm around her as she leaned against him, her eyes closing, passing out as her young body and mind could handle no more. He twitched, seeming to try to ward off the oncoming blackness, and she gave a soft whine showing her fear. Storm, though, knew what was going to happen and he bent to kiss the top of her head, letting his fingers play on her cheek and brush through her hair, giving her comfort and reassurance through his lack of portrayed worrying and from the gentle touches he gave which he knew would aid in her being overcome by the dark. He felt her body become heavier against him and knew she had passed out and he wrapped his arm around her once again, holding her close and tightly, keeping her propped up against him.

His eyes went to Altruis, seeing the pain the mage was in and they gained a softness to them that he hadn't felt toward Altruis until now. This mage had really tried for him and had put himself through pain for him and his family. He spoke to him as he let Crystal have time to gather her thoughts. "Thank you, Altruis. I could not have done this without you and I really mean that. If it weren't for you, I would be sitting in a dungeon right now waiting for my own execution. But, instead, I'm sitting here with my family and... with a friend. I don't know how badly you may hurt or how the magics go but my venom can do more than just cause pain. If you need it, I don't mind offering it to you. It would help numb, at least."

Crystal saw Kiya and felt one weight lifted from her mind, knowing her daughter was also safe now, even if she could have protected her. Safe in Storm's arms, with his comfort, Crystal could feel the tensions and clenched muscles in her body begin to ease. She tried to get a glance at her apparent rescuer, but the struggle against her own tension was too much to fight against at the moment. Instead she focused on regaining control of her breathing and the rest of her body as well while listening to Storm and Altruis converse.

Altruis sat down, back against the bars in the cage as he held his head with both hands and spoke. "I don't think I'll need that. Toying with minds can be dangerous, but I knew that going in. However, I didn't expect to find what I did either," he said, wincing again as another wave of pain washed over his mind.

"In any case, I managed to destroy all traces of that spell. Anyway, I'm glad I could help you out. I wouldn't say trust any body, but I'm glad you decided to put some trust in me to help you," he said trying to put on a smile for Storm to see.

Though it might be more than just this time we help each other. I worry about that spell she had. 

Storm smirked. "I wouldn't call it trust so much as I'd call it desperation. But it might've turned into trust, now." His eyes showed a bit more of respect for the mage at the rejection of his venom. He turned back to Crystals, using his free hand to play with her hair and keep it from the blood he was still losing, though it was lessening as he stayed still. His voice became soft once more. "Crystal. I'd really like for you to speak to me, my dear." He bent and kissed her bloody forehead, feeling no thirst in the slightest at the blood. "I've really missed your voice...." He would never be found in public being so gentle and calm, so loving, but he was not hiding these traits he had even though Altruis was in clear view of them

Crystal smiled weakly at Storm and as she began to gain control again, her rapid breaths calmed and she heaved a deep sigh. "I'm sorry I couldn't protect Kiya. I've missed you though."

Altruis watched Storm, the violent demon, being so gentle and he found an all new respect for the man. Someone who could protect his family with such power, and yet still be gentle and caring. Then he noticed for the first time how bad the wound was Storm had sustained, seeing the blood that leaked on the cage floor. "Storm. Are you all right?"