Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kyo

Fuyukaba Academy: Demon Hunters [closed]

139 posts in this topic

Okay so this is an anime rp about an Academy of Adventuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure! So grab your bento boxes and give me a great big "Hajimemashite Kyo-kuuuuuuuun~!" and we'll be on our weeaboo way!

yeah I dunno either. Just go with it.

Fuyukaba Academy: Demon Hunters

Fuyukaba is our setting. A fictional town in Japan of medium proportion, full of safe residential areas, small local businesses, a large shopping mall, a hospital, and of course a school. Fuyukaba Academy is the school where all the children of the town go to. While still a small town school the grade average is increasing every year, and some of the students excel in various areas of academics and sports. Most notably the school is home to several extra curricular clubs, including a swim team, a baseball team, a kendo club, a book club, and of course, the Student Council. 

Noritoshi Hideaki, or Hideaki Sensei to his pupils, is the History Teacher at Fuyukaba Academy but he also mentors the Student Council, a hand picked group of student who meet after school to discuss how to make improvements and deal with any minor issues within the school. To the other students, the school faculty, and the rest of the town, the School Council are chosen due to their excellence as student at Fuyukaba Academy. However the truth is a touch more macabre. 

Fuyukaba has a dark secret. For the few who are wise enough to know, Fuyukaba is renowned as a conduit of dark energy. Very few of these places exist around the world, but Fuyukaba is one such place, known as a Hellmouth. Legends and folklore talk of demons and dark spirits, but when it comes to Fuyukaba, it's the truth. Demons emerge from hell through the conduit underneath Fuyukaba, and roam the streets disguised as man and woman. The bodies they possess are long devoid of soul, and so they begin to rot. Those of keen perception will notice the stench of a demonic host. Or better yet they will notice the decay that sorrounds them. The malfunctioning of electrical equipment, the fear they provoke on animals, the plant-life around them withering and dying. Hideaki Sensei knows the secret of Fuyukaba, and he has sworn an oath to protect the people of this town from the demons that walk among them. That is why he has recruited the most skilled student of Fuyukaba Academy to act as his charges, learning to fight the demons with his training. That is the true purpose of the student council. 

So basically this is a fun anime rp along the lines of stuff like Soul Eater, Ao No Exorcist, Tokyo Majin Gakuen Kenpucho, and other such anime. It's a mixture of slice of life, with some comedy moments, some laughs, some tears, and some fighting of demons using your mystical powers, whatever they may be. So I'll provide some basic info to help you mould your characters. 

Fuyukaba - Pretty much a normal modern town on the surface. Obviously fictional but we're gonna pretend its a town in Japan. 

Fuyukaba Academy - Fuyukaba students are required to wear uniform. Boys should wear black shoes, black trousers, a white shirt either long or short sleeved, with a black and red striped school tie, and also a black blazer. Girls are required to wear a skirt, long white socks, black shoes, white shirt, school tie, and blazer. All students can wear a grey cardigan optionally. In summer boys can wear shorts. Pretty much standard anime school uniform. You get the jist. 

The Student Council - So essentially the student council will consist of 2 or 3 students (i.e you guys) and the teacher Hideaki Sensei. Obviously you will all have your own ability, somehow, to combat demons, whether that be through religious or magical artefacts, or through some ability. You can create whatever ability you want within reason. If you can make some semblance of sense out of it then it should be fine. I'd rather that everyone joining would already be a part of the Student Council, even if only for a brief time, as my character will be the newbie who will allow for some exposition. This of course means you would all be at least somewhat familiar with one another, although you don't have to be best pals, at least not at first. We also all go to the same school so it's likely we all know each other to some degree anyway. 

Demons - Demons come in all shapes and forms and have various abilities. Demons take humans as hosts and slowly feed off of the souls of others. Some demons who are weak will rot a host body quickly and will be easy to spot if you know the signs, whilst more powerful demons can live within a host for years. The first few demons encountered will mostly just be bopping around and causing trouble, but eventually we will encounter demons of ambition, who have loftier goals. It goes without saying, Demons are evil. You can't be a demon. They are a disease so it's basically a no go. However use your initiative to work around that. Even if you can't be a demon that doesn't mean you can't find a way to harness the power of one. 

Killing a Demon - All demons are technically mortal. However they have a healing factor to varying degrees and normally have insane strength or some sort of magical ability that gives them an edge. As such to kill one you need to even the odds in whatever way you can. 

As for this being an anime style rp. Try to use english where you can. I don't mind the use of japanese honorifics or their etiquette (for example adressing people by their surname) however don't be saying "itadikimasu!" before a meal, just say "thanks for the meal" or something along those lines. Don't end your sentences with "desu" or i'll beat you with a stick. Also people will introduce themselves in western orientation, i.e given name first, surname second. 

If you have questions about anything just let me know. I don't want to flesh this out too much so I can adapt it to ideas from any members interested. 

so here is my character:

Name: Karyu Morinaga

Appearance: http://cdn.myanimelist.net/images/characters/11/159253.jpg

Personality: Karyu is a stubborn and hot headed delinquent. Whilst he means well his temper and naivety often get him in trouble. He has strong emotions and often deals in extremes, whether it be happiness, sadness, or anger. He is often jealous of those that achieve and can appear cocky and rude to most. Despite this he is fiercely protective of those in need, and is quick to become loyal. While he strives to make meaningful relationships, he still has much growing up to do.

Bio: Karyu never knew his parents. For as long as he can remember he has been brought up in a house with three older "sisters" the oldest of which adopted him when he was a small child. Although not related to any of them, they are the closest thing he has to a family. Living without a father figure has meant that Karyu has become quite self sufficient, he can cook and clean, however the lack of paternal guidance has left him immature and impulsive, with serious temper issues. As far as Karyu is aware, his mother died in labor, and his father was never on the scene.  

The truth, however, is far more sinister. Karyu's mother did die in labor. However she had never chosen to be with child, nor did she know the father. In truth the whole scenario was forced upon the woman by a Demon. Karyu is far from aware of it, but he is a rare breed known as a Nephilim, child of a demon father and a human mother. As such he is a unique bridge between these creatures. While Demons are evil, Karyu has inherited his mother's will and her human morality. From his father he has inherited the powers of a Demon. Although he has yet to manifest this power, or realize the true extent of his potential. 

Ability: As a Nephilim Karyu has inherited the ability of the demon who fathered him. Karyu has control over fire which he can manifest from within himself. These flames are no ordinary ones, and they have various strange properties that he will discover in time. 

Name: Jinta Yamamoto

Appearance: http://i.imgur.com/8eLsjSZ.jpg?1?7246

Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGs_vGt0MY8

Personality: Jin is a man of several faces. The Jin known to the majority of the student body is a quiet, intelligent and observant one. This Jin tends to prefer the sidelines over the frontlines and rarely appears in an important position when the Student Council decides to do something.
The hidden Jin is a self-proclaimed closet pervert, firmly believing that every healthy young man should strive for what is hidden underneath a skirt of a female classmate. This side of his is known to only the members of the Student Council. It wouldn't come as a surprise that Jin can get pretty annoying sometimes.
The side that is known to no one is one that struggles with several insecurities and even an identity crisis. He did not ask or wish for the life he has and despite it being forced upon him he has no idea what to do to deal with it. Should he remain an Exorcist and follow in the footsteps of his father or should he try and become his own person? The answer is obvious, but the means to achieve it have remained elusive to Jin for years… but he might have found it.

Bio: Jin’s ancestors hail from Europe. They were missionaries sent to Japan in order to convert the local populace to Christianity. This mission was relatively unsuccessful, but they did manage to create a church in Fuyukaba which has been run by Jin’s family ever since.
Ever since he was a little boy he was trained by his father in the ways of the Priest. He was taught dozens, if not hundreds of prayers all of them appealing to God. During these years of training it all seemed very dull and Jin was thoroughly uninterested, but when he was 12 years old his father brought him along for an exorcism.
Here Jin learned that the chants, prayers and rituals he had learned were for exorcists and Jin’s father wanted Jin to become and exorcist like him. Jin didn’t feel much for it.
When he entered High School he met Hideaki. Hideaki tried his best to convince Jin to join the Student Council, but Jin felt like he had no reason to as such. It wasn’t until one of the members of the Student Council showed Jin what they truly did was did he realize that it was a whole different world from the exorcisms his father performed in his dark room. He had found his true purpose.

Class: Swordpriest

Ability: Jin possesses an arsenal of spells, chants, rituals and prayers all designed to combat demons. This holy power only damages demons and protects him from demons. Against any normal person Jin would be no different from any other kid with a sword. Speaking of which, he is pretty good with a katana. Like really good. Good enough to kill demons.
The way Jin's holy power works in a unique way. He himself holds no power, but by praying with the Christian Prayer Beads wrapped around his right wrist he can charge the beads with holy power depending on what prayer he used. These beads can only hold 12 of these powers simultaneously and if Jin uses all of them or wants to use the holy power without the beads he will have to take his time and pray. He also has to pray to recharge these powers. 

Prayers:
Prayer of Power
“Soul of Christ, sanctify me; Body of Christ, save me; Passion of Christ, strengthen me.†– Greatly increases Jin’s speed, dexterity, agility and resistance to Demonic powers. This is an ability that doesn’t specifically target Demonic forces, but if he intends to use it against anything that isn’t supernatural he will lose the power granted to him immediately. Using this power drains Jin’s energy slowly.
Prayer of Justice: “Burn all these evils in hell, that they may never again touch me or any other creature in the entire world.†– Jin’s katana gets infused with Holy Light that’s harmless to humans but burns at anything Demonic. Using this power drains Jin’s energy slowly.
Prayer of Fire: “As smoke is driven away, so are they driven; as wax melts before the fire, so the wicked perish at the presence of God.†– Jin can fire a blast of light to burn Demons. This size of the blast determines the amount of energy used, but the small blasts he makes the most use of require only a small amount of energy.

I'm interested! I'll get my character out later because I'm on my phone now.

This looks fun. I won't be able to participate for a couple of weeks, though... 

Are there openings for generic mysterious transfer students, in that case?

1 person likes this

Name: Yuudai Shinozaki
Race: Human

Appearance:
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100529031456/incognitoinside/images/6/63/Simon2.jpg

Personality: Yuudai is extremely concerned about appearances, and therefore tends to portray the "cool guy" image whenever he can. Being one of the more vocal members of the Student Council, he often wears extravagant and colorful jackets or coats on top of his school uniform, much to the annoyance of his teachers. He especially enjoys female attention, and can often be found with two or three girls hanging off his arms as he walks around the school halls. Underneath the confident and proud exterior, however, Yuudai has a deep longing for acceptance and friendship among his peers. He is easily hurt by rejection, and will often get angry if someone picks a fight with one of his close friends.

History: Unbeknownst to many people, Yuudai was picked on for the majority of his younger years. He was never considered part of the 'cool clique', and was even actively sought after by bullies at many times. As he was young and not very athletic, Yuudai could barely fight back, and had his lunch money taken away day after day. He was stubborn, and refused to tell his parents about his plight, often coming up with excuses for his bruises such as getting into an accident or falling down in school. However, his determination also drove him into training his body, ensuring that one day, he would put an end to the bullying.

He found the Shinkatana one day, when he chanced upon a dying Demon Slayer lying in a pool of blood in a darkened alleyway. The moment he touched it, his latent abilities manifested with the sword, and the knowledge of how to use it came flowing into his mind. That was the first time the Shinkatana spoke to him, and it was also the last time. Yuudai knows that the weapon has a will of its own, and he has taken up its strength in exchange for the responsibility of hunting down the Demons that plague the world.

Class: Spellblade

Weapons:
Shinkatana
 - A gleaming longsword that is said to hold numerous magical abilities. When infused with the correct magical energy, it is able to manifest a multitude of powers for its user. Normally it is ethereal, but may be called into existence at any time by its owner. Click here for spoilers on Yuudai's various abilities.

Sean accepted. Timey you're accepted too, but your pic don't work. Since Val has a profile more or less ready that means we have 4 dudes. So no more dudes. Girls are aceepted, otherwise I'll just have to NPC some girls before the testosterone devours us all! 

Also Wstfgl, get back to me when you have free time in a few weeks and we shall see about this mysterious transfer student thing. ;)

That means Wst has to play a girl!

And which part of my pic is rejected? Is it cuz he's too old/flamboyant?

If you want to play a female I have no issue with that, entirely up to you. I won't force ya though, it's easy enough to include NPC's and stuff. I will just create a harem of KyoAni girls to follow us in the halls. 

plus pics are easy to find:

Mio_akiyama.png

see, easy? =p

they are all pretty great...

gonna leave this open a lil' bit longer and see if it gets any more attention. But will probably close it up by this evening and get a opening post churned out. 

Okay, I'll play a girl. The real question is... Tsunderes, Imoutos, Meganekkos, Catgirls or Tsundere Imouto Meganekko Miko Samurai from 40,000 AD?

I might be able to hammer out a character tomorrow, but I won't be posting proper until, say, 2 weeks from now.

1 person likes this

If it's a tsundere meganekko Timey and I will have to fight over you. Sword fight to the death for the tsundere meganekko!

(also +1 for Kars, even though he isn't as awesome as Dio, the greatest Villain of all time.)

That's it, it has to be a tsundere meganekko. Good luck, gentlemen.

(Actually, I wanted to use Esidisi, but it was harder to find a clean gif of his Patented Crying Face)

1 person likes this

Name: Haru Ashikaga

Personality: As the soon-to-be head of the clan, Haru acts in an aristocratic manner. He always seems serene and apathetic towards others, even while actually deeply conflicted. He is notably calm, even in battle. He generally acts indifferent, bordering on arrogance, to most situations he is faced with, and rarely views other people being worth his time. Haru is very perceptive, most of what he says is justified as he is brutally honest, regardless of the consequences. When he was younger, he was quick to anger and very hot-headed. It still exists, but is deeply buried and only rises to the surface in the most extreme of circumstances. In spite of his icy and regal manner, Haru cares for and protects those important to him. Haru is popular among the female population of Fuyukaba Academy, but shows little interest (at least on the surface) in them. Despite all his faults, Haru is capable of fierce courage and loyalty.

Bio: Born to a clan of nobles with wealth, power and ancient traditions. Yet also, in secret, have been practising demon hunters for generations. Haru was brought up with a heavy responsibility on his shoulders, for both these reasons. He was made aware of demons from a very young age and trained to fight them. He underwent a great many hardships to attain the power he has today, and it has caused him to become a distant and unapproachable person who dislikes relying on others.

Though he excelled in his training and became a prodigy of the clan, excelling not just in his slaying of demons but in academics, sport and anything he put his mind to, the one avenue that was lost on Haru was how to be a child. He never learnt to make friends, or to fall in love, he was never allowed these luxuries. As such, resigning himself to being unable to experience these things, he closed himself off to them entirely.

Ability: It is unclear what Haru underwent to attain his abilities, but it can't have been anything pleasant. He seems able to create and manipulate all forms of moisture and their temperature. From mist, to water, to ice or even boiling steam. He can create weapons out of ice, projectiles, or even moving 'summons'. It is an incredibly varied ability which he uses to great skill, despite his age.

okay this is officially male character locked. Female characters are fine but there is far too much men in this rp and not enough girls. 

iQiQOqgeFtXgN.gif

Spend your time doing the profile not the gifs!!  :3  I wanna see this character and the start of the RP. lol

He won't be participating yet though. I think the plan is to start without him and he'll join in later as a transfer student.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0